Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2022, 12:14 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,265 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by rottwagon
Congrats!!! I do not dare to yet hope you could be correct about my build.
I originally had the same 10/28 delivery date as you. After a few delays it ended up saying 12/23 up until the day it was loaded on the ship and the delivery changed to 12/16. Crossing my fingers you hear some good new soon!
Old 11-08-2022, 12:28 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,338 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by Gorthaur
My SA (big dealer in Central Europe) told me last week that 50 of "his" cars are stuck waiting for components. My MY23 Spyder is one of them - almost completed.
The system notified him that my car was built on November 2nd but it later turned out that some parts were (are) still missing.
He hopes the car will be ready for delivery in 3-4 weeks.
The whole process has been so underwhelming I'm embarrassed.
Never thought that buying such a nice car from Porsche would have been the nightmare it has. Awful experience.
Luckily I'm confident the car will more than make up for this poor experience.

Sorry about your experience. But does any of us really have a legitimate right to expect normalcy in any aspect of life right now? Hard to even promise that the sun will rise tomorrow. Porsche should probably suspend the TYD program right now. It's a luxury. You'll get your car.
The following users liked this post:
siktor (11-08-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 12:44 PM
Gorthaur
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 30 Posts

I didn't force my SA to guarantee a September delivery. He did. It's his job, not mine. If I tell a client that he's going to receive a draft from my law firm within September and I don't deliver, it's my fault and my responsbility. He could (should) have told me that he could not guarantee I would have had the car in September. He did. Had he told me I would have gotten the car in January, I would have given it a thought. In business a person's word should count. Sorry for my English, I'm no native speaker.
Old 11-08-2022, 12:51 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

I didn't force my SA to guarantee a September delivery. He did. It's his job, not mine. If I tell a client that he's going to receive a draft from my law firm within September and I don't deliver, it's my fault and my responsbility. He could (should) have told me that he could not guarantee I would have had the car in September. He did. Had he told me I would have gotten the car in January, I would have given it a thought. In business a person's word should count. Sorry for my English, I'm no native speaker.
Not quite the same. In the US legal world we have a phrase called "justifiable reliance" that seems appropriate here. Had you poked around the WWW a little you would have quickly learned that SA's are just salesman, their predictions and promises are barely more than puffery, and they have ZERO control over product production. And are often wrong. As opposed to your promises and your control over employees in your law office. I'm not trying to bag on you. I just think you're ignoring current conditions when you take your SA's jibber jabber as gospel. This thread alone should have told you more than your SA ever could about what's going on right now.

Last edited by SpyderSenseOC; 11-08-2022 at 12:52 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by SpyderSenseOC:
absame (11-08-2022), Prime (11-08-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 12:51 PM
absame
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Any “guarantee” on a delivery date from a SA on any brand is just part of the sales pitch. It is completely out of their control.
The following 2 users liked this post by absame:
DreiPedals (11-08-2022), SpyderSenseOC (11-08-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 01:05 PM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 915 Likes on 365 Posts

He was operating based on the information he was given. Porsche changed their timelines over and over and over again this year. Nothing any SA could do about that. I think your expectations here are a bit unreasonable, and that's coming from someone who had their car delayed 5 full months this year.

DreiPedals (11-08-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 03:58 PM
Jay9722
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

I got lucky with my SA. Once my build locked and he had my 10% deposit he could’ve just sat back and ignored me until the actual delivery date arrived. But he was great. We texted frequently, he called with updates, talked me through last minute build changes and always explained whatever Porsche was about to do to mess up my delivery date. He even went in on his day off this week to help take my car off the truck and snap pre PDI and post PDI pics for me. I have purchased many cars over the years from many different brands and Porsche always stands out as the best in every area.
Old 11-08-2022, 04:39 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jay9722
I got lucky with my SA. Once my build locked and he had my 10% deposit he could’ve just sat back and ignored me until the actual delivery date arrived. But he was great. We texted frequently, he called with updates, talked me through last minute build changes and always explained whatever Porsche was about to do to mess up my delivery date. He even went in on his day off this week to help take my car off the truck and snap pre PDI and post PDI pics for me. I have purchased many cars over the years from many different brands and Porsche always stands out as the best in every area.
SA like that are rare and I always feel like there needs to be more people like them. Mine unfortunately is pretty radio silent unless I reach out via email. Luckily my tracking in TYD has been decent but other than that I have no idea what's going on.
Old 11-08-2022, 05:55 PM
patdonahue
Pro

Received 402 Likes on 186 Posts

Out of the waiting room and into my driveway with the first 100 miles on it.
Fellow waiting roomers, I got the car home today after picking it up from PPF install. Wishing all here happy driving miles and quick delivery of your cars!
Best wishes and safe drives to all!
Pat D.
Aventurine Green with a Brown top and Agate Gray interior

The following 7 users liked this post by patdonahue:
Cali1158 (11-08-2022), JBM718GTS (11-08-2022), MrFunk (11-08-2022), Rich M (11-09-2022), siktor (11-08-2022), TripleL (11-11-2022), TXRubicon (11-08-2022) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-08-2022, 05:57 PM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 915 Likes on 365 Posts

Congrats, @patdonahue !!
patdonahue (11-08-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 06:05 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Xxyion
SA like that are rare and I always feel like there needs to be more people like them. Mine unfortunately is pretty radio silent unless I reach out via email. Luckily my tracking in TYD has been decent but other than that I have no idea what's going on.
If any of them have a conscience they should be giving us an increased level of attention given the easy and massive money they're earning and have been earning for the past two or more years. Some of them were always good. Some...
Old 11-08-2022, 06:09 PM
Flyerno1
7th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

TYD status changed to 'ready to transport' on Nov 4th. (by passed CP 8.0 status). My Porsche production status were still stayed as 'scheduled for production' stage. I almost gave up on getting 'baby pictures'.

TYD status changed to 'arrival Emden port' as of yesterday morning. Then, around 4:30PM EST, just about to walk into restaurant with my wife for early dinner, this message popped up on iPhone.

Once I opened my Porsche app, there were the pics! I was able to download 2 of 'body shop' and 'before marriage' pics as high resolution from Porsche.com but that completed shot were only available through the mobile app...

As of this morning, TYD shows as 'arrived at Emden' on Nov 7. waiting for carrier. I was trying to find which ship it will be on but no clear info available
The following 2 users liked this post by Flyerno1:
JBM718GTS (11-08-2022), Rich M (11-09-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 06:14 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Ship name will show once its loaded on a. Vessel, you won't see anything till then. I'm jealous you have your final production pic. My car is on the ship and still nothing.
Flyerno1 (11-08-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 06:15 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flyerno1
TYD status changed to 'ready to transport' on Nov 4th. (by passed CP 8.0 status). My Porsche production status were still stayed as 'scheduled for production' stage. I almost gave up on getting 'baby pictures'.

TYD status changed to 'arrival Emden port' as of yesterday morning. Then, around 4:30PM EST, just about to walk into restaurant with my wife for early dinner, this message popped up on iPhone.

Once I opened my Porsche app, there were the pics! I was able to download 2 of 'body shop' and 'before marriage' pics as high resolution from Porsche.com but that completed shot were only available through the mobile app...

As of this morning, TYD shows as 'arrived at Emden' on Nov 7. waiting for carrier. I was trying to find which ship it will be on but no clear info available

Zanzibar?
Old 11-08-2022, 10:47 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 761 Likes on 350 Posts

What do you guys think of this build?

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPY9S2K6

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...