Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2022 | 11:27 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

It is still better than begging below average SA’s for updates - IMO.
The following 2 users liked this post by UncleDude:
Lucent (04-23-2022), radiospares (04-25-2022)
Old 04-24-2022 | 01:51 AM
shasayed
Intermediate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by UncleDude
THIS!!!
Old 04-24-2022 | 01:56 AM
sgreer78
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Lucky for me I guess is that I have an excellent SA who has given me any info I've asked for.
Old 04-24-2022 | 09:16 AM
JP66
Burning Brakes

Finally caught up to all you tech savvy folks with dealers that know a thing or to. My dealer was clueless as regards TrackYourDream so I had to go directly to Porsche of North America. They got me the link. Looks like it will be here almost exactly one year after I walked into the dealership. Crazy. I would never have believed that a time would come when buying a car would require a one year wait:

Old 04-24-2022 | 09:26 AM
DRH68W
AutoX

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
Congrats. Looks excellent.

I was never a fan of beige interiors (mainly because I could never keep them clean) until they started introducing more black to them. This is a perfect balance.

Go black floormats.
It did come with the black floormats, I couldn't imagine trying to keep tan ones clean. The interior pic is from it was first dropped off the truck and it has the custom Porsche Tequipment carboard shipping mats that are only $495.
The following 2 users liked this post by DRH68W:
shasayed (04-24-2022), SpyderSenseOC (04-24-2022)
Old 04-24-2022 | 11:06 AM
eeki
Track Day

After a couple of delays, my CGTS is currently due to be built early June, and the dealer tells me I have until Tuesday to make changes to the configuration. I've started having second thoughts about seats - currently I have sports plus seats, but I probably would like to go for LWBS. I'd also drop a couple of options (deviated stitching for example) to compensate a bit for the cost.

Any experiences here how this kind of a change could affect delivery times? I'll call them on Monday, it's probably not going to be possible to get any firm answers as the situation must be quite fluid with everything going on, but looking to see if anyone has done something like this recently.
The following users liked this post:
jimdillard (04-24-2022)
Old 04-24-2022 | 11:08 AM
E39Nutz
Pro

Originally Posted by eeki
After a couple of delays, my CGTS is currently due to be built early June, and the dealer tells me I have until Tuesday to make changes to the configuration. I've started having second thoughts about seats - currently I have sports plus seats, but I probably would like to go for LWBS. I'd also drop a couple of options (deviated stitching for example) to compensate a bit for the cost.

Any experiences here how this kind of a change could affect delivery times? I'll call them on Monday, it's probably not going to be possible to get any firm answers as the situation must be quite fluid with everything going on, but looking to see if anyone has done something like this recently.
It’s not comfortable in any shape or form, lacking fininte adjustment. You need to sit on it to tell yourself if you really want it. More for the look in my opinion especially if you are not taking the car to track.
unclemat (04-24-2022)
Old 04-24-2022 | 11:42 AM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Asking folks for seat advice is totally pointless. So many people will tell you THE answer, but it is completely subjective. Some people hate the lwbs, others worship them.

Try them out or flip a coin.
unclemat (04-24-2022)
Old 04-24-2022 | 11:59 AM
ngamountains
Racer

Originally Posted by Adrift
Asking folks for seat advice is totally pointless. So many people will tell you THE answer, but it is completely subjective. Some people hate the lwbs, others worship them.

True, and not a long step to say same about the never-ending “Tell me how to spec my build” threads.
Adrift (04-24-2022)
Old 04-24-2022 | 12:23 PM
eeki
Track Day

Fully agreed, seats are a highly personal choice and one size definitely does not fit all! That's why my question was on effects (on delivery date) of making changes to the build before the lock date, and not the seats themselves.

Last edited by eeki; 04-24-2022 at 12:26 PM.
Adrift (04-24-2022)
Old 04-24-2022 | 12:27 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Fully agreed, seats are a highly personal choice and one size definitely does not fit all! That's why my question was on effects of making changes to the build before the lock date, and not the seats themselves.
You should get the seats you want regardless of what it does to the timeline. Can’t think of many options more important than seat happiness.
The following 2 users liked this post by TXshaggy:
eeki (04-24-2022), TripleL (04-25-2022)
Old 04-24-2022 | 12:32 PM
JP66
Burning Brakes

FWIW, I asked that exact question in March and was told it would make no difference. I'm a DE guy and wanted LWBS because I plan on installing a 5 point harness (yes, I am fully aware of the debate as regards 5 points in a convertible). Towards the last few days I was waffling a bit on my choice of LWBS because I also own the car in my avatar so I don't need a hard core DE car as well and plan on using the BGTS as my daily driver until I die most likely, and I had the LWBS in a Cayman R that I sold and know they are not that comfortable for long drives, but they are tolerable. The longest drive I made in my R was about 4 hours from my house to Watkins Glenn. It was tolerable though not ideal. However, once I was on the track I LOVED having the LWBS in my R because of the available 5 point harness I had.
The following 2 users liked this post by JP66:
ausgang (04-25-2022), eeki (04-24-2022)
Old 04-24-2022 | 12:33 PM
slowdown
Instructor

Definitely worth the delay if those are the seats you're truly going to regret not getting. Seats are a big ticket item unlike all the ancillary option choices you have to make.
eeki (04-24-2022)
Old 04-24-2022 | 12:53 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Tracking a gulf liveried p-car is da bomb. #jealous
Old 04-24-2022 | 01:49 PM
JP66
Burning Brakes

Tracking a gulf liveried p-car is da bomb. #jealous

Thanks. Funny story about how I got that car.

Back in 2019 my wife lost her job and got into a bad business deal that cost us $90k so I had to sell my F class Boxster as well as my R then a year later things started to turn around and I found myself back in the market for a track car but with a very limited budget. That car had been sitting on RacingJunk for about a year so I contacted the guy with an offer and told him I knew it was low ball but I wasn't trying to be rude it just was my perfect car and I was offering every dollar I had. We talked on the phone and turns out he bought the car from a guy I taught to fly 35 years ago and he already had a Cup Car in his driveway and needed the Cayman GTB1 gone yesterday so he accepted my ridiculous low ball offer. I whacked almost 10 seconds off my best time at Watkins Glenn first time I drove it. Even funnier turns out the original build was done by none other than Spencer *** (God rest his soul) and Speed Sport Tuning. They are my homies and take care of me. So, actually the car sorta made it home. I'm hoping next summer to have the time and money to actually race it in GTB1 even though as a 2006 it won't really be competitive. Anyways, funny little story.

Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion . . .

Can't say how excited I am to get my Boxster after waiting almost a year!!

I looked on TYD to find pics of my car being built like others have posted but didn't find any. Once it ships is it too late? Are pics linked somewhere else on TYD?

Thanks.
The following 2 users liked this post by JP66:
ausgang (04-25-2022), jimdillard (04-25-2022)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...