Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2024, 04:07 PM
JeffSaysThings
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Like many of you, I have a CGTS that’s been waiting in Emden. As of yesterday though, it appears to have left port. Anyone else gotten that update?

After sleuthing on vesselfinder.com, my guess is that it’s on the Wolfsburg, as that’s the only vehicle carrier that left yesterday. It’s kind of interesting that it’s taking a completely different path than what’s shown on TYD, and appears to be stopping in Baltimore before going, eventually, to Houston.

Last edited by JeffSaysThings; 06-16-2024 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-17-2024, 01:40 AM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,335 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffSaysThings
Like many of you, I have a CGTS that’s been waiting in Emden. As of yesterday though, it appears to have left port. Anyone else gotten that update?

After sleuthing on vesselfinder.com, my guess is that it’s on the Wolfsburg, as that’s the only vehicle carrier that left yesterday. It’s kind of interesting that it’s taking a completely different path than what’s shown on TYD, and appears to be stopping in Baltimore before going, eventually, to Houston.
when did your car arrive at Emden? Mine has been there since 6/3 and the tracker is still showing the car at the port. Where does your car get delivered to? Mine has to come to the west coast so if you are on the east coast then we probably arent on the same ship
Old 06-18-2024, 02:15 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Kinda miss the days when this thread was always the top of the forums due to how many people were tracking and waiting for their cars. Truly the end of an era.

My car is still sitting at the Port of Emden. I'm making the assumption that it wont be on a boat until sometime next week which will then set me up for roughly a late July early August delivery. Was really hoping for an early delivery but oh well.
Old 06-18-2024, 02:46 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 761 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
Truly the end of an era
Not really...
Every era eventually comes to an end, and that's especially true in the world of Porsche. Every purchaser in that era feels like their era is ending, when many times that's not the case.
Remember when everyone thought it is the end of the Cayman\Boxster as we loved them with the turbocharged engines? Just for an NA to later be introduced again. Or the manual in the 991, etc. etc.

Will see what happens, but bottom line is I dont believe Porsche will kill the ICE as long as there is demand. China and the US alone can justify the manufacturing.
Old 06-18-2024, 02:56 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by Lucifer
Not really...
Every era eventually comes to an end, and that's especially true in the world of Porsche. Every purchaser in that era feels like their era is ending, when many times that's not the case.
Remember when everyone thought it is the end of the Cayman\Boxster as we loved them with the turbocharged engines? Just for an NA to later be introduced again. Or the manual in the 991, etc. etc.

Will see what happens, but bottom line is I dont believe Porsche will kill the ICE as long as there is demand. China and the US alone can justify the manufacturing.
I think thats fair. If the EV platform does really poorly i can see them bringing back an ICE engine. Hell maybe we even get a more eco focused version of the hybrid system which wouldnt be a bad thing at all. Imagine a 400 hp flat 6 hybrid in a light mid-engine configuration that ALSO gets 40mpg? Sign me up.

My "end of an era" quote was pretty dramatic of me though not going to lie haha. I really just meant more we can see the end of this current generation due to the lack of allocations coming through even compared to 2 years ago and we thought they were scarce then.
Old 06-18-2024, 02:56 PM
s182
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

My BGTS which arrived to port on the 7th updated to now show its left port. Im in pacific NW so not sure which boat I’m on or what this means to my original ETA of 7/27.
Old 06-18-2024, 02:57 PM
Phillip Berk
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 104 Posts

My car arrived at the port on the 12th, still hasn’t left yet- ahhh just want it to be here already! I’ve already bought all the mods I want for it’s first stage 🤣, and now they are just looking at me taunting me
Old 06-18-2024, 03:17 PM
s182
Instructor

Originally Posted by Phillip Berk
My car arrived at the port on the 12th, still hasn’t left yet- ahhh just want it to be here already! I’ve already bought all the mods I want for it’s first stage 🤣, and now they are just looking at me taunting me
Well now you have to share the mods list (or link to an existing post where you already shared them). I haven’t bought any yet. I want to get the GT4 PDK shifter but want to get it with carmine red stitching to match rest of my interior. Also still deciding on which grill guards to get.
Old 06-18-2024, 03:44 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by s182
My BGTS which arrived to port on the 7th updated to now show its left port. Im in pacific NW so not sure which boat I’m on or what this means to my original ETA of 7/27.
oh wow. Do you happen to know what boat it's on? I'm wondering if it makes a stop in California Benicia Port. If it does there might be a chance that my car is on the same ship. However TYD has not updated for me yet and is still showing the car sitting at Emden. I'm really hoping that it's on a ship and not actually just sitting at the port. Its been there since 6/3.
Old 06-18-2024, 05:02 PM
s182
Instructor

oh wow. Do you happen to know what boat it's on? I'm wondering if it makes a stop in California Benicia Port. If it does there might be a chance that my car is on the same ship. However TYD has not updated for me yet and is still showing the car sitting at Emden. I'm really hoping that it's on a ship and not actually just sitting at the port. Its been there since 6/3.
sorry, I have no idea how to find out which ship it’s on. Just see update of “Your vehicle has left the German Port” dated 6/17 and this location

Hope yours is on as well and just a data lag issue.

Last edited by s182; 06-18-2024 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-18-2024, 06:21 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Unfortunetly was unable to see which ship your car is on. vessel finder.com only allows up to 20 ships in the list unless you pay for a premium subscription which i wasnt about to do. There are 2 vehicle carrier ships currently in Port, the SFL Composer and the Neptune Hellas. I THINK the SFL Composer makes west coast deliveries so its possible thats the ship i'm getting on assuming there isnt a data lag and i'm on the same ship that you are on.
Old 06-18-2024, 06:32 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 761 Likes on 350 Posts

I think thats fair. If the EV platform does really poorly i can see them bringing back an ICE engine. Hell maybe we even get a more eco focused version of the hybrid system which wouldnt be a bad thing at all. Imagine a 400 hp flat 6 hybrid in a light mid-engine configuration that ALSO gets 40mpg? Sign me up.

My "end of an era" quote was pretty dramatic of me though not going to lie haha. I really just meant more we can see the end of this current generation due to the lack of allocations coming through even compared to 2 years ago and we thought they were scarce then.
After replying to you I gave it some more thought - the Boxster EV is in final stages, there are photos of it without camo including the interior, and even a few weight quotes (3650 at the moment), so in a way, it might actually be the end for ICE "budget" Porsche, who knows. You actually baited me into thinking of getting back into a Porsche haha. Since I sold my Spyder and bought the MX-5 I was missing the "thrill" of owning a Porsche. I hate it, but the fact is, the MX-5, as good as it is, just doesn't feel special.
I don't regret selling the Spyder, as I had probably the worst "buying experience" in the history of Porsche (something you can probably relate to) - but I do find myself toying with getting a BGTS, especially with how easy it is to get an MSRP allocation at the moment.
Old 06-18-2024, 06:54 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by Lucifer
After replying to you I gave it some more thought - the Boxster EV is in final stages, there are photos of it without camo including the interior, and even a few weight quotes (3650 at the moment), so in a way, it might actually be the end for ICE "budget" Porsche, who knows. You actually baited me into thinking of getting back into a Porsche haha. Since I sold my Spyder and bought the MX-5 I was missing the "thrill" of owning a Porsche. I hate it, but the fact is, the MX-5, as good as it is, just doesn't feel special.
I don't regret selling the Spyder, as I had probably the worst "buying experience" in the history of Porsche (something you can probably relate to) - but I do find myself toying with getting a BGTS, especially with how easy it is to get an MSRP allocation at the moment.
wow 3650 is actually super light for an EV. Granted i think the size helps keep the weight down, but even the new M2 is closer to 3800 lbs. That in itself is making me more interested than i thought i would be.

Haha i didnt mean to! But the Porsche does feel really special. Which is why i've been so excited for my new one. The only other car that has felt as special to me was my S2000, but the issue is that it's a 20 year old car at this point and it feels like one. Like you i dont regret having Porsche buyback the GT4. It was bittersweet but i'm glad it ended the way it did. Hoping this Boxster is going to offer the ownership experience that i missed with the GT4. Although these new estimated delivery dates arent helping!! LOL
Old 06-18-2024, 07:54 PM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 849 Likes on 433 Posts

Well, the boat made it two days quicker than it was supposed to, car was in and out of the port in two days and at the dealer on Thursday. Picked up Saturday. So different than my 992 - so so different. Loving so many things and frustrated by a bunch too. Still, I really enjoy driving this car!

The following 6 users liked this post by doug_999:
Angus725 (06-19-2024), ChattStringer (06-20-2024), Mike981S (06-19-2024), ScottRich (06-19-2024), yellolab (06-18-2024), Zakato70 (06-19-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-18-2024, 08:21 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

absolutely gorgeous car. I LOVE how you went with the interior trim painted in the exterior color. I personally feel like it really elevates the interior of the car and makes it feel like an event every time you sit inside. My wife really wants a 911 with the chalk interior with shark blue painted interior in her 911.

I'm curious what are some things you arent enjoying about the car?

Is that the Burmester Sound System? It almost looks like they paint matched the grill to match the interior?

Last edited by Xxyion; 06-18-2024 at 08:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Angus725 (06-19-2024)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...