Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

What did you buy your 718 today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2024 | 01:35 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
And the wheel centers...I changed all of them on my last 2 P-cars.
Yes, at least these as well, problem is even on Suncoast they list multiple choices, I would have Platinum Satin wheels and Gloss Platinum (Anthracite) wheels to match...
Old 07-10-2024 | 11:54 PM
BabyNSX
Rennlist Member

Another little goodie installed today... I think I'll much prefer this location for the Garmin during my next track day.

The following 3 users liked this post by BabyNSX:
BoxKing (07-11-2024), KelvinC (07-11-2024), TRSCobra (07-11-2024)
Old 07-11-2024 | 09:21 AM
Phillip Berk
Rennlist Member

After purchasing a few different exhaust solutions for my hopefully soon to arrive BGTS 4.0, I had bought flat6 OAP's and the caragraphic valve controller, but figured it was silly to install something I didn't love just to remove it and eventually get the system that most people claim is one of the best for this platform, Now I am even more excited for my car to arrive and throw this system on with the valve controller. I am hoping this with combo with the BMC filters gives me that perfect amount of induction sound+ GT3 wail. Mods are piling up! Burm tweeters, spacers, filters, clear markers, short shifter and CGT Shift ****.

The following 8 users liked this post by Phillip Berk:
6IXSPD (07-11-2024), BabyNSX (07-11-2024), BoxKing (07-11-2024), silverscooby27 (07-11-2024), subwoofer (07-14-2024), tigerhonaker (07-11-2024), TRSCobra (07-11-2024), Zakato70 (09-02-2024) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-12-2024 | 01:35 AM
GTorBUST
Rennlist Member

Have a set of JCR non silenced link pipes for sale if anyone is interested
Old 07-14-2024 | 09:48 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Phillip Berk
After purchasing a few different exhaust solutions for my hopefully soon to arrive BGTS 4.0, I had bought flat6 OAP's and the caragraphic valve controller, but figured it was silly to install something I didn't love just to remove it and eventually get the system that most people claim is one of the best for this platform, Now I am even more excited for my car to arrive and throw this system on with the valve controller. I am hoping this with combo with the BMC filters gives me that perfect amount of induction sound+ GT3 wail. Mods are piling up! Burm tweeters, spacers, filters, clear markers, short shifter and CGT Shift ****.

My Kline is about 2 weeks old now. It is a very nice sound and you will enjoy it. Not too loud even with valves open all the time. Having said that, I’m not sure why the system you purchased is so discolored? Hope you got a good deal. New ones aren’t that expensive in stainless steel.
Old 07-14-2024 | 10:43 PM
rescueswimmer
Advanced

You won't be disappointed the Kline is amazing, with the BMC filters it completes the car. I have yet to close the valves, Well I just checked function of the Cargraphic controller and they have been open ever since under 4k its louder than stock but sounds right, over 4K it sounds like a true GT car. How do you like the Berm upgrade, I thought about doing it but the cabin is so damn loud anyway didn't thing it would make that much of a difference.
Old 07-14-2024 | 11:31 PM
GoBigSpyder
Intermediate

Valentine V1 G2 and clear side marker lights.
Old 07-15-2024 | 01:24 AM
BabyNSX
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRSCobra
Do you notice any difference between brands? I have the AWE ones and they work alright in my experience but I'd be open to changing them if there was a better option.
Ok... so had a chance to take the car out for a spin with these new deflectors and they work much better than the AWE ones, I was running with the windows down at every practical speed and wind noise was never noticeable. I found myself surprised when I looked down once at my speed with the windows down and simply didn't hear any wind noise. One window, both windows, partially, or fully open... these deflectors all but eliminate in cabin wind noise. Zero buffeting.
The following 5 users liked this post by BabyNSX:
alwaysdriving (07-15-2024), Le Petit Garage (07-17-2024), Mike981S (07-15-2024), rjag2034 (07-23-2024), TRSCobra (07-15-2024)
Old 07-15-2024 | 08:01 AM
Phillip Berk
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by subwoofer
My Kline is about 2 weeks old now. It is a very nice sound and you will enjoy it. Not too loud even with valves open all the time. Having said that, I’m not sure why the system you purchased is so discolored? Hope you got a good deal. New ones aren’t that expensive in stainless steel.
I honestly paid way more than I would have in any other scenario, but I still saved a few thousand over going new, the discoloration is very normal, within a few months even weeks yours will look the same if SS. On top of that this one already had the heat shielding + the wait time from Kline is pretty long, My car was supposed to arrive latest today, but just got pushed back to august 5th so I guess I will have sometime just looking at it haha.
Old 07-15-2024 | 08:59 AM
Phillip Berk
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rescueswimmer
You won't be disappointed the Kline is amazing, with the BMC filters it completes the car. I have yet to close the valves, Well I just checked function of the Cargraphic controller and they have been open ever since under 4k its louder than stock but sounds right, over 4K it sounds like a true GT car. How do you like the Berm upgrade, I thought about doing it but the cabin is so damn loud anyway didn't thing it would make that much of a difference.
I am very excited, everyone keeps saying it is the best way to get that OEM+ Gt3 tone/ sound, without crazy volume or drone (JCR for example, a lot louder I have heard) I leave early in the morning and have lots of neighbors so I figured the valves closed mode would be good for that + cold start, as well as some of the longer highway drives. My car still hasn't arrived ( currently living it up at the german port for over a month now) but I don't imagine the tweeters will be game changers but anything helps. I bet with a hardtop CGTS it will make more of a noticeable difference than the soft top, but I got them for under $100 brand new so I figured it was worth a shot, if it makes a difference great, if not, oh well.
Old 07-15-2024 | 09:28 AM
mc3456
Rennlist Member

I am very excited, everyone keeps saying it is the best way to get that OEM+ Gt3 tone/ sound, without crazy volume or drone (JCR for example, a lot louder I have heard) I leave early in the morning and have lots of neighbors so I figured the valves closed mode would be good for that + cold start, as well as some of the longer highway drives. My car still hasn't arrived ( currently living it up at the german port for over a month now) but I don't imagine the tweeters will be game changers but anything helps. I bet with a hardtop CGTS it will make more of a noticeable difference than the soft top, but I got them for under $100 brand new so I figured it was worth a shot, if it makes a difference great, if not, oh well.
The cold start is still pretty loud if inside the garage, but it quiets down fairly quickly. On the highway, valves closed is a nice option to have available and is pretty tame when cruising. I use mine with valves 100% open about 95% of the time, but have recently started driving with them closed too while in Sport mode. Though way quieter than valves open, it gives you a nicer, deeper classic stock Flat 6 sound. It’s just nice to have optionality.
Old 07-15-2024 | 09:45 AM
rescueswimmer
Advanced

@Phillip Berk If your doing it yourself, Which if you have any mechanical ability and tools it is a super easy job, Only need two people for about 5 minutes other than that its a one person job. As a guide I followed this https://911maniac.com/kline/ and this youtube " " as a starting point to see what I needed to do. I used all the factory Porsche hardware and ordered new Porsche gaskets as well, but it did come with some. Only issue I had was some studs came out but my car had 6k on it. You should not have that issue.

Last edited by rescueswimmer; 07-16-2024 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-16-2024 | 08:42 AM
fasteddie99
Rennlist Member

Amazon.com: CTEK - 40-206 MXS 5.0 Fully Automatic 4.3 amp Battery Charger and Maintainer 12V : Automotive Amazon.com: CTEK - 40-206 MXS 5.0 Fully Automatic 4.3 amp Battery Charger and Maintainer 12V : Automotive
Prime Day price cut was a bonus
The following users liked this post:
Pokerhobo (07-16-2024)
Old 07-16-2024 | 02:26 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Most of the items I have saved in my Amazon shopping cart went up in price WTF!!!
Most of it is automotive related so Im not surprised, and Im not willing to jump on other so called "Prime Deals" when the discounts are a meager few bucks.
Old 07-17-2024 | 01:05 AM
SlickxAC
Rennlist Member

Got the JQ Werkz in and on the car. Loving the clickiness of the paddles.
The following users liked this post:
BabyNSX (07-17-2024)

Quick Reply: What did you buy your 718 today?