Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Special Edition 718 Spyder - 000 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2022, 01:54 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by whojoemama
@stout i plan to take you up on it. I will likely be up at Laguna Seca in June this year for the Hypercar Invitational, and would love to meet. posted some pictures here.

Such a beauty!

God bless you,
Tom
Old 02-23-2022, 06:04 PM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Received 583 Likes on 318 Posts

As an 000 subscriber since Prototyp and a fan of the 000 color combos.... MAN I wanted to order this SO BAD... especially since it came up RIGHT as I had placed my order for my Spyder!

They priced me out though. Bummer but no hard feelings - keeps it exclusive! Amazing combos. Lucky owner there.
Old 02-23-2022, 06:11 PM
whojoemama
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 57 Posts

thanks. its pretty clear I have more dollars than sense but I will enjoy this beauty.
Old 02-23-2022, 06:21 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

thanks. its pretty clear I have more dollars than sense but I will enjoy this beauty.
I think you have plenty of good sense...and, hopefully, more than a few cents!

God bless you,
Tom
The following users liked this post:
stout (02-24-2022)
Old 02-23-2022, 06:30 PM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Received 583 Likes on 318 Posts

If I had the money - I would have absolutely no question optioned mine with one of the 000 packages, 100%.

Not that buying my Spyder was a dangerous stretch... but lightly optioned was pretty much my limit of what I could comfortably swing to otherwise realize my dream of my very own custom-ordered Porsche. Adding $30k+ was out. But damn I would have loved to!!
Old 02-23-2022, 11:48 PM
Thing2&Thing1
Track Day

Received 22 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=whojoemama;17992413]@stout i plan to take you up on it. I will likely be up at Laguna Seca in June this year for the Hypercar Invitational, and would love to meet. posted some pictures here.

The package looks great and thank you for posting your car.

I wish I had more time to follow this post earlier last year...wasted lots of time training myself to love the alcantara but just couldn't.

Anyway, my order is quite similar to yours, still in a process of confirming all the details, started with 000 package but to be dressed in Underberg Green + aurum wheels + aurum model designation at the back (I wanted to have just the word "Spyder" without 718 but was rejected). Ascot brown leather + black inserts steering wheel with 12 o'clock mark, Cognac stitches on black leather/black stitches on Ascot brown leather, Safety bar in aurum are being requested and waiting for answers. I asked for black windshield frame and carrera GT wood shifter but was told not possible. Production month will be September 2022.

After seeing your pictures I might get pebble grey stitches instead of black on Ascot brown.

Old 02-23-2022, 11:53 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Rejected?! Do it yourself:

The following 2 users liked this post by Bob Z.:
masti99 (02-25-2022), stout (02-24-2022)
Old 02-23-2022, 11:56 PM
Thing2&Thing1
Track Day

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Rejected?! Do it yourself:

LOL, that's exactly what I'm going to do! Same for the black windshield frame, will get some matt black PPF!
Old 02-23-2022, 11:58 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

I ordered the car with emblem deleted and bought the one from the last Spyder version and applied it since just the "Spyder" emblem from the 718 is too small by itself.

Last edited by Bob Z.; 02-24-2022 at 12:00 AM.
Thing2&Thing1 (02-24-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 12:19 AM
Thing2&Thing1
Track Day

I ordered the car with emblem deleted and bought the one from the last Spyder version and applied it since just the "Spyder" emblem from the 718 is too small by itself.
I was wondering how you "bold" the text!! Thanks for your tips.
Old 02-24-2022, 02:18 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,326 Likes on 617 Posts

@stout i plan to take you up on it. I will likely be up at Laguna Seca in June this year for the Hypercar Invitational, and would love to meet. posted some pictures here.
Right on, and I'll look forward to it! Was unable to attend the first Hypercar Invitational at Laguna as it was the same day as a certain "top secret" 000 cover shoot in Colorado. ;-) Hopefully, I can make it down to Laguna when you're there—I'd love to check HI out, and it would be fun to snap a photo of your Brewster car alongside one of the 911s that led to the 000 Package. Let's just say a friend in Germany planted a seed, and so there's more to the story behind your car.

Thank you for these pics, too. A mutual friend of ours sent these to Alex and me, and they were the first we'd seen of one on U.S. soil—but I think you and Rusnak were the first to "debut" the 000 Spyder publicly!

Originally Posted by KelvinC
Such a gorgeous car. Congrats on a unique and special build!

No 000 option for my GT4, but the closest I could get was applying the nice decal to my helmet.

Ha—this is where I run the 000 sticker on my own helmet. Which is a reminder: I need to get back to the track more!

Originally Posted by daaa nope
As an 000 subscriber since Prototyp and a fan of the 000 color combos.... MAN I wanted to order this SO BAD... especially since it came up RIGHT as I had placed my order for my Spyder!

They priced me out though. Bummer but no hard feelings - keeps it exclusive! Amazing combos. Lucky owner there.
Ah, I wish you could have! You can be sure, though, that we didn't aim for "exclusive" pricing with the 000 Package. The price was Porsche's to set, so all we could do was make very careful selections—and anyone who has really done the CXX leather dance will quickly see the 000 Package is an exercise in maximizing impact vs price. Besides a few non-interior options in the package, it's actually about as low as one can go if the goal is deleting Alcantara. Now add the secondary goal of adding a distinctive aesthetic once you're spending that much. Doing all that work for a black full-leather interior seemed like a missed opportunity, and I like black interiors! So a lot of time was spent with the Exclusive team figuring out what might work in that interior, and what wouldn't…and the tension between maximum value vs a certain look actually proved to be a fun challenge.

I suppose I should note: We don't make money on these Spyders—Alex and I did it for the pure fun of it as car nuts, and with the hope maybe a few intriguing, quietly "000" cars would end up on roads around the globe. And there will be more than a few of these cars…

Originally Posted by daaa nope
If I had the money - I would have absolutely no question optioned mine with one of the 000 packages, 100%.

Not that buying my Spyder was a dangerous stretch... but lightly optioned was pretty much my limit of what I could comfortably swing to otherwise realize my dream of my very own custom-ordered Porsche. Adding $30k+ was out. But damn I would have loved to!!
Totally get it. I'd need to sell my 914 and my 911 to buy one of these Spyders. Not only can I not see doing that, my daily has to be a 2+2, which is why I sold my GT4. But I'll still be glad to see these Spyders out there, just as I am whenever I see other cool configurations.

Originally Posted by Thing2&Thing1

The package looks great and thank you for posting your car.

I wish I had more time to follow this post earlier last year...wasted lots of time training myself to love the alcantara but just couldn't.

Anyway, my order is quite similar to yours, still in a process of confirming all the details, started with 000 package but to be dressed in Underberg Green + aurum wheels + aurum model designation at the back (I wanted to have just the word "Spyder" without 718 but was rejected). Ascot brown leather + black inserts steering wheel with 12 o'clock mark, Cognac stitches on black leather/black stitches on Ascot brown leather, Safety bar in aurum are being requested and waiting for answers. I asked for black windshield frame and carrera GT wood shifter but was told not possible. Production month will be September 2022.

After seeing your pictures I might get pebble grey stitches instead of black on Ascot brown.
So you've done the dance and know. The Pebble Gray—and where to apply it—was one of the big discussion points for the 000 Package, along with the black anodized dash & door trim (which wasn't previously "stocked" in the Exclusive workshop).

Been watching your posts with interest, and my only caution is to make sure you see actual samples of Underberg + Ascot + Aurum out in the sun as well as under overcast skies—if you haven't already. That combo may be amazing (!), but I've ordered two PTS cars and one of my "in theory" looks didn't turn out as I thought it would. It was nice, but didn't quite "nail it" for me—so PTS is a bit of a gamble. I love Underberg, but—as with Oak—definitely in some applications more than others (the GT2 RS is one of them). I worry Underberg may be a bit "milky" next to Ascot. Or if it could be fantastic. We considered Underberg and (briefly) British Racing Green for the green option, but ultimately stuck with Brewster.
wdr911 (03-04-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 01:56 AM
Thing2&Thing1
Track Day

Originally Posted by stout
So you've done the dance and know. The Pebble Gray—and where to apply it—was one of the big discussion points for the 000 Package, along with the black anodized dash & door trim (which wasn't previously "stocked" in the Exclusive workshop).

Nice to meet you Pete! These black trims are must have in my opinion and thank you for making them available!
As for the Pebble Grey, after days of debate in my head, I think you've nailed it! Now because I really want an Ascot brown steering wheel, I decided to go with cognac stitches on the black leather on the dash.

Been watching your posts with interest, and my only caution is to make sure you see actual samples of Underberg + Ascot + Aurum out in the sun as well as under overcast skies—if you haven't already. That combo may be amazing (!), but I've ordered two PTS cars and one of my "in theory" looks didn't turn out as I thought it would. It was nice, but didn't quite "nail it" for me—so PTS is a bit of a gamble.
I love Underberg, but—as with Oak—definitely in some applications more than others (the GT2 RS is one of them). I worry Underberg may be a bit "milky" next to Ascot. Or if it could be fantastic. We considered Underberg and (briefly) British Racing Green for the green option, but ultimately stuck with Brewster.
I haven't got a chance to see any real sample but only from the internet on a GT2RS and an Instagram post from Boris.Apenbrink. In fact you just reminded me that this Spyder is probably the most expensive item I've purchased without seeing/touching! Let me contact my SA tomorrow and see if he can order me some samples.
Technically this Spyder is my first Porsche (bought a used 997.2 while waiting), I pulled the trigger because I think this is the most beautiful Porsche I've ever seen with some very special racing technology from the motorsport department which I don't know if Porsche can still produce them at this price range in the future with so many restrictions on combustible engine. The choice of having green is mostly related to my childhood, a 70's green Targa that kept showing up around my home. I've been struggling which green to go with...Oak is a bit too yellowish... British racing on a German car sounds funny after Brexit but seriously I think it belongs to a Jag or Aston Martin...and I get that "milky" tone you've mentioned...it's a bit washed and vintage, which I think should match with the terracotta-like Ascot Brown and matte gold Aurum very well (in theory). Anyway, let me try getting some samples and share pictures here.
Old 02-25-2022, 09:37 AM
Der Tgr
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 144 Posts

Exactly what I did too.

The following 2 users liked this post by Der Tgr:
Charles Everson (04-30-2022), IRM (02-25-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 11:28 AM
vcp13
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 236 Posts

this is a stunner, wow. congrats!!!
Old 03-03-2022, 12:28 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,326 Likes on 617 Posts

Originally Posted by Thing2&Thing1
I haven't got a chance to see any real sample but only from the internet on a GT2RS and an Instagram post from Boris.Apenbrink. In fact you just reminded me that this Spyder is probably the most expensive item I've purchased without seeing/touching! Let me contact my SA tomorrow and see if he can order me some samples.
Technically this Spyder is my first Porsche (bought a used 997.2 while waiting), I pulled the trigger because I think this is the most beautiful Porsche I've ever seen with some very special racing technology from the motorsport department which I don't know if Porsche can still produce them at this price range in the future with so many restrictions on combustible engine. The choice of having green is mostly related to my childhood, a 70's green Targa that kept showing up around my home. I've been struggling which green to go with...Oak is a bit too yellowish... British racing on a German car sounds funny after Brexit but seriously I think it belongs to a Jag or Aston Martin...and I get that "milky" tone you've mentioned...it's a bit washed and vintage, which I think should match with the terracotta-like Ascot Brown and matte gold Aurum very well (in theory). Anyway, let me try getting some samples and share pictures here.
^ You've ordered a great first new Porsche. The 718 Spyder, in any form, is a fabulous driver's car.

It's funny just how much our interactions with certain cars when we're young can guide our interests later. Growing up reading about dark green Porsches, Rufs, and Alpinas hooked me on the color for fast, discreet German cars. And you are exactly right about Oak Green. My first PTS order was Oak, and new Oak ≠ old Oak. It's like Peridot from the Cayman R or Arena Red on a 993—it looks like there's a gold metallic coat under a green clear coat. It worked with that 991.2 Carrera's silver wheels, yellow PCCB calipers, and Espresso leather, but I also learned a color that hits you just right on one Porsche (or Ruf Rt35, in my case) may not on another. Models matter, variants even. Not entirely sure why. A friend's 991 GT2 RS on White Gold wheels is one of the best looking GT2 RSs I've seen—alongside the Underberg GT2 RS on White Gold wheels—but Oak on my less aggressive Carrera never won me over. The followup Carrera, effectively the same car but in Brewster Green, made the price of PTS worth every penny.

Whether Underberg will be a winner on a 718 Spyder with an Ascot Brown interior and Aurum wheels instead of that GT2 RS is an open question. Could well be, and will be curious if your contacts can supply good samples. A few friends who tend to order PTS cars have taken to having a body shop do a spray out on a single panel, ideally a damaged bumper or something with curves. Sounds funny, but isn't all that expensive in light of the cost of PTS.

I'm getting more pics of the first Spyders with the 000 Package, and hope to post them soon—the interior looks fantastic in pics. Can't wait to see one in person.
The following 3 users liked this post by stout:
Mr P. Pan (03-10-2022), Vintage72 (03-03-2022), wdr911 (03-04-2022)

Quick Reply: Special Edition 718 Spyder - 000 Edition