Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2024, 09:04 PM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 849 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
absolutely gorgeous car. I LOVE how you went with the interior trim painted in the exterior color. I personally feel like it really elevates the interior of the car and makes it feel like an event every time you sit inside. My wife really wants a 911 with the chalk interior with shark blue painted interior in her 911.
Thank you!
I have the deviated seats in my 992 - love them - wish the color combo was available in the 718 - I might have done that!

I was set and configured with the dark brushed aluminum trim until about three days before my car locked - and personally, I think I would have liked it just as much as the painted trim. I do love how the painted trim brings the exterior into the interior - but I will forever wonder what the dark brushed aluminum trim would have looked like with this interior.

I'm curious what are some things you arent enjoying about the car?
Well, before I go throwing stones....
I LOVE
The exhaust sound
The mid engine - how it just rotates around corners
The size
The shifter
The steering wheel
The painted rollbars (hoops) - everyone has complimented on that.

I DO NOT LOVE
The start switch - it is hidden - I realize I'm being silly here, but in my 992, it is where the headlights are on this car - so you have to blindly reach for it.
The Tech - this car feels older than my 1M in terms of technology.

I SIMPLY HATE
The parking brake - Push to engage? WTF. I need to remember to put the car in gear every time - cause who pushes to engage and pulls to disengage? No wonder Nick Murray had his car roll on him multiple times. YOU PULL UP ON A PARKING BRAKE!
The CarPlay - I get in and the damn FM is always playing - have to remember to plug my phone in every time. I still have not figured out how to make a call when the CarPlay is active.

Is that the Burmester Sound System? It almost looks like they paint matched the grill to match the interior?
Love me some Burmester - The most expensive average sounding stereo out there. But so so much better than Bose. Porsche Tax at its best. And very interesting about the trim!
To be fair, it does sound pretty good in the Boxster - no regrets.

Last edited by doug_999; 06-18-2024 at 09:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jfpell (06-19-2024)
Old 06-18-2024, 09:10 PM
yellolab
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by doug_999
Thank you!
I have the deviated seats in my 992 - love them - wish the color combo was available in the 718 - I might have done that!

I was set and configured with the dark brushed aluminum trim until about three days before my car locked - and personally, I think I would have liked it just as much as the painted trim. I do love how the painted trim brings the exterior into the interior - but I will forever wonder what the dark brushed aluminum trim would have looked like with this interior.

I LOVE
The exhaust sound
The size
The shifter
The steering wheel

I DO NOT LOVE
The start switch - it is hidden - I realize I'm being silly here, but in my 992, it is where the headlights are on this car - so you have to blindly reach for it.

I SIMPLY HATE
The parking brake - Push to engage? WTF. I need to remember to put the car in gear every time - cause who pushes to engage and pulls to disengage? No wonder Nick Murray had his car roll on him multiple times. YOU PULL UP ON A PARKING BRAKE!
The CarPlay - I get in and the damn FM is always playing - have to remember to plug my phone in every time. I still have not figured out how to make a call when the CarPlay is active.

Love me some Burmester - The most expensive average sounding stereo out there. But so so much better than Bose. Porsche Tax at its best. And very interesting about the trim!
I have one of the wireless CarPlay adapters from Amazon. It was <$100 and honestly works perfectly.

Last edited by yellolab; 06-18-2024 at 09:13 PM.
Old 06-18-2024, 09:11 PM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by yellolab
I have one of the wireless CarPlay adapters from Amazon. It was >$100 and honestly works oerfect.
I forgot about those! Need to order one!
yellolab (06-18-2024)
Old 06-18-2024, 09:36 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,344 Likes on 805 Posts

I SIMPLY HATE
I feel the opposite. I've always reached down to the left underneath the dash and pulled up on a lever to release the parking brake. Pushing to release feels counterintuitive to me.

Last edited by SpyderSenseOC; 06-18-2024 at 09:38 PM.
Stdenis25 (06-22-2024)
Old 06-18-2024, 10:20 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 761 Likes on 350 Posts

Thank you!

I LOVE
The exhaust sound
The size
The shifter
The steering wheel

I DO NOT LOVE

I SIMPLY HATE

Even after two months I didn't get use to the damn e-brake. Why Porsche. Why.
Same about the FM, I even asked in the PIWIS thread if this can be changed lol
doug_999 (06-18-2024)
Old 06-18-2024, 10:27 PM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
I feel the opposite. I've always reached down to the left underneath the dash and pulled up on a lever to release the parking brake. Pushing to release feels counterintuitive to me.
my guess is you never had a parking brake before .

Angus725 (06-19-2024)
Old 06-18-2024, 11:54 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,335 Likes on 756 Posts

my guess is you never had a parking brake before .
LOL i wonder if he was talking about the old parking brakes of the minivans of the 90s. I remember the one my family had growing up. It was an old Chevy and the parking brake was a 3rd pedal that you pushed to engage and then to release you pulled on a handle pretty much exactly where the e-brake is on the 718. Thats what it reminded me of when i had my GT4 and it was easy to remember since then.

The start switch is an interesting one that you mentioned as it is located to the right of the light switch. Is it different in the 992?

Glad to know the Burmester is treating you well. I ordered it as well for my Boxster and expect to be able to enjoy good sound even with a soft top so nice to hear it isnt dissapointing you in anyway.
Old 06-19-2024, 10:03 AM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

LOL i wonder if he was talking about the old parking brakes of the minivans of the 90s. I remember the one my family had growing up. It was an old Chevy and the parking brake was a 3rd pedal that you pushed to engage and then to release you pulled on a handle pretty much exactly where the e-brake is on the 718. Thats what it reminded me of when i had my GT4 and it was easy to remember since then.

The start switch is an interesting one that you mentioned as it is located to the right of the light switch. Is it different in the 992?

Glad to know the Burmester is treating you well. I ordered it as well for my Boxster and expect to be able to enjoy good sound even with a soft top so nice to hear it isnt dissapointing you in anyway.
I do remember those parking brakes - I just don't remember them on manual transmission cars

Start switch comparison pictures below, along with another thing I forgot to mention that I simply HATE. The cupholder symbol really looks tacky. I wonder if it is on all cars or just the ones with painted interior? I'm hoping my PPF/Ceramic guy can make it go away.

Find the start ****

Tacky

Old 06-19-2024, 10:37 AM
Jonathan_987
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
If you come from the Mercedes camp (no idea if this is still the case with the current models), then you naturally pull to release the parking brake.
Zakato70 (06-19-2024)
Old 06-19-2024, 11:34 AM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 413 Likes on 230 Posts

Never really thought about the cupholder emblem. Since I'm usually driving I'm not looking at it and quickly forget about it.
Mike981S (06-19-2024)
Old 06-19-2024, 02:06 PM
Phillip Berk
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 104 Posts

Well, the boat made it two days quicker than it was supposed to, car was in and out of the port in two days and at the dealer on Thursday. Picked up Saturday. So different than my 992 - so so different. Loving so many things and frustrated by a bunch too. Still, I really enjoy driving this car!

AHHHHHHH its like looking at my car- almost!
doug_999 (06-19-2024)
Old 06-19-2024, 08:31 PM
24VR604
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My CGTS got into Emden on 6/3 and left yesterday on the way Halifax for a delivery to the West Coast of Canada!. I was wondering if the information lagged from s182's ship, as we seem to be ending up in a similar area, but my boat is going North around the UK instead of South.
Old 06-19-2024, 08:50 PM
s182
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 24VR604
My CGTS got into Emden on 6/3 and left yesterday on the way Halifax for a delivery to the West Coast of Canada!. I was wondering if the information lagged from s182's ship, as we seem to be ending up in a similar area, but my boat is going North around the UK instead of South.
Suspect they're different, here is latest path view I see for mine:

Old 06-19-2024, 09:41 PM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by s182
Suspect they're different, here is latest path view I see for mine:
TYD doesn’t track the boat correctly . You have to look up the ship on one of the websites. They had my car in the middle of the Atlantic when it got to port.
Old 06-19-2024, 11:38 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,335 Likes on 756 Posts

I hope to god i got on the same ship as you guys or something. TYD still says my car is at Emden so i'm just hoping its a data lag.

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...