Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Special Edition 718 Spyder - 000 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2022, 04:24 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Ascot is indeed high grain, and is not a standard leather (has to be ordered in). Its very high texture was a big part of why we selected it, besides its wonderful color and obvious association with the CGT.
I'm aware that Ascot is special order leather color. I thought the main diff between 'Natural' and 'Standard' Porsche leather was the former being smoother, softer, less grainy than the latter regardless of the color. Is Ascot described as 'Natural' leather by Porsche, same as Brown, Espresso, Cognac...?

Love Natural Brown, which was also a finalist for this package…one of Porsche's nicest leather for interiors, full stop.
I agree, but I'm also biased.
Old 12-03-2022, 09:01 PM
cbrett
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 76 Posts

Anyone have any updated pics of these 000 cars?
Old 12-04-2022, 12:05 AM
K-Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 219 Likes on 100 Posts

I will in March , when my coming 🤦‍♂️
Old 12-04-2022, 12:37 AM
cbrett
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by K-Nut
I will in March , when my coming 🤦‍♂️
Nice! Which exterior color did you go with?
Old 12-08-2022, 02:50 AM
Andover Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow that interior is GORGEOUS! Congrats ... enjoy the ride.
Old 12-08-2022, 07:39 AM
K-Nut
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cbrett
Nice! Which exterior color did you go with?
Brewster green
Old 01-13-2023, 02:51 AM
brock256
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
https://www.porschelittleton.com/new...6ae6db6609.htm

Wish it had PCCBs and Buckets... shame it has Sofas with no heated seats! Talk about a miss. Clearly a customer cancellation.
I forgot to come back and post about it, but I actually stopped by the dealership while I was in Denver last fall, to check out this car and photograph it (...rather badly ). GT Silver is definitely a good look with the 000 interior!

I absolutely love the detail of the uncluttered steering wheel with the black brushed aluminum inlays. I suspect that was probably one of the toughest things they had to work out for this package, but it's definitely worth the effort.

I believe the 12 o'clock marker in ascot brown was an additional CXX option of this build that is not part of the standard 000 package; I still haven't decided how I feel about that particular detail -- I like the contrast in color, but not so much the contrast in grain.

Last edited by brock256; 01-13-2023 at 03:08 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by brock256:
drgav2005 (01-13-2023), stout (01-14-2023), UncleDude (01-13-2023)
Old 01-13-2023, 07:35 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,032 Likes on 553 Posts

Originally Posted by Hex
Here are a couple of pictures from Sunday morning.

Originally Posted by brock256
I forgot to come back and post about it, but I actually stopped by the dealership while I was in Denver last fall, to check out this car and photograph it (...rather badly ). GT Silver is definitely a good look with the 000 interior!

I absolutely love the detail of the uncluttered steering wheel with the black brushed aluminum inlays. I suspect that was probably one of the toughest things they had to work out for this package, but it's definitely worth the effort.

I believe the 12 o'clock marker in ascot brown was an additional CXX option of this build that is not part of the standard 000 package; I still haven't decided how I feel about that particular detail -- I like the contrast in color, but not so much the contrast in grain.

I wonder if a dark brown top will make the 000 look even better. To match the ascot.

Kind of like the red top with the classic interior.
Old 01-13-2023, 08:27 PM
K-Nut
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dyim
I wonder if a dark brown top will make the 000 look even better. To match the ascot.

I have 000 coming soon and before owned Spyder with classic red interior (black roof) . Put 8000mi on it drove with roof up 2 maybe 3 times 😂. I actually would prefer no roof at all .
The following 3 users liked this post by K-Nut:
brock256 (01-13-2023), stout (01-14-2023), UncleDude (01-13-2023)
Old 01-13-2023, 08:32 PM
bhoov14
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 000 confirmed

Locked in the final details today on my 000 build. I am planning Euro delivery in July. Quick question @stout , they stated today that there would be an additional LTS fee that is to be determined based on procuring the leather. Estimated at an additional 8-10k. Is this correct?
Old 01-14-2023, 03:05 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by Hex
Here are a couple of pictures from Sunday morning.

Very nice. Is the exterior color Aventurine Green and is the interior Ascot?
Old 01-14-2023, 04:32 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 611 Posts

Wow, the car looks great and confirms what I've long thought: GT Silver might be the sleeper setup with the 000 Package, and the color I'd order despite my longstanding personal affinity for Slate Gray as well as my more recent obsession with the color on my current modern Porsche: Brewster Green.

And, given the lack of PTS availability for the remainder of MY 2023, I suspect more GT Silver cars may be ordered.

In a bit of news: We responded to a 000 reader's request to substitute Gentian Blue for PTS Albert Blue by approving three new exterior color choices for MY 2023, which will remain available until PTS is again available:
  • Black (non-metallic)
  • Gentian Blue Metallic
  • Arctic Grey
We feel all should look great with Ascot Brown, and I can't wait to see the Gentian car just ordered—an unexpected twist on this project. I hope to see more GT Silver cars in the meantime—mine would have the buckets, much as I love heated seats…

Last edited by stout; 01-14-2023 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Everyone needs an editor…
The following users liked this post:
brock256 (01-14-2023)
Old 01-14-2023, 04:40 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by K-Nut
Brewster green
Congrats—sounds like you snuck in under the wire for PTS! Will be interesting to see if the 718 Spyder is again available with PTS…and I hope you enjoy owning Brewster as much as I have!

Thank you for sharing these images!

Originally Posted by Dyim

We looked at that but discarded the idea very early on in the discussion…iirc for reasons of feasibility as well as cost. But we certainly wouldn't stand in the way of a customer crazy enough to fund a TTS (top to sample) under Sonderwunsch. There was at least one 1989 Speedster done in Forest Green Metallic with a dark brown top and the car is an all-time stunner in my book. Have only ever seen 1-2 pics of it, but the car was unbelievably good looking to this lover of fast German cars in dark green (not just Porsches, but Alpinas, AMGs, and Audis too).

Originally Posted by bhoov14
Locked in the final details today on my 000 build. I am planning Euro delivery in July. Quick question @stout , they stated today that there would be an additional LTS fee that is to be determined based on procuring the leather. Estimated at an additional 8-10k. Is this correct?
News to me, but we have a catchup call with Exclusive scheduled and I'll ask about it.

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Very nice. Is the exterior color Aventurine Green and is the interior Ascot?
That one is PTS Slate Grey, the darker of the two PTS Slate Greys offered. We chose to unlock Arctic Grey for 2023 cars partly based on the lighter of the two PTS Slate Greys, and it will be interesting to see it against Ascot Brown in the event someone orders a car that way.
Old 01-14-2023, 08:12 PM
brock256
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
In a bit of news: We responded to a 000 reader's request to substitute Gentian Blue for PTS Albert Blue by approving three new exterior color choices for MY 2023, which will remain available until PTS is again available:
  • Black (non-metallic)
  • Gentian Blue Metallic
  • Arctic Grey
We feel all should look great with Ascot Brown, and I can't wait to see the Gentian car just ordered—an unexpected twist on this project. I hope to see more GT Silver cars in the meantime—mine would have the buckets, much as I love heated seats…
Interesting! I'm still holding out hope for an allocation (my dealer is confident they will be getting one for me, even though word around here is that Spyder allocations are done), and given the PTS situation, I was wondering whether I'd have to choose between the GT Silver (which looks great, but isn't my color) with the 000 package, vs another color (probably Gentian Blue or Python Green) and trying to make my own way with CXX. With Gentian unlocked for 000, I guess that solves that (unless I decide I really want Python + Cohiba or something!)
Old 01-19-2023, 08:15 PM
bhoov14
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

I am finalizing the build tomorrow, what’s the feeling on PCCB’s? Personally, given how good the steelies are, I personally I don’t feel they are necessary. I did add Burmeister, Sport Buckets, ascot leather shifter/boot, light design package, LED’s, leather steering column, and leather Sun visors. Debating whether to remove Burmeister for Bose and add PCCB’s, or just add the and know the price of this build is what it is. Excited as it’s likely this car will be amongst the last 000 cars, and certainly amongst the last PTS Spyders. Thoughts?

Last edited by bhoov14; 01-19-2023 at 08:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Special Edition 718 Spyder - 000 Edition