Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 08:46 AM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 1,284 Posts

Mavzyx, yours is the only, freeze date further out than mine. I usually maintain the status as person who’s build is furthest out in the future. lol No delivery date is a bummer.

Oh wait! I just checked and you’re actually 1 day ahead of me.

Still reigning champion of the wooooooorrrrllllldddd!

Last edited by Adrift; 02-07-2022 at 08:51 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Mavzyx (02-07-2022)
Old 02-07-2022, 09:09 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,475 Likes on 918 Posts

This is an extract and translation from the GP Ice Race interview with Walliser by Germany's Auto Motor Sport magazine:

"In addition to the drive, both models (GT3& GT4 RS) have something else in common: the high demand. Although there is no clearly defined total production number in advance, but neither GT3 nor GT4 are the only variants of their series.
So many customers will find themselves on waiting lists, which are then filtered again by sales. "We make sure that enough new customers get a car," emphasizes Walliser. Whatever the case, the murmurings of those who don't get one shouldn't be overheard."

I don't know about you guys but that sounds like, it's not limited but don't expect that many as we need to keep of the production of the other models....and "enough" new customers? not sure what to think on that one combined with filtering by sales....

Here's the link: https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...cayman-gt4-rs/
Old 02-07-2022, 09:12 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RVL09
Just ordered a GT4 RS. Now to hurry up and wait. Fingers crossed for an allocation.

Did they already received actual allocations on PAG system that are configurable?
Old 02-07-2022, 10:01 AM
steve0827
Burning Brakes

Received 146 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
This is an extract and translation from the GP Ice Race interview with Walliser by Germany's Auto Motor Sport magazine:

"In addition to the drive, both models (GT3& GT4 RS) have something else in common: the high demand. Although there is no clearly defined total production number in advance, but neither GT3 nor GT4 are the only variants of their series.
So many customers will find themselves on waiting lists, which are then filtered again by sales. "We make sure that enough new customers get a car," emphasizes Walliser. Whatever the case, the murmurings of those who don't get one shouldn't be overheard."

I don't know about you guys but that sounds like, it's not limited but don't expect that many as we need to keep of the production of the other models....and "enough" new customers? not sure what to think on that one combined with filtering by sales....

Here's the link: https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...cayman-gt4-rs/
Y'all realize there's a middle ground, right? They don't have infinite production capacity, so it's incredibly unlikely that PAG is able to fill every order they receive. At the same time, the car isn't a numbered car or one which they're intentionally limiting production. But again, that doesn't mean every order will be filled.
Old 02-07-2022, 10:29 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by steve0827
Y'all realize there's a middle ground, right? They don't have infinite production capacity, so it's incredibly unlikely that PAG is able to fill every order they receive. At the same time, the car isn't a numbered car or one which they're intentionally limiting production. But again, that doesn't mean every order will be filled.

That's exactly why I posted this......some people go by what AP said on the Top Gear interview about production.....that's just PR in order to keep everyone happy. It wont be limited but it will be limited by their production capacity they have allocated to the 4RS inside their 718 model lineup.
Old 02-07-2022, 10:39 AM
G.Irish
Racer

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts

What did AP say that is so hard for everyone to believe? 'We'll make this car for 2-2.5 years and try to meet demand'. Obviously capacity isn't infinite.

Bottom line is that they're in business to make profit, and they'll make as many GT cars as they can within their constraints to achieve that. Seems pretty simple to me.
The following users liked this post:
Diablo Dude (02-07-2022)
Old 02-07-2022, 11:03 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by G.Irish
What did AP say that is so hard for everyone to believe? 'We'll make this car for 2-2.5 years and try to meet demand'. Obviously capacity isn't infinite.

Bottom line is that they're in business to make profit, and they'll make as many GT cars as they can within their constraints to achieve that. Seems pretty simple to me.
Yeah...like he said on the TG video that the car has carbon sway bars? Or the numerous times he has said things and later is different.....
He sometimes does make mistakes but other times is just PR for the masses....I don't blame him as this is normal for most corporations.
Yeah...they are in the business to make profit but they have X capacity to make profit and they just can't kill the rest of the 718 lineup.
We just have to look how they have handled GT3/GT3RS (fixed!) productions in the past.....

Last edited by jmartpr; 02-07-2022 at 07:54 PM.
Old 02-07-2022, 11:51 AM
phefner
Rennlist Member

Received 707 Likes on 422 Posts

Did some recon on the 4RS last weekend, trying to drum up some support for one of the 2 GT4RS allocations my dealer has. Looks like they are going the same way as McKenna Porsche is, and there are others I suppose; I've only been able to confirm McKenna and Loeber. Thoughts are their current allocations will be built BY THE DEALER, and then a "Charity" like event will be held to auction them off. Some portion of proceeds, or something like that, going to charity/a cause. Likely sometime in June or July.

Get your cashiers checks in order. Who doesn't like a good paddle raise!

What I gather is the bidding, and fervor over the ADMs, was getting nasty enough that some of the GMs thought an auction might be the best way to settle the limited supply versus outsized demand.

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out.
Old 02-07-2022, 12:07 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

but other times is just PR for the masses....
This. He also said pretty much everyone that wanted a spyder has one. If so, then why are most dealers asking $25k ADM, and used examples selling well over MSRP? PR statement.
The following 2 users liked this post by Adrift:
FazedChicken (02-07-2022), Mavzyx (02-07-2022)
Old 02-07-2022, 12:18 PM
Mavzyx
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrift
Mavzyx, yours is the only, freeze date further out than mine. I usually maintain the status as person who’s build is furthest out in the future. lol No delivery date is a bummer.

Oh wait! I just checked and you’re actually 1 day ahead of me.

Still reigning champion of the wooooooorrrrllllldddd!
I do believe the delivery date might not be showing as I am doing euro delivery?
Old 02-07-2022, 12:22 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,675 Likes on 2,092 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrift
This. He also said pretty much everyone that wanted a spyder has one. If so, then why are most dealers asking $25k ADM, and used examples selling well over MSRP? PR statement.
You need to put AP's comments into context. The question was in reference to 981 single production year, which he replied we'll be making them in 2019, 2020, and maybe 2021. If you were listening to his comments in 2019 and wanted one -- you got one easily (maybe even at a discount).

He never said give me a shout in 2022 if you want one and we'll keep the line open.
The following 2 users liked this post by TXshaggy:
ausgang (02-07-2022), G.Irish (02-07-2022)
Old 02-07-2022, 12:39 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,362 Likes on 829 Posts

Originally Posted by Mavzyx
I do believe the delivery date might not be showing as I am doing euro delivery?
Last communication I had was that they now would like 4 weeks from end of production for ED. I'm waiting to find out the Leipzig dates for July. P.S. my production date has not changed.
Old 02-07-2022, 12:51 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
If you were listening to his comments in 2019 and wanted one -- you got one easily (maybe even at a discount)..
Fair enough; before my (paying attention) time.
Old 02-07-2022, 06:02 PM
G.Irish
Racer

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts

Yeah...like he said on the TG video that the car has carbon sway bars? Or the numerous times he has said things and later is different.....
He sometimes does make mistakes but other times is just PR for the masses....I don't blame him as this is normal for most corporations.
This is kinda why people in the auto industry are so cagey about saying anything of substance, especially about future product plans. Quotes get taken out of context. A statement that is true at one point in time gets treated like a lie because it's not true at some later point in time. Or a casual statement about something that is not totally decided yet gets treated as some sort of ironclad guarantee.
Yeah...they are in the business to make profit but they have X capacity to make profit and they just can't kill the rest of the 718 lineup.
Sure, who's arguing otherwise? Porsche has an upper limit on how many GT cars they can make, and naturally they are going to skew towards the most profitable products. They don't want to overproduce but it's of little benefit to them to intentionally and wildly undershoot demand.
We just have to look how they have handled GT3/GT4RS productions in the past.....
Case in point, you made a mistake here, there's never been a GT4RS. So should we now treat all of your statements as suspect? Either way, for almost every successive GT car, they've produced more than the last. That means they're gonna try to make a lot of 992 GT3's, and will probably make a lot of GT4RS's and GT3RS's.
Old 02-07-2022, 06:34 PM
Prime
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 97 Posts

My Dealer in Aus has advised they are getting allocation of 10 GT4 RS in the 2nd half of 2022.
There are only 10 dealers in the whole of Australia and most are owned by Porsche Factory and all are supposedly getting 10 each.

They said they couldn't guarantee anything beyond that to any customer but my dealership alone has deposits for over 50 cars to the point they are just putting names on a list weeks ago.
Was fortunate enough to have my deposit in before an announcement, but I have no doubt they are bumping long standing customers in front of younger buyers like me.

That is assuming the dealership gets 10 cars every 6 months for the next 2/2.5 years then its already sold out here bar cancellations.

Though they don't really know beyond this year yet, and will likely know more in a few months about next years production numbers.
I'm on the list for a delivery first half 2023 if they do in fact get 10 this year.

It seems like the US dealers are only getting a firm 3 allocations but that could just be for build slots in the first half of 2022 and more could come later in the year perhaps?
It seems with the dealership model and laws in the US that US dealers are trying to play down production models and scope to bump up ADM's.
We only ever pay sticker price in Aus unless its under the table.

I'd be interested to know what German and other euro nation dealership allocations are like for 2022.

Quick Reply: GT4 RS Allocation Thread