Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Special Edition 718 Spyder - 000 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2022, 01:19 PM
peloton
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Black belt line

A black belt line and above including a black steering wheel above colored lower interiors and seats is a long standing Porsche style. Black best for driver sight lines and minimized glare. But always fun to add some color below, as with this interior I ordered and still enjoy (apologies for going a bit off-topic here).

The following 4 users liked this post by peloton:
KoNy (10-12-2022), stout (06-29-2022), The Pinkoboe (08-05-2022), TomTarzian (06-23-2022)
Old 06-23-2022, 03:19 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,685 Likes on 925 Posts

Pete,
I inquired about adding Porsche Crest to the headrest... and Cain at Vehicle Personalization had mentioned it would be at the discretion of 000. Do you think this would be possible? I have had it on all my latest Porsche's and love the look.

Also... Is it possible to get Sport Seats Plus Backrest Shells in Black Leather?

Last edited by n4v4nod; 06-23-2022 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-23-2022, 05:11 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

@peloton , that interior is simply gorgeous! I'm sure the rest of the car is, too!

God bless you,
TT

Last edited by TomTarzian; 06-29-2022 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-29-2022, 12:24 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
Pete,
I inquired about adding Porsche Crest to the headrest... and Cain at Vehicle Personalization had mentioned it would be at the discretion of 000. Do you think this would be possible? I have had it on all my latest Porsche's and love the look.

Also... Is it possible to get Sport Seats Plus Backrest Shells in Black Leather?
I don't think we would stand in the way of either of those additions if Cain says they're viable from his end.
Old 06-29-2022, 12:28 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peloton
Into the weeds I go: I stayed away from leather threshold as I've had those in the past and they didn't hold up well under my grubby shoes. I stayed with a black steering wheel for the same reason. I like that you chose a black dash top in your 000 spec - keeping color distractions away from driver's line of sight calls for dark colors in that zone for me. And ditto for keeping a black steering wheel else because I've had colored Porsche steering wheels in the past and they tend to get soiled under my grubby hands (to go with my grubby feet). Same reason I stay away from alcantara steering wheels, just harder to maintain.
Agree with all of the above. We kept the upper dash and door tops black for the practical and traditional reasons you state (that is a beautiful Singer, by the way!), but also to keep costs in check. I too prefer black leather steering wheels and shifters, though I will say the leather thresholds appeal to me for no other reason than the handcrafted nature of them. I think the only way to fly with them is to accept and even embrace the patina to come…an approach I suspect would go very well with Ascot. I would love to see one of these Spyders with 300,000 miles and commensurate wear…which is low-mileage compared to the one-owner, 801,000-mile early 930 that showed up to Rare Shades 6…
Old 06-29-2022, 12:37 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

DELETED.

God bless you,
TT

Last edited by TomTarzian; 07-04-2022 at 01:30 AM.
Old 06-30-2022, 07:46 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,685 Likes on 925 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
I don't think we would stand in the way of either of those additions if Cain says they're viable from his end.
Thanks, Pete.
I rethinking and going with the Buckets instead... but will do the crest on the headrest.
Just waiting for my allocation!
D.
Old 08-05-2022, 09:48 PM
brock256
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Quick question for @stout -- given current issues surrounding availability for PDLS+, where does this leave the 000 Spyder package? Assuming PDLS+ continues to be unavailable for Spyders, will it be possible to spec the 000 CXX package without the (otherwise-required-by-package) PDLS+? I don't have a build that's affected currently (still waiting for my dealer to come through with a CXX-compatible allocation), just trying to think ahead in case this issue persists...

(by the way, I also wanted to express my thanks to you and the rest of the 000 folks involved in working out this package...it's a glorious spec that aligns very well with my tastes, and I'm quite certain I would otherwise not have the ability to work out so many details with Porsche Exclusive without suffering from terminal analysis paralysis!)

Last edited by brock256; 08-05-2022 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-05-2022, 10:33 PM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,019 Likes on 645 Posts

@stout Great work at Pikes with Dave - car looked fantastic with the 000 theme. Well done to all involved
1st in class, 2nd outright - tough gig conditions. Effectively stock TTS on road tires.

What happened to @Petevb ?

Last edited by groundhog; 08-05-2022 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-08-2022, 06:24 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by brock256
Quick question for @stout -- given current issues surrounding availability for PDLS+, where does this leave the 000 Spyder package? Assuming PDLS+ continues to be unavailable for Spyders, will it be possible to spec the 000 CXX package without the (otherwise-required-by-package) PDLS+? I don't have a build that's affected currently (still waiting for my dealer to come through with a CXX-compatible allocation), just trying to think ahead in case this issue persists...
@brock256 sorry I didn't see this sooner!

Porsche Exclusive reached out about this as well as an individual's request to delete the 000 Package's red taillights. After mulling both, we declined the elimination of the taillights (logic: it's something meant to set 000 Package cars apart at a glance and, like silver wheels, something we just dig; it's also something that's easy to have replaced at the selling dealer) but we approved the deletion of LED headlights (logic: better to see 718 Spyders affected produced for those who ordered them than to see those allocations delayed or worse).

(by the way, I also wanted to express my thanks to you and the rest of the 000 folks involved in working out this package...it's a glorious spec that aligns very well with my tastes, and I'm quite certain I would otherwise not have the ability to work out so many details with Porsche Exclusive without suffering from terminal analysis paralysis!)
You are most welcome! Those who have taken delivery really seem to love them…but it's very hard not to like a 718 Spyder...

Originally Posted by groundhog
@stout Great work at Pikes with Dave - car looked fantastic with the 000 theme. Well done to all involved
1st in class, 2nd outright - tough gig conditions. Effectively stock TTS on road tires.

What happened to @Petevb ?
Many thanks @groundhog ! That was a lot of fun, and we figured 2020 was a one-off…but the idea of going back for the production car record proved too much to resist. Donner, Champion, and everyone on the team totally knocked it out of the park. I suspect you saw the Carfection video?

As for @Petevb, I'm not sure what you mean—but would love to see his words in 000 anytime. Hint, hint…

The following 3 users liked this post by stout:
brock256 (08-08-2022), flynlo (08-08-2022), wdr911 (08-13-2022)
Old 08-09-2022, 01:44 AM
brock256
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Porsche Exclusive reached out about this as well as an individual's request to delete the 000 Package's red taillights. After mulling both, we declined the elimination of the taillights (logic: it's something meant to set 000 Package cars apart at a glance and, like silver wheels, something we just dig; it's also something that's easy to have replaced at the selling dealer) but we approved the deletion of LED headlights (logic: better to see 718 Spyders affected produced for those who ordered them than to see those allocations delayed or worse).
Thanks for the info, @stout ! Both decisions make perfect sense to me. One other question on the 000 Spyder, just out of curiosity: do you have any info on the breakdown of the four colors, for builds to date? My impression from this thread is that the majority are Brewster (which also happens to be the direction I'm leaning), with the lion's share of the rest in Slate. I suppose RL may not be fully representative, though...

Last edited by brock256; 08-09-2022 at 01:47 AM.
Old 08-09-2022, 02:23 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the info, @stout ! Both decisions make perfect sense to me. One other question on the 000 Spyder, just out of curiosity: do you have any info on the breakdown of the four colors, for builds to date? My impression from this thread is that the majority are Brewster (which also happens to be the direction I'm leaning), with the lion's share of the rest in Slate. I suppose RL may not be fully representative, though...
We don't have that breakdown, and only know multiples of our hoped for qty have already been produced. Of those, the majority we've seen or know about are Brewster Green, with the rest in Slate Grey. In fact, I have yet to see a car in Albert Blue or GT Silver.
Old 08-09-2022, 11:51 AM
villanM3
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We don't have that breakdown, and only know multiples of our hoped for qty have already been produced. Of those, the majority we've seen or know about are Brewster Green, with the rest in Slate Grey. In fact, I have yet to see a car in Albert Blue or GT Silver.
Albert Blue checking in! Full leather including inlays and buckets! November can't arrive soon enough!
The following users liked this post:
brock256 (08-09-2022)
Old 08-09-2022, 12:27 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by villanM3
Albert Blue checking in! Full leather including inlays and buckets! November can't arrive soon enough!
Awesome! Congrats, and can't wait to see it! Hereby requesting pics…
Old 08-12-2022, 11:33 PM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,019 Likes on 645 Posts

You are most welcome! Those who have taken delivery really seem to love them…but it's very hard not to like a 718 Spyder...

Many thanks @groundhog ! That was a lot of fun, and we figured 2020 was a one-off…but the idea of going back for the production car record proved too much to resist. Donner, Champion, and everyone on the team totally knocked it out of the park. I suspect you saw the Carfection video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOw0YAatUKg

As for @Petevb, I'm not sure what you mean—but would love to see his words in 000 anytime. Hint, hint…
Yes, thats the one - well put together with the dulcid tones of HC as an aural overlay. Quality all round

Driving home after the parade "lap" was a nice touch

Last edited by groundhog; 08-13-2022 at 12:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Special Edition 718 Spyder - 000 Edition