Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2022, 05:18 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,265 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent
I'm surprised you didn't switch from TYD to one of the maritime apps/sites to check ship position.
haha the best ive been doing is just googling its location, but they only get updates when the ship is close enough to the coast so ive been happy with knowing that its just on its way here. Their site does say it lands in Benicia on the 3rd, whereas TYD says port entry on the 9th so seeing it ahead of schedule is nice to see. However im scheduled for pickup in Jan so doesn't matter if the car is here or not.
Old 11-28-2022, 10:17 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Received 828 Likes on 442 Posts

After almost 2 weeks and several calls to Porsche customer care, I finally received my TYD email and can see it now in the MyPorsche app.
Was pretty cool to get the email!
The following 2 users liked this post by MrFunk:
dub (11-29-2022), TXRubicon (11-28-2022)
Old 11-29-2022, 10:50 AM
dub
Racer

Received 307 Likes on 136 Posts

Confirmed with my SA yesterday that my TYD dates are valid. Originally a Feb build March delivery (ED), now Dec 23 production with 1/13 completion. He said they warehouse at the factory until my spring ED?

Thats going to be a crap ton of looking at my completed factory pics while waiting for ED!👀🤣
Old 11-29-2022, 11:50 AM
BeerMonkey
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
haha the best ive been doing is just googling its location, but they only get updates when the ship is close enough to the coast so ive been happy with knowing that its just on its way here. Their site does say it lands in Benicia on the 3rd, whereas TYD says port entry on the 9th so seeing it ahead of schedule is nice to see. However im scheduled for pickup in Jan so doesn't matter if the car is here or not.
Let's just hope we both stay on schedule for that PEC delivery. Mine has been sitting in port now since the 20th with no movement. Here's to hoping that my Bose system isn't what is holding me back. I don't want the sit in port for 3 months type of nightmare.
Old 11-29-2022, 12:07 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by BeerMonkey
Let's just hope we both stay on schedule for that PEC delivery. Mine has been sitting in port now since the 20th with no movement. Here's to hoping that my Bose system isn't what is holding me back. I don't want the sit in port for 3 months type of nightmare.
Your car is still at Emden?! That's really surprising considering the Jan scheduled PEC date. But I'm also surprised they reached out to you while your car was still waiting to be on a ship. They didn't reach out to me until my car was well into the Atlantic. Crossing my fingers for you that your car leaves port soon.
Old 11-29-2022, 12:29 PM
BeerMonkey
Advanced

Your car is still at Emden?! That's really surprising considering the Jan scheduled PEC date. But I'm also surprised they reached out to you while your car was still waiting to be on a ship. They didn't reach out to me until my car was well into the Atlantic. Crossing my fingers for you that your car leaves port soon.
Oops. I guess I should have clarified. My car is in the US. I am sitting in the port of Houston, and have been now for 9 days. Seems that other people that arrived on my ship already have their cars. Not sure what the holdup is with mine. Hoping it isn't damaged.
Old 11-29-2022, 12:34 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Oops. I guess I should have clarified. My car is in the US. I am sitting in the port of Houston, and have been now for 9 days. Seems that other people that arrived on my ship already have their cars. Not sure what the holdup is with mine. Hoping it isn't damaged.
Ooooh ok whew. I'd guess that the reason yours hasn't moved yet is due to the fact that it has to travel a longer distance? Knowing how supply chain kinda works, generally I know most companies won't just transport 1 or even just a few items, they want to do it in bulk to save money, so maybe its waiting for a few more cars (could be VW and Audi) that need to make their way to LA.

It does seem strange that neither of our cars were delivered to the San Diego port which one would make the assumption have most of their cars needing to be in LA but hey whatever. I wouldn't worry tooooo much though. We still have about a month and a half till our delivery days and transport from Houston to LA should only be about 2-3 days, if even. When I bought my M2 Competition it was from a dealership in Illinois, and it took only 3 days for the car to get here via transport.
Old 11-29-2022, 12:39 PM
BeerMonkey
Advanced

Ooooh ok whew. I'd guess that the reason yours hasn't moved yet is due to the fact that it has to travel a longer distance? Knowing how supply chain kinda works, generally I know most companies won't just transport 1 or even just a few items, they want to do it in bulk to save money, so maybe its waiting for a few more cars (could be VW and Audi) that need to make their way to LA.

It does seem strange that neither of our cars were delivered to the San Diego port which one would make the assumption have most of their cars needing to be in LA but hey whatever. I wouldn't worry tooooo much though. We still have about a month and a half till our delivery days and transport from Houston to LA should only be about 2-3 days, if even. When I bought my M2 Competition it was from a dealership in Illinois, and it took only 3 days for the car to get here via transport.
Hoping you're right on all of that. I am confirmed for the 6th at PEC. I'm taking my dad with me because he has never had an experience like this in his life. I figure I'll let him have half of the track time so he gets to experience everything that I do. Not sure if you have the same anxiety I do about it, but I have been losing sleep over wondering if they got everything on the car right. The headlight washers look black in the picture I got, and my spec was color matched. That started the panic of wondering if they did the speed blue extended stitching done, and other options. Not sure what I'd do if I showed up and the car was wrong. From the pic all I can tell is that they got the color of the car right.
Old 11-29-2022, 12:48 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Hoping you're right on all of that. I am confirmed for the 6th at PEC. I'm taking my dad with me because he has never had an experience like this in his life. I figure I'll let him have half of the track time so he gets to experience everything that I do. Not sure if you have the same anxiety I do about it, but I have been losing sleep over wondering if they got everything on the car right. The headlight washers look black in the picture I got, and my spec was color matched. That started the panic of wondering if they did the speed blue extended stitching done, and other options. Not sure what I'd do if I showed up and the car was wrong. From the pic all I can tell is that they got the color of the car right.
Oh wow, no I haven't experienced any anxiety like that. So far based on the production pics, everything seems to be in order. Hopefully it was just a trick of the light and they got everything the way you wanted. I'm sure there is some compensation that would happen if they somehow got the car wrong. However I don't think I've read anywhere that anyone has ever received a car that's been missing the options that they specced (unless there was a stop order).

That's awesome you are taking your dad. My girlfriend is coming with me for mine and I'm splitting the track time with her as well. 90 minutes honestly seems like such a long time and I know the entire time I'll just been wanting it to be my car. Plus this will hopefully give my girlfriend the push she needs to start joining me with her GR86 on track days.
Old 11-29-2022, 12:54 PM
BeerMonkey
Advanced

Oh wow, no I haven't experienced any anxiety like that. So far based on the production pics, everything seems to be in order. Hopefully it was just a trick of the light and they got everything the way you wanted. I'm sure there is some compensation that would happen if they somehow got the car wrong. However I don't think I've read anywhere that anyone has ever received a car that's been missing the options that they specced (unless there was a stop order).

That's awesome you are taking your dad. My girlfriend is coming with me for mine and I'm splitting the track time with her as well. 90 minutes honestly seems like such a long time and I know the entire time I'll just been wanting it to be my car. Plus this will hopefully give my girlfriend the push she needs to start joining me with her GR86 on track days.
My wife can't take the day off, plus with her being Italian/Brazilian I think she'd scare the PEC instructors to the point they'd quit. She'd join me on the track without any prompting. I'm just not sure I could afford it. I'm actually not sure I can afford to pay for the tickets she'd get if I turned her loose with the Spyder. I think her Lexus suits her just fine.
The following 2 users liked this post by BeerMonkey:
manifold danger (12-04-2022), Xxyion (11-29-2022)
Old 11-29-2022, 05:19 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Received 828 Likes on 442 Posts

I'm sure your car will get a full inspection before it's cleared - I'm sure each option is checked off and if the washer nozzles were missed that would be an easy thing to rectify. I'm sure it will be perfect for you.
Old 11-29-2022, 05:41 PM
SW6
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

One picture appeared in TYD just now. Hope to see the others soon, but since it was 'in production' for 10 weeks, I'm not holding my breath...
The following users liked this post:
Rich M (12-01-2022)
Old 11-29-2022, 05:49 PM
BeerMonkey
Advanced

Originally Posted by SW6

One picture appeared in TYD just now. Hope to see the others soon, but since it was 'in production' for 10 weeks, I'm not holding my breath...
I'd imagine you'll get them. I didn't get my final two until my car was just a couple days away from being in the US.
Old 11-29-2022, 06:06 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

I'd imagine you'll get them. I didn't get my final two until my car was just a couple days away from being in the US.
yeah same, my final production pic appeared in the My Porsche app a few days after it was loaded onto a boat.
Old 11-29-2022, 06:17 PM
rottwagon
Track Day

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

Well another delay. Was again supposed to exit production this past Friday. TYD did not update until this morning which had me hopeful, however no such luck. Still in production since 9/19 with new completion date of 12/16. Delivery 1/20. SA let me know but has no more info than i see on TYD. Excited for all of you on boats and getting deliveries. Patience is beyond strained - excitement level still off the charts.

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...