Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2022, 06:42 PM
radiospares
Advanced

Received 89 Likes on 25 Posts
Talking

Just got the word! It's finally done being built! I can't believe it actually made it through everything that's going on. Very grateful. There is hope for you all. Now, I wait....

The following 2 users liked this post by radiospares:
Growler48 (03-23-2022), SpyderSenseOC (03-23-2022)
Old 03-23-2022, 06:56 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,345 Likes on 806 Posts

Originally Posted by radiospares
Just got the word! It's finally done being built! I can't believe it actually made it through everything that's going on. Very grateful. There is hope for you all. Now, I wait....

Congrats. Now it's time to shift away from TYD and onto vesselfinder.com. lol Where is yours heading?
The following users liked this post:
worf928 (03-23-2022)
Old 03-23-2022, 07:27 PM
*991*
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrift
Next stop: VIN!
If u started production u already have a vin just ask your SA
Adrift (03-23-2022)
Old 03-23-2022, 07:47 PM
Todd.Dang3r
Instructor

Received 237 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
If you don't mind me asking, what did your build MSRP out at? I'm at $131,940 without the Burmester, LWB and NAV that you configured.
Yours looks great! Glad to hear about my color combo… the pictures I’ve seen look pretty good but it’s so hard to tell. My MSRP is $134,330… I didn’t get too heavy into any of the interior options with different materials, stitching, etc. If I could have done the gauges in Chalk I would have. The NAV, Smoker’s Package, and Fuel Cap were all actually a late edition. I spec’d the car without them at first and it locked configuration… then something happened in February and it unlocked for a bit, so I took “one last look” at the options and added those in. The Porsche Code is PNSMS6H4 if you want to see it in more detail.

I’m up in the Seattle area… the only other Spyders I’ve seen anywhere up here were at the “Exotics at Redmond Town Center” meet-up… haven’t ever seen one in the wild outside of that meet-up.
Old 03-23-2022, 08:14 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,345 Likes on 806 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd.Dang3r
Yours looks great! Glad to hear about my color combo… the pictures I’ve seen look pretty good but it’s so hard to tell. My MSRP is $134,330… I didn’t get too heavy into any of the interior options with different materials, stitching, etc. If I could have done the gauges in Chalk I would have. The NAV, Smoker’s Package, and Fuel Cap were all actually a late edition. I spec’d the car without them at first and it locked configuration… then something happened in February and it unlocked for a bit, so I took “one last look” at the options and added those in. The Porsche Code is PNSMS6H4 if you want to see it in more detail.

I’m up in the Seattle area… the only other Spyders I’ve seen anywhere up here were at the “Exotics at Redmond Town Center” meet-up… haven’t ever seen one in the wild outside of that meet-up.

If the top of the dashboard on the Spyder classic interior was black, I would have ordered the car just like you did and added the bordeaux gauges and Chrono. That would’ve been absolutely off the charts. But it would have added too much red with the top of the dash as currently configured in the SCI.

Old 03-23-2022, 08:16 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,761 Likes on 692 Posts

There’s a good number of us in the area although these aren’t super common. Are you in PCA/PNWR and/or Avants? Both great clubs with local events, tours, track days, etc. The PCA Concours event in Kirkland had 3 Spyders there I think.

Hope to see you and the car out and about.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:15 PM
radiospares
Advanced

Received 89 Likes on 25 Posts

Congrats. Now it's time to shift away from TYD and onto vesselfinder.com. lol Where is yours heading?
Thanks! Yes, now onto tracking ships haha. Heading to the port of Houston. It says it will be at Emden port and on a vessel April 1st (hopefully not a prank). Will hopefully find out the vessel name soon.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:07 AM
Lerdo_Hwy
Track Day

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

Another data point on near-term delays: This morning TYD was showing a start production date of 4/8 for my CGTS. This evening, it has shifted out by two more weeks, with a start date of 4/22. Interestingly, TYD shows 99 days until my car arrives at the dealer (in California), which is the same number of days TYD showed when I first got my allocation and received the welcome email back in December.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:09 AM
Don Fitzpatrick
Advanced

Received 107 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Fitzpatrick
Apparently my boat is going to go for a loop on land or drop my car off. This apparently is also going to delay my car a month.

TYD shenanigans!

soo my TYD is still showing this random circle pattern through Belgium. Is anyone else seeing this? It doesn’t seem like it could be a mistake IMO as someone has to program these routes. Odd that it follows a couple canal routes through the area of what I would beleive would be too small for a RoRo

Retrofit of some sort? Maybe they forgot my headlight washer caps and are popping them in on the way 🤣

Last edited by Don Fitzpatrick; 03-24-2022 at 12:13 AM.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:57 AM
B-Rapid 718
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts

My delivery date keeps getting pushed back 😤. Anyone from the west coast getting LA PEC delivery? Tomorrow is my freeze point and hoping to add but was unavailable when I spec my car. Going to Las Vegas for WSOP on 6/12 and was hoping to break it in by driving there but now my delivery got push to 6/17 from the original date of 5/27. Thanks for reading.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:59 AM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,512 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by B-Rapid 718
My delivery date keeps getting pushed back 😤. Anyone from the west coast getting LA PEC delivery? Tomorrow is my freeze point and hoping to add but was unavailable when I spec my car. Going to Las Vegas for WSOP on 6/12 and was hoping to break it in by driving there but now my delivery got push to 6/17 from the original date of 5/27. Thanks for reading.
PECLA delivery not available on anything but the 4RS/GT3 now.
B-Rapid 718 (03-24-2022)
Old 03-24-2022, 01:15 AM
Todd.Dang3r
Instructor

If the top of the dashboard on the Spyder classic interior was black, I would have ordered the car just like you did and added the bordeaux gauges and Chrono. That would’ve been absolutely off the charts. But it would have added too much red with the top of the dash as currently configured in the SCI.
Yeah I was going for a Bordeaux / Black combo… I looked at adding the Bordeaux gauges, and also the leather steering column and leather trim around the AC system, but ultimately it was just too much Bordeaux. Classic interior with Black on the top of the dash would be epic.

I think the only thing I might second guess is not adding the full leather to the classic interior, and perhaps chalk stitching… but ultimately just happy to get one of the last mid-engine naturally aspirated manuals available.
Old 03-24-2022, 01:17 AM
Todd.Dang3r
Instructor

Originally Posted by cooler2442
PECLA delivery not available on anything but the 4RS/GT3 now.
I was looking for PECLA delivery to visit family in San Diego and then drive up to Seattle via 101/1 (previously made this exact trip in my ‘04 E46 330 ZHP) but was told by my SA that PECLA is only doing Taycan deliveries at the moment.
B-Rapid 718 (03-24-2022)
Old 03-24-2022, 01:23 AM
Todd.Dang3r
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jeff Jones
There’s a good number of us in the area although these aren’t super common. Are you in PCA/PNWR and/or Avants? Both great clubs with local events, tours, track days, etc. The PCA Concours event in Kirkland had 3 Spyders there I think.

Hope to see you and the car out and about.
The car in your profile pic looks familiar… did I chat with you at RTC? 😂

I’m not in PCA yet… when I tried to join before it was asking for a VIN so I figured I needed to wait. I’ll look into Avants. I also occasionally take my current weekend car (‘04 E46 330 ZHP) to the Lake Washington cars and coffee but that’s the extent of my exposure to the Seattle car scene. Shoot me a PM if there is anything fun coming up I can tag along for… would love to start getting familiar with the Seattle PCA crew while I wait for delivery.
Jeff Jones (03-24-2022)
Old 03-24-2022, 02:27 AM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,761 Likes on 692 Posts

The car in your profile pic looks familiar… did I chat with you at RTC? 😂
I haven’t had my Spyder to Exotics yet but I’ll be there soon, opening day for sure. Lake Washington on Sunday is great. There’s another guy I know that has my twin, or did when mine was all white. Close to identical spec.

I will PM you. I’m @911maniac on IG as well if you want to connect there. I’ve got a Martini livery on my Spyder so hard to miss!
Todd.Dang3r (03-24-2022)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...