Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2022, 12:42 PM
Delta-j
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucent
Great news. When did you put your order in? I have been waiting for an allocation since September for a GTS 4.0. SA says they have received Zero allocations since then.
I got my name on the list with a deposit in mid-April 2021, and got an allocation at the end of October and had to give a further deposit. I submitted my final build at end of November (PNMAG9T9). Feel free to ask about my build and I'll try to help you decide. For me it was fun/torture.
The following users liked this post:
Lucent (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 12:55 PM
Delta-j
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SToronto
By customer service, I am referring to PCNA (as that is where Canada routes to for service). Since My Porsche/TYD is not a dealer serviced program. Haven't had to work with PCNA on anything before. My GT3 is showing in my profile/portal since October when I received the allocation, it was a March (now late April) build. Yes I would agree, this cool offering really doesn't seem ready for customer use. Another area is not offering wireless CarPlay until I think 2020 or 2021 MY. Not available in my 2019 despite having the same PCM as 2020+ (minus wireless CP), other manufacturers are able to offer OTA update for this feature but perhaps in MY19 they didn't include a wireless radio or other hardware.

The hardware can be spotty too but is generally quite good. Latest on 992 GT3 is the spontaneous breaking of lightweight glass and brake dust generating PCCB pads (though Porsche doesn't advertise they have zero brake dust).
I had to work with PCNA when trying to get Porsche Connect (or whatever) connected. It took me a while to figure it all out, and then I figured out that it was all kinda dumb and expensive. Anyway they were very good with emails, and they finally called me at home to sort it out.

Re wireless CarPlay... if I understand correctly, it still isn't offered on my 2022 718. It's still a wired offering. I agree - it's surprising, and inexplicable really. And no Android Play. I bought an iPhone 13 so I could use CarPlay in my new Porsche! (And I hate it!) I have a wireless CarPlay adaptor on my list of things to buy.
Wireless CarPlay Adapter Wireless CarPlay Adapter
. The list is getting long as I wait in the Waiting Room.
Old 01-05-2022, 01:04 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,151 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by Delta-j
I had to work with PCNA when trying to get Porsche Connect (or whatever) connected. It took me a while to figure it all out, and then I figured out that it was all kinda dumb and expensive. Anyway they were very good with emails, and they finally called me at home to sort it out.

Re wireless CarPlay... if I understand correctly, it still isn't offered on my 2022 718. It's still a wired offering. I agree - it's surprising, and inexplicable really. And no Android Play. I bought an iPhone 13 so I could use CarPlay in my new Porsche! (And I hate it!) I have a wireless CarPlay adaptor on my list of things to buy. Wireless CarPlay Adapter. The list is getting long as I wait in the Waiting Room.
Porsche Connect.....don't see the value, albeit never set it up completely. Suspect I'm not missing anything. They had a real push for a while to ensure you get signed up. Glad they were helpful, shows some promise. I suspect a lot of it comes down to the person helping you and their abilities and desire to help.

Wow....so I won't have it on the GT4. The 19 I was referring to is Cayenne, I believe 20 Cayenne's have it. I think the Android was a strategic decision to partner with Apple, though IIRC Porsche said they surveyed and majority of their customers are Apple/iOS so maybe they didn't want to license Android Auto. I'm iOS user, just enjoy the ecosystem and ease. Though Android hardware is superior but not interested in fiddling with settings and customization so that benefit is less appealing, less of this as I age (very early 40s here)...haha.

Thanks for the adapter link, will have to check that out. So much easier to just leave it in my pocket and/or eliminate the cable.
Delta-j (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 01:14 PM
nicholascanada
Pro

Received 274 Likes on 141 Posts

Porsche customer service seems to be hot and cold. I've had a good experience with my Macan, but then I read about experiences like yours too. I have seen where lots of TYD users have lamented its poor performance in, you know, keeping track. And of course we don't even get that feature in Canada. Porsche seems to have lost the script when it comes to a lot of its software ventures. Their hardware being better than their software is a common thread in a lot of stuff these days.

When I went to V200, my car was scheduled for arrival at the dealer on April 22, 2022. That was a couple of months ago now, so I'm sure there is an update, which I'll have to ask my sales guy about I guess (tho I loathe bugging him).
Thank you, that is helpful as that is my exact delivery time frame as well. I have yet to receive the production email you received though. Now I will know if I don't receive it in the next couple of weeks, likely I won't be taking delivery in April with you.
Old 01-05-2022, 01:18 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,151 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by nicholascanada
Thank you, that is helpful as that is my exact delivery time frame as well. I have yet to receive the production email you received though. Now I will know if I don't receive it in the next couple of weeks, likely I won't be taking delivery in April with you.
Not trying to be a downer but just because you didn't receive an email or update, doesn't mean your car is pushed. My Porsche and TYD is not accurate, lots of threads here on TYD.

I would stay in touch with your salesperson as they can provide you proper visibility into timelines.
Old 01-05-2022, 01:20 PM
Delta-j
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nicholascanada
Keep us informed because it helps everyone like me with P-OCD to know this stuff.
Old 01-05-2022, 01:26 PM
nicholascanada
Pro

Originally Posted by SToronto
Not trying to be a downer but just because you didn't receive an email or update, doesn't mean your car is pushed. My Porsche and TYD is not accurate, lots of threads here on TYD.

I would stay in touch with your salesperson as they can provide you proper visibility into timelines.
Thanks, yes I know. Just thinking though would make sense for a few reasons that similar email should arrive if mine is going into Feb production and April delivery sometime soon.
Old 01-05-2022, 01:28 PM
nicholascanada
Pro

Keep us informed because it helps everyone like me with P-OCD to know this stuff.
Will do if I hear anything further. I have another car now coming possibly for March (who the heck knows with the current world state of affairs), so I am less hung up on my BGTS April delivery now but would be great timing for a Boxster to land.
Delta-j (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 02:12 PM
rdubs23
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got my delivery date for GT4 in June. Counting the days.
Old 01-05-2022, 02:19 PM
Delta-j
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rdubs23
Just got my delivery date for GT4 in June. Counting the days.
Exciting isn't it? Keep us up to date. What color did you go for?
Old 01-05-2022, 02:34 PM
rdubs23
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Exciting isn't it? Keep us up to date. What color did you go for?
I still have a few days to decide. Currently deciding between Gentian Blue, Carrara White, and PTS Mexico Blue. PTS would of course delay delivery.
Old 01-05-2022, 03:43 PM
Nomoracin
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts

i'm officially out! woo hoo!

The following 7 users liked this post by Nomoracin:
AdamIsAdam (01-05-2022), Dan Nagy (01-06-2022), Delta-j (01-05-2022), Mj7801 (01-05-2022), Old-n-slo (01-05-2022), TripleL (01-05-2022), vrae2009 (01-05-2022) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-05-2022, 03:52 PM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 117 Posts

@GT4 Shark Blue and @AdamIsAdam (and anyone else who has received their car in the past week or two): I assume your cars are still listed as MY21? Just curious when the cutover is to MY22.
Old 01-05-2022, 03:53 PM
Nomoracin
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts

mine is 2022
nobbyv (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 04:00 PM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomoracin
mine is 2022
Looks like the cutover already happened.

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...