Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2022, 08:22 AM
cybers3c
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by virdoc
how can production take over a month?!
Your start production date is only an estimated placeholder. I had a similar start production date as a placeholder but my status in TYD was “Scheduled for Production” even after that start date had passed. And your end production date falls after the August factory shutdown that’s why the dates are so far apart.
The following users liked this post:
PaulE (07-26-2022)
Old 07-26-2022, 08:25 AM
gallucho
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 20 Posts

Me too. Originally supposed to come in June. Now 9/30. Freeze 4/29.
Production started 7/22. First wiring harness, now port clogged up. Just in time to insure it for the winter hibernation. F.
Old 07-26-2022, 08:46 AM
PaulE
Rennlist Member

Received 286 Likes on 142 Posts

makes sense. There must be a reason why they have TYD change Start Production from an estimated date (7/1 in my case) to an “actual’ date (7/14 for me). Can’t imagine half built cars sitting on an assembly line that is shut down for the model year changeover.

Originally Posted by cybers3c
Your start production date is only an estimated placeholder. I had a similar start production date as a placeholder but my status in TYD was “Scheduled for Production” even after that start date had passed. And your end production date falls after the August factory shutdown that’s why the dates are so far apart.
Old 07-26-2022, 08:49 AM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 915 Likes on 365 Posts

Those are my current dates for a 2023. Start Prod 9/2, finish 9/9. That likely means mine will get pushed back as well though since they still appear to have several 2022s that either need to be built or converted.

My original lock date was part of the 4/29 group so I’m just pushing right along with delays this year. Every week it’s “What delay is next?” My original schedule from when I went V200 in January had me taking delivery last week but I’ll be happy to have it by Thanksgiving at this point lol

Originally Posted by PaulE
My TYD just updated - CP8.0 has been moved from July 29th to September 9th, for a car with an "Actual" Start Production date of July 14th. Delivery to the dealer now estimated at October 7th. Funny thing is this is the timing I originally had in mind when I started looking for a GT4. I still have a 2022 model with a commission beginning with an "F' as of now!
Old 07-26-2022, 09:14 AM
virdoc
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by cybers3c
my ACTUAL start production date “completed” 7/21. It had been ESTIMATED 7/1. That’s why I’m confused, figured production should complete in about a week 🤷‍♂️. My wife’s words of wisdom: it’ll get here when it gets here
The following users liked this post:
manifold danger (07-26-2022)
Old 07-26-2022, 09:56 AM
slowdown
Instructor

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by virdoc
pretty much same here. My actual Start Production date completed 7/21.

my production completion date just moved from 7/22 to 9/2. Delivery is now 9/30 back from 8/19 😩

how can production take over a month?!
Mine took about a month for productionbto complete. Once it was produced in about a week, it just sat at the factory waiting for parts until it moved to CP8. It just arrived in port at Benicia, so I hope the front end wait means I don't have to wait for anything during the final port processing end...
​​​​​
Old 07-26-2022, 10:07 AM
CatVaux
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandPaJohn
TYD just pushed by dates by two weeks. On Vessel has moved from 7/29 to 8/12. Does anyone have the updated shipping schedule for Emden? The one I have doesn't show any ships leaving for Baltimore on that date.
I have been watching the schedule, the ships in Emden, and reports on RL about when folks are notified that they are on a ship for weeks now. From this experience, I can report that the shipping dates in TYD are approximations (always Fridays) that are not aligned precisely to actual ships. The shipping dates on the schedule are also only approximations and they change every few days, presumably due to actual circumstances at port and at sea. Also, lots of real world things happen at Emden that are never reflected on the schedule.

For example, although the official schedule does not show the Siem Cicero going to Davisville, VessleFinder shows Davisville as its next port of call AND the Davisville berthing schedule shows Siem Cicero docking there shortly.

That said, here is today’s schedule for US East and West coast deliveries:

The dates are frequently updated even though the schedule looks the same at a quick glance.

And here is a link where you can track the schedule yourself. https://www.pwl.de/en/eportal/schedules--vgm
Old 07-26-2022, 10:08 AM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by TXRubicon
Those are my current dates for a 2023. Start Prod 9/2, finish 9/9. That likely means mine will get pushed back as well though since they still appear to have several 2022s that either need to be built or converted.

My original lock date was part of the 4/29 group so I’m just pushing right along with delays this year. Every week it’s “What delay is next?” My original schedule from when I went V200 in January had me taking delivery last week but I’ll be happy to have it by Thanksgiving at this point lol
Well, at least Thanksgiving is good weather for you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it gets here before the snow.
Old 07-26-2022, 10:26 AM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

Thanks for the schedule and the link. According to that schedule there are only 3 ships leaving for Baltimore in the next month....Siem Confucius on 7/31, SFL Composer on 8/4, and Siem Aristotle on 8/27. None of those are close to the TYD estimated On Vessel date of 8/12.
On a good note, I did get the photos. Funny how the window sticker shows my original projected start date of 6/7.
Old 07-26-2022, 11:15 AM
PaulE
Rennlist Member

Received 286 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by TXRubicon

It's interesting that you and I both had a 4/29 lock date. You've been converted to a 2023 model and so far my car is still a 2022! My car was an allocation with V200 status when I made my deal in February, I don't know how long the dealership had it, but I can't imagine it could have been for very long. My SA is going to let me know if he can find out anything more about the status of my car.
Old 07-26-2022, 11:28 AM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

It's interesting that you and I both had a 4/29 lock date. You've been converted to a 2023 model and so far my car is still a 2022! My car was an allocation with V200 status when I made my deal in February, I don't know how long the dealership had it, but I can't imagine it could have been for very long. My SA is going to let me know if he can find out anything more about the status of my car.
My BGTS had a 4/29 lock as well and it's done and sitting at Emden. Original projected Start Production was 6/7 if that makes any difference.
Old 07-26-2022, 11:41 AM
unclemat
Pro

Received 371 Likes on 211 Posts

My TYD just updated - CP8.0 has been moved from July 29th to September 9th, for a car with an "Actual" Start Production date of July 14th. Delivery to the dealer now estimated at October 7th. Funny thing is this is the timing I originally had in mind when I started looking for a GT4. I still have a 2022 model with a commission beginning with an "F' as of now!
Bummer. There is always hope they will bring it forward.

Mine as of today is en route to Emden. The CP8.0 was updated to 7/25. The original delivery was mid June. If things go well it could be delivered in later part of August, which is not that bad all things considered. I got the allocation in February.
Old 07-26-2022, 12:49 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,138 Likes on 641 Posts

Just an observation I've made recently.

TYD is kind of a waste of time.

I've been more or less obsessed with TYD since securing an allocation on a 992 GTS back in March. Ultimately I ended up changing my mind and giving up that allocation before freeze and then getting a BGTS 4.0 allocation shortly after and starting the process over again.

Since then, my delivery, production, and delivery dates have shifted no less than a dozen times.

Making things worse is rampant speculation that is very prevalent on these boards. At one point I was reaching out to my SA to make sure there wasn't a stop sale on Arctic Grey paint, because someone's SA on here swore there was. Turns out it was a stop sale on the supplemental safety bars in external color, just happened to be exclusive to Arctic Grey. But my SA had told me that when he tried to submit my original build which included that option and got kicked back- my build locked a week or so ago with Arctic Grey paint and gloss black safety bars.

Since then, fortunately no change... and like most of you I've logged in every day to make sure.

Here's the thing though- in the midst of all this I also decided I needed to upgrade my wife's 2020 Macan S to a brand new Macan GTS. Somehow secured an allocation with an August build date (originally, V170 at the moment because there's a delay on GT design wheels), at the same dealer my Boxster is coming through; my local dealer I've bought the 2020 Macan through. I never received a TYD email, and don't believe I will for this car.

I'M ****ING GLAD.

Just saying.

Last edited by manifold danger; 07-26-2022 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-26-2022, 01:11 PM
sinking
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by manifold danger
Just an observation I've made recently.

TYD is kind of a waste of time.

I've been more or less obsessed with TYD since securing an allocation on a 992 GTS back in March. Ultimately I ended up changing my mind and giving up that allocation before freeze and then getting a BGTS 4.0 allocation shortly after and starting the process over again.

Since then, my delivery, production, and delivery dates have shifted no less than a dozen times.

Making things worse is rampant speculation that is very prevalent on these boards. At one point I was reaching out to my SA to make sure there wasn't a stop sale on Arctic Grey paint, because someone's SA on here swore there was. Turns out it was a stop sale on the supplemental safety bars in external color, just happened to be exclusive to Arctic Grey. But my SA had told me that when he tried to submit my original build which included that option and got kicked back- my build locked a week or so ago with Arctic Grey paint and gloss black safety bars.

Since then, fortunately no change... and like most of you I've logged in every day to make sure.

Here's the thing though- in the midst of all this I also decided I needed to upgrade my wife's 2020 Macan S to a brand new Macan GTS. Somehow secured an allocation with an August build date (originally, V170 at the moment because there's a delay on GT design wheels), at the same dealer my Boxster is coming through; my local dealer I've bought the 2020 Macan through. I never received a TYD email, and don't believe I will for this car.

I'M ****ING GLAD.

Just saying.
TYD isn't available on the Macans. My wife has one on order, sitting at the port or the factory now waiting to be picked up, and is jealous of my TYD. I agree, with as much as the dates move around in TYD you couldn't exactly set a clock to it. For entertainment purposes only.
Old 07-26-2022, 02:42 PM
SW6
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I noticed earlier this week that the pop up message on TYD has changed from a message about Ukraine delays, to a message about shipping issues at Emden.

"Dear customer,

PCNA is aware of new delays in shipping completed vehicles currently awaiting loading in Port of Emden. The delays are due to shipping vessel availability disruptions and labor shortages at the Port of Emden that are largely outside of Porsche’s control. This is a very dynamic situation, and PCNA is working diligently with the VW Group to help minimize car shipment delays."

My GTS isn't scheduled for production until early September, so hopefully they work it out before it gets to the port...

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...