Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The 718 Spyder RS Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2023, 10:12 PM
348SStb
Burning Brakes

Received 545 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by stitchtosample
Another MSRP dealer here, cold called for my 718 GT4 Euro Delivery in the height of the market. I had another sports car that I sold privately vs trading in. They're good people and we've become friends.

Point being is look around and treat people like people.
You’re a NY guy and you have an MSRP dealer nearby? I can’t think of a single NY or NJ dealer who is at MSRP but kudos to you and your finding. Maybe that’s the trick… way out of State. I’ve encountered some fine people from different dealers across the country but have found the small dealers do not have a prayer of having allocation for more than one GT4/Spyder RS and who did not even have a prior 918 new delivery.
Old 09-01-2023, 09:10 AM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 442 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by 348SStb
You’re a NY guy and you have an MSRP dealer nearby? I can’t think of a single NY or NJ dealer who is at MSRP but kudos to you and your finding. Maybe that’s the trick… way out of State. I’ve encountered some fine people from different dealers across the country but have found the small dealers do not have a prayer of having allocation for more than one GT4/Spyder RS and who did not even have a prior 918 new delivery.
There are factors that would have a dealer sell at MSRP. I was told that if there was an allocation available I could have bought at MSRP, however there are too many on the list to get to me.
Old 09-01-2023, 11:22 AM
clutchplate
Three Wheelin'

Received 958 Likes on 454 Posts

I currently own my 13th and 14th Porsches but I can barely get an annual service at MSRP let alone one of these rare cars. Must be some heavy hitters locking these cars up without ADM.
Old 09-01-2023, 11:38 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,448 Likes on 2,531 Posts

Originally Posted by clutchplate
I currently own my 13th and 14th Porsches but I can barely get an annual service at MSRP let alone one of these rare cars. Must be some heavy hitters locking these cars up without ADM.
You have to find an MSRP dealer, and then do a good volume of buying, trading in, and servicing with that one dealer, which usually means that you're local to that dealer. Of course that's not a viable plan for most people.
Old 09-01-2023, 02:49 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,583 Likes on 1,317 Posts

Most of the DFW dealers are MSRP, but their lists are correspondingly long, and the Best Customer types still snipe almost all the good stuff. Pick your poison.
Old 09-01-2023, 08:31 PM
Le Petit Garage
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 643 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by 348SStb
Dealer is local to the NYC area, I've helped a handful of friends get MSRP allocations on GT Products here too.

First car I've purchased from the auto group and I service at an Indy, didn't trade anything in.

I get nothing from sharing this other than to help others understand there are good dealers out there.

Contact me for the best pricing on Quality Parts
- alex@lepetitgarage.us

LePetitGarage.us // @_lepetitgarage on Instagram
Old 09-02-2023, 01:51 AM
DFW01TT
Burning Brakes

Received 533 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrift
Most of the DFW dealers are MSRP, but their lists are correspondingly long, and the Best Customer types still snipe almost all the good stuff. Pick your poison.
So Park Place is msrp, Plano (Autonation) is a full on ADM dealer, what about Grapevine (Avondale?) and Autobahn in Fort Worth?
Let's not mince words, did I miss anyone @Adrift ?
The following users liked this post:
flynlo (09-05-2023)
Old 09-02-2023, 03:02 AM
dmboone25
Racer

Received 330 Likes on 190 Posts

Autobahn Fort Worth is MSRP, but they are saying that they’ll only get 2 cars or so….
Old 09-02-2023, 08:42 AM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

All the DFW dealers but Plano are “MSRP.” But…that is not to say you can go in and get anything desirable unless you’ve been with them since dirt was invented, and for some of them, you know to “play by the rules.”

I got my spyder at Plano. Admittedly RIGHT before they started charging ADM on spyders, but still.

Pick your poison. At least ADM is egalitarian.

Last edited by Adrift; 09-02-2023 at 09:43 AM.
Old 09-02-2023, 09:52 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,831 Likes on 2,163 Posts

^^^^ Good use of the “” around MSRP…haha.

I’ve talked to many of these dealers about the Spyder RS and gotten the “brief”—-which I was well aware of.

There is a cost to acquiring these special cars and simple terms like ADM and MSRP really don’t apply as there’s too much additional individual accounting going on
Adrift (09-02-2023)
Old 09-04-2023, 11:46 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Okay, not an A list reviewer, but this may be the best sounding review I’ve heard. This is pure ICE ear ****. OMG!

I need that sound in my life! I am now officially sold.

Last edited by Adrift; 09-05-2023 at 12:12 AM.
Old 09-05-2023, 12:24 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Adrift
Okay, not an A list reviewer, but this may be the best sounding review I’ve heard. This is pure ICE ear ****. OMG!

I need that sound in my life! I am now officially sold.

https://youtu.be/HHCdHQ_fQf8?si=EdDeonlHSNpobVpm
Another useless review, other than his mentioning that the SRS will go into MY 2025, so maybe y'all don't need to trample over each other rushing to pay a big ADM to get this thing. And he has no authority to assure us that the car will keep increasing in value, his crystal ball isn't any better than yours or mine.

His superlatives about the car tell us pretty much nothing, because he provides no meaningful comparisons. Of course the steering feel is good, the car turns well, the car is not slow, and it sounds pretty good. Same can be said for lots of cars. But what are the differences?!

And I think his comments about the car being really fast discredit him. I assume it will be about as fast as a 4RS, which is not a slow car, but it does feel kind of slow compared to lots of other cars. There's no instantaneous acceleration with this car, it needs to be wound up in order to go.

Regarding the sound, anyone contemplating buying the SRS should give the 4RS a listen. Assuming they sound similar, my subjective opinion is that the 4RS sounds pretty good, but to my ears the GT3/RS cars sound better - a fuller sound compared to the 4RS, which sounds a bit thinner. I think it's very difficult to judge the sound from videos.

My order of preference is still 4RS over the SRS, but even if I get neither of them, I'm ok with that. I drove my friend's Hyundai Elantra N yesterday, and I was really impressed with it, a true driver's car for only $40k brand new. Makes Porsches seem like overpriced poser's cars.

Last edited by Manifold; 09-05-2023 at 12:27 AM.
Old 09-05-2023, 07:32 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 781 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Another useless review, other than his mentioning that the SRS will go into MY 2025, so maybe y'all don't need to trample over each other rushing to pay a big ADM to get this thing. And he has no authority to assure us that the car will keep increasing in value, his crystal ball isn't any better than yours or mine.

His superlatives about the car tell us pretty much nothing, because he provides no meaningful comparisons. Of course the steering feel is good, the car turns well, the car is not slow, and it sounds pretty good. Same can be said for lots of cars. But what are the differences?!

And I think his comments about the car being really fast discredit him. I assume it will be about as fast as a 4RS, which is not a slow car, but it does feel kind of slow compared to lots of other cars. There's no instantaneous acceleration with this car, it needs to be wound up in order to go.

Regarding the sound, anyone contemplating buying the SRS should give the 4RS a listen. Assuming they sound similar, my subjective opinion is that the 4RS sounds pretty good, but to my ears the GT3/RS cars sound better - a fuller sound compared to the 4RS, which sounds a bit thinner. I think it's very difficult to judge the sound from videos.

My order of preference is still 4RS over the SRS, but even if I get neither of them, I'm ok with that. I drove my friend's Hyundai Elantra N yesterday, and I was really impressed with it, a true driver's car for only $40k brand new. Makes Porsches seem like overpriced poser's cars.
Spoken just like someone who cannot get an allocation of either nor likely afford anyway. Your review of the reviewer wasn't so good either LOL! Best to keep your thoughts to yourself when you don't have one nor ever will have one. I'm sure there is a board somewhere that discusses the Elantra where you can contribute legitimately. Good luck!

Poser

The following 2 users liked this post by TexasPorschelover:
fxz (09-05-2023), newalbanyohio (09-05-2023)
Old 09-05-2023, 07:45 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TexasPorschelover
Spoken just like someone who cannot get an allocation of either nor likely afford anyway. Your review of the reviewer wasn't so good either LOL! Best to keep your thoughts to yourself when you don't have one nor ever will have one. I'm sure there is a board somewhere that discusses the Elantra where you can contribute legitimately. Good luck!

Poser
Your assumptions about me say a lot about YOU.
AndrewLakes (09-06-2023)
Old 09-05-2023, 08:37 AM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

The word is “poseur”

If we are going to be / discuss poseurs, let’s at least get the word right. And you have to say it with your pinky finger out. 😎

Quick Reply: The 718 Spyder RS Discussion Thread