Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2022, 08:23 AM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,138 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by TXRubicon
Getting anxious going into this week. The build date is supposed to be confirmed on Thursday, and production start a week later on 9/2. It's been a LONG wait since my original V200 in January and 12 months already since my V070.
This is me too. I haven't had my allocation as long as I believe I "inherited it" from someone else. But I've been weirdly "scheduled for production" since June, a few days after my SA transferred the allocation to me... but my lock date was originally July 8th (that got pushed several times before landing on July 15th). So I'm still on phase 2, change freeze date reached... but again, got the scheduled for production email months ago. Production date is 9/2, delivery 9/30. My dealer is the closest to Baltimore so hopefully that helps with turnaround time... but anxious is an apt description.

Originally Posted by justbob
I have the worst SA ever. Its the commission number I was waiting on. He didn't explain anything to me. I'm moving on to another dealer.
Assuming your status is no farther along than V70, this might not be a bad call. But if you're at V200 or later, this would be a huge mistake unless you somehow lined up another V200 somewhere else, or there's something else going on like a high ADM. These allocations do not grow on trees... and it would be worth suffering through a subpar SA if you have actually gotten your hands on a real allocation.

Originally Posted by E39Nutz
Yes, it is GBM and I am a PCA member. We might have seen each other in one of those cars and coffee. I have been driving the P4ST to cars and coffee as I found people are more interested in the wagon than anther 911.

The Exchange is doing the PPF, their price is quite reasonable and use XPEL Ultimate Plus. The green area (minus the headlights) is what I plan to have PPF. They told me that XPEL recommends not to PPF headlights as the film could melt with the headlights in extreme condition (e.g. AZ/FL/S.Cal heat)
The headlights give me constant anxiety. I don't have PPF on my current 718, and really the only part of the car that's showing any noticeable signs of road rash is the headlights. Maybe they're just dirty, but no way I'm leaving them unprotected on my incoming car...

I had PPF on the headlights on a past 981 and 991, never had a problem. The 981 had over 50k miles when I traded it in, with immaculate headlights.

Last edited by manifold danger; 08-25-2022 at 08:27 AM.
Old 08-25-2022, 10:18 AM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,801 Likes on 876 Posts

Yes, it is GBM and I am a PCA member. We might have seen each other in one of those cars and coffee. I have been driving the P4ST to cars and coffee as I found people are more interested in the wagon than anther 911.

The Exchange is doing the PPF, their price is quite reasonable and use XPEL Ultimate Plus. The green area (minus the headlights) is what I plan to have PPF. They told me that XPEL recommends not to PPF headlights as the film could melt with the headlights in extreme condition (e.g. AZ/FL/S.Cal heat)
I'm doing full PPF on mine. it only costs a bit more and my 981 Spyder had the areas covered that you showed and of course I somehow got rock chips on the rear deck (bouncing rocks?). Don't forget that no matter how carefully you park, someone will park next to you and ding your doors.

Last edited by MaddMike; 08-25-2022 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-25-2022, 10:28 AM
Gorthaur
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by MaddMike
I'm doing full PPF on mine. it only costs a bit more and my 981 Spyder had the areas covered that you showed and of course I somehow got rock chips on the rear deck (bouncing rocks?). Don't forget that no matter how carefully you park, someone will park next to you and ding your doors.
Isn't it possibile/useful to PPF the A pillars (well, the whole frame around the windshield, for that matter) as well? That area takes a lot of beating IMHO.
Old 08-25-2022, 10:33 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Did they get back to work yesterday or is it tomorrow?
Found an allocation on 7/15, it locked on 7/18. Was supposed to be completed and delivered by the end of August but TYD was obviously not contemplating the summer brake. For over a month my start of production was late July but happened to check it today and it’s been updated to 8/24 as the actual date. Still showing 9/30 delivery but who knows how accurate that is. SA thinks it’s built and awaiting inspection with a likely earlier delivery date. I doubt it considering what we’ve seen.
Old 08-25-2022, 10:35 AM
E39Nutz
Pro

Received 254 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Gorthaur
Hi! Great spec! Is the stitching pebble gray or chalk? Does it look "white-ish" in person?

It is silver. If you pick black leather, the default color is silver stitching. When I finalized the order at the dealership, we did try to figure out what shade of silver was the stitching and was told that it is GT Silver stitching. Chalk and pebble gray have a more dull color although they look pretty close from afar.
Old 08-25-2022, 10:43 AM
Gorthaur
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 30 Posts

It is silver. If you pick black leather, the default color is silver stitching. When I finalized the order at the dealership, we did try to figure out what shade of silver was the stitching and was told that it is GT Silver stitching. Chalk and pebble gray have a more dull color although they look pretty close from afar.
Thank you; I had to choose between pebble gray and chalk, no other silver/white available. Since I have silver wheels and badging, I thought this was the way to go. Fingers crossed it doesn't look "too" gray.
Old 08-25-2022, 11:12 AM
gregturek
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclane
Also in Chicago, also gentian blue... What do you call reasonable? Gotta find a place or someone to get it done.
Our car is coming from Isringhausen in Springfield. They use a shop in St Louis for PPF (also XPEL). I’d prefer to have the car wrapped before delivery, but I’m concerned about service and would prefer someplace local. I’m also concerned about installation techniques. I understand some places do not wrap edges which makes a big difference.

Porsche Exchange had a car at the PCA Club Race at Road America last Labor Day that looked great. For a front clip plus a few extras like mirrors they were guessing $3k, but it’s model dependent.

I stopped in Chicago Auto Pros in Lombard. They are a larger shop with a big YouTube presence. They have history doing a number of very high end cars ($1M) and appear to have a good reputation. I had them quote the front clip, plus mirrors in XPEL, plus ceramic coating for the car, wheels and “barrels”. They include paint correction which should be minimal for a new car. $4.7k for our CGTS 4.0. I’m not sure about the coating, but cars with it look fantastic. I’m also thinking of PPF on the rocker panels, and coating the calipers. It’s supposed to be a big help with brake dust.

Last edited by gregturek; 08-25-2022 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-25-2022, 12:17 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 008
Did they get back to work yesterday or is it tomorrow?
Found an allocation on 7/15, it locked on 7/18. Was supposed to be completed and delivered by the end of August but TYD was obviously not contemplating the summer brake. For over a month my start of production was late July but happened to check it today and it’s been updated to 8/24 as the actual date. Still showing 9/30 delivery but who knows how accurate that is. SA thinks it’s built and awaiting inspection with a likely earlier delivery date. I doubt it considering what we’ve seen.
Very similar story to my TYD experience. My lock date bounced around for about two weeks before finally settling, and while doing so pushed my delivery date out by a month. My build date was 7/29 before all of this so I agree; it seems that the system dumps out "placeholder" dates and 7.29 was the cutoff for the summer break. It seems to me that I clearly didn't make the cut, so my car has yet to enter production... as it sits right now that's showing to start on 9/2 according to TYD. It seems strange your SA would suggest the car has been built. That seems like an unnecessary attempt at inflating expectations... why would any SA ever want to do that, if anything I'd underpromise and overdeliver.

Also FWIW, I'm getting our friend the Umbrella Man when I try to get into TYD right now. Has been pretty consistent for the past couple hours. Things may be happening, I can only hope it's favorable for the time being...

Originally Posted by gregturek
Our car is coming from Isringhausen in Springfield. They use a shop in St Louis for PPF (also XPEL). I’d prefer to have the car wrapped before delivery, but I’m concerned about service and would prefer someplace local. I’m also concerned about installation techniques. I understand some places do not wrap edges which makes a big difference.

Porsche Exchange had a car at the PCA Club Race at Road America last Labor Day that looked great. For a front clip plus a few extras like mirrors they were guessing $3k, but it’s model dependent.

I stopped in Chicago Auto Pros in Lombard. They are a larger shop with a big YouTube presence. They have history doing a number of very high end cars ($1M) and appear to have a good reputation. I had them quote the front clip, plus mirrors in XPEL, plus ceramic coating for the car, wheels and “barrels”. They include paint correction which should be minimal for a new car. $4.7k for our CGTS 4.0. I’m not sure about the coating, but cars with it look fantastic. I’m also thinking of PPF on the rocker panels, and coating the calipers. It’s supposed to be a big help with brake dust.
These types of numbers really help for context. To be honest, $4.7k seems like way too much for not the full car, even including things like coatings. Honestly, if I can get the film applied for $3k, I'd happily apply ceramic coating on my own and save $1.7k.
The following users liked this post:
Johny0299 (08-25-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 12:21 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,067 Posts

Originally Posted by manifold danger
It seems strange your SA would suggest the car has been built. That seems like an unnecessary attempt at inflating expectations... why would any SA ever want to do that, if anything I'd underpromise and overdeliver.
Perhaps the SA checked PVSMS and it now has an actual V code of completion…
Old 08-25-2022, 12:28 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Congrats on your car. Regarding ppf, I would recommend getting the headlights done. I have Suntek Reaction on mine so not sure if the differing film factors into an installer wanting to put on the headlight or not but my installer said it hasn't been a problem for him. Also, I would recommend the A pillars and especially the windshield.
E39Nutz (08-26-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 12:30 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Perhaps the SA checked PVSMS and it now has an actual V code of completion…
Sure, whatever that means. As written it seemed like it was speculation.

Which brings me to something that hasn't bothered me enough to ask, but how is it that some of you have all this in-depth knowledge of V codes and seem to have fairly consistent updates on what V code you're at? My SA is always happy to share information with me and answers anything and everything I ask... but it seems some of you folks are beating your SAs up multiple times a week for these sorts of insights that extend beyond simply logging into TYD.

I'm taking the approach of staying at arms' length and actively trying not to bother my SA too much, simply BECAUSE he's always been so helpful and responsive up to this point, and I've been rewarded with 3 allocations on GTS models in the past 6 months (one of which I even turned down)... and hopefully eventually a GT car or two someday. But I am jealous of some of you slinging out V codes and detailed intricacies of the build process that has eluded me to this point.
CatVaux (08-26-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 12:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Very similar story to my TYD experience. My lock date bounced around for about two weeks before finally settling, and while doing so pushed my delivery date out by a month. My build date was 7/29 before all of this so I agree; it seems that the system dumps out "placeholder" dates and 7.29 was the cutoff for the summer break. It seems to me that I clearly didn't make the cut, so my car has yet to enter production... as it sits right now that's showing to start on 9/2 according to TYD. It seems strange your SA would suggest the car has been built. That seems like an unnecessary attempt at inflating expectations... why would any SA ever want to do that, if anything I'd underpromise and overdeliver.

Also FWIW, I'm getting our friend the Umbrella Man when I try to get into TYD right now. Has been pretty consistent for the past couple hours. Things may be happening, I can only hope it's favorable for the time being...
yeah, seems odd but he seems to think it was built but not inspected prior to the shut down. I don’t care either way really, too hot for the track here now.
Old 08-25-2022, 12:35 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,263 Likes on 707 Posts

I assume the same happened to me. My original lock date was 7/25 and then when I was about 20 days out, it got pushed back to 8/16 and then a week later was pushed to 9/02. Since then its been basically hanging around there sometimes jumping between that and 9/05. I'm coming up on under a week till lock and its fluctuating between 8/30 and 9/01. I assume it'll lock next week no matter what but we'll see. Production scheduled date is 9/16 with the car actually starting to get built 9/23 and CP8 on 9/30. That has always been pretty consistent since the beginning so I'm hoping that doesn't change.
Old 08-25-2022, 12:59 PM
vtplm
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 44 Posts

I've had a similar question. I contacted Crazy Eddy and confirmed with my SA.

981 gt4 and the 991.1 and .2 GT3 are platinum gray/silver
992 gt3, 718 gt4, and RS’s came with GT silver

Last edited by vtplm; 08-25-2022 at 01:00 PM.
TripleL (08-25-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 01:02 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,067 Posts

Sure, whatever that means. As written it seemed like it was speculation.

Which brings me to something that hasn't bothered me enough to ask, but how is it that some of you have all this in-depth knowledge of V codes and seem to have fairly consistent updates on what V code you're at? My SA is always happy to share information with me and answers anything and everything I ask... but it seems some of you folks are beating your SAs up multiple times a week for these sorts of insights that extend beyond simply logging into TYD.

I'm taking the approach of staying at arms' length and actively trying not to bother my SA too much, simply BECAUSE he's always been so helpful and responsive up to this point, and I've been rewarded with 3 allocations on GTS models in the past 6 months (one of which I even turned down)... and hopefully eventually a GT car or two someday. But I am jealous of some of you slinging out V codes and detailed intricacies of the build process that has eluded me to this point.
The PAG system of record for dealers is the Porsche Sales and Vehicle Management System.

Unsure why TYD is not always in agreement with PSVMS, but as shown on here it isn’t. Perhaps it’s update frequency or update time; regardless TYD is at times garbage.

My SA checks his customer cars everyday and sends out updates when actual dates are posted.

Some are ok doing this and strangely some will not.

It’s not a mystery or speculation.

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...