Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2021, 12:37 PM
Alpha Ice
Burning Brakes

Received 458 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucent
My current build.

Told I am 1st in line for an Oct. Allocation. So guessing November lock, March ish delivery. Am I way off? My build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNWYN8T4

Comments welcome. I think, I am almost done making changes. LOL The wait will be painful.

In California this week, managed to grab a Mustang at Hertz. Did a run up to the Lick Observatory near Santa Clara. Very fun but wish I had my CGTS. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/37.3...7038!3e0?hl=en
I would agree with other users to expect a longer turn around. My allocation came in April, my build locked in July and started assembly the first week in September. It will usually be a couple months between build allocation, lock, and then creation.
It does seem that some dealers will have diff timelines, some users in here were lucky that their allocation was later, and build earlier. 7-8 months is what I would consider the current turn around. Peak delays were a year or more with the con rods. Ymmv
The following users liked this post:
P-car-Vancouver (09-29-2021)
Old 09-29-2021, 12:45 PM
Lucent
Instructor

Received 159 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
I would agree with other users to expect a longer turn around. My allocation came in April, my build locked in July and started assembly the first week in September. It will usually be a couple months between build allocation, lock, and then creation.
It does seem that some dealers will have diff timelines, some users in here were lucky that their allocation was later, and build earlier. 7-8 months is what I would consider the current turn around. Peak delays were a year or more with the con rods. Ymmv
Glad I got my deposit in. I was going to wait a couple more months with the misguided assumption of build times being shorter. In any case it will be a wonderful day when it does finally arrive. 1st Porsche for me and it is going to be awesome. I have had a 20 year sports car dry spell due to kids. Previously had VTEC Honda, Mustang, Iroc Z, and Z-28. Four banger Hondas and Van days are finally done. This is the one I always wanted.
The following 4 users liked this post by Lucent:
Alpha Ice (09-29-2021), Delta-j (10-01-2021), nova996 (09-29-2021), P-car-Vancouver (09-29-2021)
Old 09-29-2021, 12:48 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,642 Likes on 2,071 Posts

Normal time between lock and build is roughly two weeks unless PTS, or in your case August holiday break.

Dealers generally receive allocations 2-5 months from build date. The allocation date is the build date.

Once built variable is boat timing and transport from port.

Get an allocation and worry about the rest later.
Old 09-29-2021, 12:52 PM
nova996
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Normal time between lock and build is roughly two weeks unless PTS, or in your case August holiday break.

Dealers generally receive allocations 2-5 months from build date. The allocation date is the build date.

I think the lock to start build gap is a little longer now. Mine is 4 weeks, no PTS. I think others are reporting about the same for November and December builds.
Old 09-29-2021, 12:57 PM
Spyder Bite
Pro

Received 719 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by nova996
I think the lock to start build gap is a little longer now. Mine is 4 weeks, no PTS. I think others are reporting about the same for November and December builds.
Mine is 4 weeks as well with no PTS
Old 09-29-2021, 12:59 PM
Alpha Ice
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TXshaggy

Ahh yes, I forgot about my August Break in there.
Old 09-29-2021, 02:42 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,338 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
I'm not changing. I am excited about it even though my better half makes faces every time she hears the word green. lol I'm looking forward to having a unique and chameleon-like color.
My wife cringes at a green car as well. Until I show her some of the awesome greens that are out there. That Brewster Green BGTS from a few years ago was off the hook. The lighter greens do take some getting used to and I'm pretty sure I couldn't own one. But I sure do like looking at them.

How about this shade? Not sure what it is but dayum...

The following 7 users liked this post by SpyderSenseOC:
AdamIsAdam (09-29-2021), Dan Nagy (09-29-2021), flynlo (09-29-2021), leaf345 (09-29-2021), P-car-Vancouver (09-29-2021), StilettoPat (09-29-2021), TikiLou (09-29-2021) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-29-2021, 03:49 PM
Alpha Ice
Burning Brakes

I was theorizing in the 992 thread just now...that we could possibly see the SFL Conductor show up in Houston a bit before the 18th. It will of course depend on the busyness of the dock(s) and the amount of cars to unload. But the Siem Cicero took 19 days from Emden, to Davisville, to Houston. Bishu Highway took about 13 days from Emden to Halixfax, and is now in Davisville. and is slated to arrive into Houston in a week, again, approx 19 days, or a week from now.

My timeline/pattern is that the ships left on the 10th, 17th, and 24th, and arrive the 29th, 6th and possibly 13th? I realize that Jax can throw this out a bit, but even then, I wouldn't expect it to add 5-6 days like the ships plan states of the 18th. I'm hoping for an arrival on the 14/15th and then hopefully transport a week or so from Houston to my location in MN. I think it will be easier to nail down the timeline if/when it arrives to Davisillve, Baltimore in less than a week.
Old 09-29-2021, 03:51 PM
Alpha Ice
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
My wife cringes at a green car as well. Until I show her some of the awesome greens that are out there. That Brewster Green BGTS from a few years ago was off the hook. The lighter greens do take some getting used to and I'm pretty sure I couldn't own one. But I sure do like looking at them.

How about this shade? Not sure what it is but dayum...

That is beautiful, I'm really not good with my PTS, but it could be British Racing Green. I saw a similar Spyder with Brewster Green and that was lovely, but it didn't have this level of pop...of course everything has been touched up these days, so hard to tell. (at least with the brighter aurum throwing off the green).
The following 2 users liked this post by Alpha Ice:
P-car-Vancouver (09-29-2021), SpyderSenseOC (09-29-2021)
Old 09-29-2021, 05:40 PM
dichael
Instructor

Received 143 Likes on 77 Posts

Disregard!
Old 09-29-2021, 06:02 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,117 Posts

I was theorizing in the 992 thread just now...that we could possibly see the SFL Conductor show up in Houston a bit before the 18th. It will of course depend on the busyness of the dock(s) and the amount of cars to unload. But the Siem Cicero took 19 days from Emden, to Davisville, to Houston. Bishu Highway took about 13 days from Emden to Halixfax, and is now in Davisville. and is slated to arrive into Houston in a week, again, approx 19 days, or a week from now.

My timeline/pattern is that the ships left on the 10th, 17th, and 24th, and arrive the 29th, 6th and possibly 13th? I realize that Jax can throw this out a bit, but even then, I wouldn't expect it to add 5-6 days like the ships plan states of the 18th. I'm hoping for an arrival on the 14/15th and then hopefully transport a week or so from Houston to my location in MN. I think it will be easier to nail down the timeline if/when it arrives to Davisillve, Baltimore in less than a week.
The SFL Conductor was scheduled to arrive in Baltimore on October 11, and now it shows as October 3. One could expect it to show early.
Old 09-29-2021, 07:55 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 924 Posts

My GT4 is due to start production on Oct. 1st, should I be expecting an email from Porsche for "track your dream" and VIN#
TikiLou (09-29-2021)
Old 09-29-2021, 08:00 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by TRZ06
My GT4 is due to start production on Oct. 1st, should I be expecting an email from Porsche for "track your dream" and VIN#
It would seem so, but if you don’t, you might call Porsche to get the ball rolling. I had to do that to be enrolled for my 992 last year.
Old 09-29-2021, 09:15 PM
Lucent
Instructor

Received 159 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by servicemodel
Friend, my build is locking in about one week and I am going back and forth between carmine red and shark blue. I started with chalk, had a stint with python green, and considered lava orange, aventurine green and even frozen berry metallic. You can tell it's my first Porsche purchase. Perhaps you will go through the same process. I was able to find an allocation at the end of July and my lock date took about 2 months...and estimated delivery in December. From reading from other members here, that October allocation may not be guaranteed and the timeline has gotten worse, but I'm not sure.

As for your build, I think you definitely want to consider the GTS Interior package as your current build essentially has all of the components separately. The GTS Interior package (priced at $2160 + $3,690 = $5850) includes extended deviated stitching with chalk being an option - the other being carmine red which would match your interior, the carbon fiber trim, seat belts, GTS on the headrests, and red tachometer. My guess is that you really don't want the race-tex but I feel it matches well with the sports car concept of the GTS as it's not a luxury car. I'd also consider going 2-way instead of the 18-way as the seats will be the same just without all the extraneous adjustments. It's a pretty hefty upgrade but some will say they are critical. For the exterior, I like the subtle look of the satin black Porsche logo. I'd also get rid of the smartphone compartment since I doubt the "optimized reception and batter-savings" will be worth $560. The car comes with Apple Carplay already. A lot of these are personal choices but you asked for feedback! I had an initial build similar to yours and after a lot of reading, I ended up with these changes. Hope it helps.
Thanks for the guidance. I really wanted the ventilated seats but have decided I can live without them as people say the race-tex is quite cool. I switched over to the GTS interior. Since they added Carmine Red as an option for the deviated stitching I really like the package. I don't think it was there before. Not quite sold on the Red tach, but can deal with it. Still agonizing over the Bose versus a $3k upgrade to the Burmeister. At the moment leaning Bose. Getting close: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNWYN8T4
Delta-j (10-01-2021)
Old 09-29-2021, 09:55 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Received 367 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by TRZ06
As Dan Nagy said, you may need to call them. If you're not already, make sure you're registered with Porsche with the same email address your dealer has.

Then call Porsche and tell them you haven't gotten your "Track Your Dream" email yet. They should be able to open a ticket for you. I did this and got the email the next day.

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...