Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 09:16 PM
P Car Enthusiast
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

Congrats my man. Well deserved. Signed your pal in Dallas.
Old 01-24-2022, 10:40 PM
jeffsquared
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow such wildly different experiences. For me production started 1/13, not complete yet, and since it's entered production it's been delayed from 3/11 estimated delivery to 4/1. BGTS 4.0. They estimate production complete on 2/11.
Old 01-24-2022, 10:47 PM
Mj7801
Intermediate

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffsquared
Wow such wildly different experiences. For me production started 1/13, not complete yet, and since it's entered production it's been delayed from 3/11 estimated delivery to 4/1. BGTS 4.0. They estimate production complete on 2/11.
Yeah. I just spoke to my SA, he said system dates have been all over the place.
Old 01-25-2022, 01:04 AM
Hppd
Track Day

Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

The Crystal Ray docked a couple of days ago and my Spyder is now at the Port of San Diego — how long does the "Port Processing" step usually take?
Old 01-25-2022, 01:15 AM
SwanSong
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Hppd
The Crystal Ray docked a couple of days ago and my Spyder is now at the Port of San Diego — how long does the "Port Processing" step usually take?
Mine was Port of San Diego to my dealership in LA in about 6 days.
Old 01-25-2022, 06:13 PM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 117 Posts

I know TYD is pretty poor historically, but it has gone from an anticipated Production Complete date of 1/14...to 3/18. I sure hope it's wrong...
Old 01-25-2022, 06:56 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,338 Likes on 801 Posts

Took the plunge today. Just ordered a 2022 Spyder exactly the way I want it. Should be here by June they tell me.

Any downside or privacy issues with posting the Porsche Code for others to look at and comment? I really wanted Chalk with the red top but that can only be configured with Spyder Classic Interior, which I did not want due to the RED dashboard.

Old 01-25-2022, 07:06 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 3,970 Likes on 1,721 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
Took the plunge today. Just ordered a 2022 Spyder exactly the way I want it. Should be here by June they tell me.

Any downside or privacy issues with posting the Porsche Code for others to look at and comment? I really wanted Chalk with the red top but that can only be configured with Spyder Classic Interior, which I did not want due to the RED dashboard.
Sweet build. I had a 996 with a red dash. Red EVERYTHING! At first I passed on buying the car because of it. I later went back and bought it. That car was the hit at the local shows. I grew to love it. So, just saying. I did add black floor mats to clam things down a tiny bit.

People all post their build codes here. I assume no issues with doing so.

Old 01-25-2022, 07:07 PM
sonicworld
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC

Good question re the Porsche Code. The only downside I see is someone may duplicate your build but who cares really. I love when folks share them to get me outta my head and into someone else's design perspective. I also love catching little things like the rear Porsche logo in chrome. If you're getting a GTS with blacked out features it's really best to get the logo painted black as well, to fit in with the aesthetic of the car, but some miss that and it's hard to change after the fact.

Last edited by sonicworld; 01-25-2022 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-25-2022, 07:13 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sonicworld
Good question re the Porsche Code. The only downside I see is someone may duplicate your build but who cares really. I love when folks share them to get me outta my head and into someone else's design perspective. I also love catching little things like the rear Porsche logo in chrome. If you're getting a GTS with blacked out features it's really best to get the logo painted black as well, to fit in with the aesthetic of the car, but some miss that and it's hard to change after the fact.
And some like it that way so it stands out especially when they delete the lettering on the bumper
But yes, let everyone weigh in on your build. It helps feed the fire in all of us!

Old 01-25-2022, 07:36 PM
sonicworld
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
And some like it that way so it stands out especially when they delete the lettering on the bumper
But yes, let everyone weigh in on your build. It helps feed the fire in all of us!
Good points!
Old 01-25-2022, 07:44 PM
fman15
Advanced

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

So my GT4 is supposed to arrive in early March. This is my first high end car so I'm new to PPF. Thinking about doing Xpel Ultimate Plus on the whole front and fenders and also a ceramic coat on top of that over the whole car. This is basically what the shop that I'm considering using recommended (All American Paint Protection in Rockville, MD). Wondering if anyone has any advice or thoughts on this. Is it worth it? Will it change the appearance of the car or paint color (shark blue)?
Also thinking about tinting the windows. They use Xpel window tint as well. Anyone know anything about the different Xpel tints (Xpel prime CS vs prime XR vs prime XR plus)?
Old 01-25-2022, 08:01 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,338 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by sonicworld
I decided to allow the PORSCHE to remain silver as I like how it stands out, and I opted for the model deletion because I thought it was a cleaner look. I guess if someone wants to copy my build I'll take it as a compliment.

PNC9Z3A6

I can't wait. I just endured a two year wait for my C8 and now it starts all over again. Anyone want a C8? lol

Old 01-25-2022, 08:04 PM
Mj7801
Intermediate

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by nobbyv
I know TYD is pretty poor historically, but it has gone from an anticipated Production Complete date of 1/14...to 3/18. I sure hope it's wrong...
Same for me. I really hope my car isn’t in production for two months. TYD is a mess. However, my SA confirmed the dates in his system match TYD. I guess time will tell. 😔
The following users liked this post:
nobbyv (01-26-2022)
Old 01-25-2022, 08:29 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fman15
So my GT4 is supposed to arrive in early March. This is my first high end car so I'm new to PPF. Thinking about doing Xpel Ultimate Plus on the whole front and fenders and also a ceramic coat on top of that over the whole car. This is basically what the shop that I'm considering using recommended (All American Paint Protection in Rockville, MD). Wondering if anyone has any advice or thoughts on this. Is it worth it? Will it change the appearance of the car or paint color (shark blue)?
Also thinking about tinting the windows. They use Xpel window tint as well. Anyone know anything about the different Xpel tints (Xpel prime CS vs prime XR vs prime XR plus)?
Xpel is great. This time around I did PPF on every inch of the car. Then ceramic over that. I love knowing how well protected and preserved the paint will be, both from damage asked swirl marks.
The following users liked this post:
fman15 (01-25-2022)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...