Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Special Edition 718 Spyder - 000 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2022, 02:59 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,685 Likes on 925 Posts

https://www.porschelittleton.com/new...6ae6db6609.htm

Wish it had PCCBs and Buckets... shame it has Sofas with no heated seats! Talk about a miss. Clearly a customer cancellation.
Old 08-27-2022, 03:41 PM
brock256
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
https://www.porschelittleton.com/new...6ae6db6609.htm

Wish it had PCCBs and Buckets... shame it has Sofas with no heated seats! Talk about a miss. Clearly a customer cancellation.
Is the Ascot Brown 12 o'clock marker a standard part of the 000 package? Or something extra that was spec'd for that car? I don't recall seeing that in any of the prior renders/photos (and I don't especially like it...)

Also kind of seems like the ascot leather doesn't really "want" to conform to the curves of the sofas? Maybe it's just these photos, but it really doesn't look great on this car...which is odd, given that the slate grey car further up the thread had sofas, and that one looked great...

Last edited by brock256; 08-27-2022 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-27-2022, 04:42 PM
brock256
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
Clearly a customer cancellation.
I was thinking the same, but my wife reads the fine print and pointed out:
Vehicle For Display Purposes Only / NOT FOR SALE!
Old 08-28-2022, 12:25 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,685 Likes on 925 Posts

Originally Posted by brock256
I was thinking the same, but my wife reads the fine print and pointed out:
I inquired... It's for sale and available.

Last edited by n4v4nod; 08-28-2022 at 12:26 AM.
The following users liked this post:
brock256 (08-28-2022)
Old 08-29-2022, 09:12 PM
Dorian C
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Awesome! Congrats, and can't wait to see it! Hereby requesting pics…
Thank you for helping us here. I am wondering if the interior trim must be Brushed Aluminum or can it be like leather? My SA is not sure and I picked leather for my build.

Secondly, I know the 000 is about eliminating all the racetex. I added the following option, which will add leather to the door trim, mirror and door end trim, but it will also add race-tex to the lower section of the front door trim. Would that piece be changed to leather as well? or will they add race-tex to that portion as per the discription.

Thank you,

Old 08-31-2022, 09:28 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by Dorian C
Thank you for helping us here. I am wondering if the interior trim must be Brushed Aluminum or can it be like leather? My SA is not sure and I picked leather for my build.

Secondly, I know the 000 is about eliminating all the racetex. I added the following option, which will add leather to the door trim, mirror and door end trim, but it will also add race-tex to the lower section of the front door trim. Would that piece be changed to leather as well? or will they add race-tex to that portion as per the discription.

Thank you,

Sure thing, and thank you for your interest!

Best path is to have your dealer request an Exclusive Consultation with PCNA (if you're in North America) or Exclusive in Germany if you're abroad. Or he or she can simply submit the order and any items that conflict with the package's aesthetic or philosophy will likely either be flagged or prompt a consultation between Exclusive and 000. Some deviations have been allowed, such as additional leather options or different headlights due to supply chain issues.

The black brushed aluminum door trim to match the dash trim is actually one of the trickier elements from a feasibility standpoint, but Exclusive found a solution — so I tend to view it as one of the more interesting elements, but I am too close to it and I understand liking what one likes! I am not sure about the RaceTex detail on the door, but suspect Exclusive can confirm one way or the other. I'd be a little surprised if the panels came out with RaceTex given the starting point of the discussion that led to the offering, but let's see!
Old 09-13-2022, 08:47 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 609 Posts

Curious how many 000 Package owners are here on RL (and what colors!), and would any of you be interested in a meet-up or drive?

Do feel free to post here or PM as you wish. We may reach out via email to those who inquired through 000…
K-Nut (09-14-2022)
Old 09-14-2022, 07:44 AM
K-Nut
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 200 Likes on 91 Posts

Okay, some updates & thoughts a year~ after the 000 Package was announced…

First, I want to be clear that 000's contribution was limited to "editing" visual elements and equipment to create the 000 Package, then working with the Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur teams in Zuffenhausen and Atlanta to turn an idea into a reality. That project ended up being fun, and our hats are off to them for finding solutions that allowed worldwide availability. We never expected that, and seeing cars with the 000 Package delivered in distant lands is exhilarating. I should probably also note that 000 doesn't make a dime from these cars. Back in 2020, we were more curious to see where the road went and didn't know if the result would get a green light. Or if anyone would actually order one.

Fortunately, the road turned into its own reward, and one of the most interesting experiences I've had in 25 years spent studying Porsche full time — up there, in its own way, with driving a Carrera GT or a 917K. Why? It offered an eye into just how tricky building even a small number of cars can be. Or, perhaps more accurately, a tiny peek. Upshot: It isn't (anywhere near) easy. As the scope became clear, the Exclusive team in Zuffenhausen asked how many orders 000 hoped to see. "Five," we said, not so confidently (we would've been thrilled with two, or even one!). Last time I checked in, the number was ~4x our stated goal. How many will be built when all is said and done with the current 718? Who knows, but I suspect the 000 Package will be quite rare.

It has also been interesting to see how customers spec’d the cars. Several went further with options than I might have, but that's what options are all about. And some of their builds, along with larger trends and other cars introduced in the meantime, have me thinking about these cars differently than I did in 2020. I view the 718 Spyder — as in, every 718 Spyder — as an even better value now than I did during the long drive to Pikes Peak that planted the seed for this project. And that’s saying something, as I viewed it as one of Porsche’s most compelling models at the time. Somewhere in Utah, I realized I could easily keep driving all the way to Nebraska. Now add the handling, 4.0-liter flat six, shifter, brakes, great looks, everyday usability, twin trunks, etc etc. If I wanted to get down to one Porsche, I thought, the 718 Spyder would be high on a very short list. But there's something else that wasn't so clear back then…

While "this is the last Porsche with ____________" tends to be overblown in my view, more and more signals suggest we really are nearing the end of mid-engined, gasoline-fueled Porsche roadsters for the masses, and I just happen to prefer manual gearboxes in street cars to boot. So, as we appear to be barreling toward the end of a fabulous epoch, the 000 Package adds a curious footnote to a story that goes back to 1996. Or 1993. Or 1953. And I like curious footnotes.

My thanks to those here who ordered one. You're welcome over for lunch, anytime…
First time I look at 000 package, I wanted one !!!! At that moment I was driving GT Silver Spyder with red interior. Later trade it in for upcoming GT4RS . Last week stop at my dealer, we talk about how much I missed Spyder and he say he got 000 coming , and if I know about it and if I want it ? I took it within splits second 😂. Basically Exchanche GT4RS to 000. Brewster green , 18 way (sad about loosing buckets , but got GT3) manual, some additional leather . So exited about this car.
I think 000 will go down in history as most beautiful Porsche made.
just want to say thank you for creating this beauty, will post pic when get it
stout (09-15-2022)
Old 09-14-2022, 07:59 AM
K-Nut
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 200 Likes on 91 Posts

000 package owners , anyone would like to exchange seats ? I have 18way and want buckets. My allocation locked .
Old 09-14-2022, 08:59 AM
Dorian C
Rennlist Member

I have a Brewster coming with buckets and some cxx options. Never had a convertible. Would love to use it for cruising and leave the 992gt3 just for the track. It is a bit big for twisty road. I am quite fortunate and grateful as I am also offered a 4rs. It was quite unexpected. That said, the 000 is more likely to be the forever car of the three. I only wish LED is available. Again 1st world problem. Thanks for checking in Stout. Also, My 992 was at rareshades 6 this year. Not sure if you were there. Great event
The following 2 users liked this post by Dorian C:
K-Nut (09-14-2022), stout (09-15-2022)
Old 09-14-2022, 11:11 AM
cbrett
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 76 Posts

Curious how many 000 Package owners are here on RL (and what colors!), and would any of you be interested in a meet-up or drive?

Do feel free to post here or PM as you wish. We may reach out via email to those who inquired through 000…
Pete, are you finding that "any" 718 Spyder allocation can get the 000 package? I know the PTS part may be tough on some builds, but even if a PTS allocation is not available, should a GT silver car and 000 package be pretty doable on any allocation? Thanks!
Old 09-14-2022, 11:53 AM
rubber_ducky
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 78 Posts

I would kill to have this interior in my GT4!
Who wants to swap interiors?!?!
Old 09-14-2022, 12:00 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,460 Likes on 779 Posts

Originally Posted by rubber_ducky
I hope you don’t really think that someone who spent 20k+ extra for a 000 Spyder interior and will completely destroy their cars value will swap interiors with you?

Maybe if you offer 20-30k on top of your black leather interior.
Old 09-14-2022, 12:28 PM
rubber_ducky
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by cooler2442
I hope you don’t really think that someone who spent 20k+ extra for a 000 Spyder interior and will completely destroy their cars value will swap interiors with you?

Maybe if you offer 20-30k on top of your black leather interior.
I should have added an emoji of some kind to my initial post... No part of me thinks that somebody would purchase a 0000 edition spyder only to part with the bits that are unique to the 0000 edition “package”.

p.s. I also wouldn’t kill somebody to get this beautiful interior. It was just an expression and wasn’t intended to be a threat.

Last edited by rubber_ducky; 09-14-2022 at 12:31 PM.
stout (09-15-2022)
Old 09-14-2022, 05:09 PM
Dorian C
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rubber_ducky
Easier to trade yours to the dealer and get a new one.

Quick Reply: Special Edition 718 Spyder - 000 Edition