Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2022, 01:42 AM
JBSea
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 52 Posts
Default and I am outta here!

Took delivery of my first (last?) Porsche today at PEC LA where Charles and Andrew did a fantastic job and made it a great afternoon for my dad and I. My dad may never recover from the track time with Charles but he definitely will not forget!

I would be remiss not to thank the Rennlist community for all of the help, suggestions and insights over the last several months. People here have been great to this noob. I appreciate it and have enjoyed becoming a part of this community. In particular thanks to TXshaggy, Bradstyle, Omar and Dr. Jack (among others) for answering a lot of questions and sharing your enthusiasm. I cannot wait for the driving weather to get here and to get out of the road with some of you.

Now it is off to Moe's. If we can get a driver for the truck......

Last edited by JBSea; 01-08-2022 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Updates
The following 13 users liked this post by JBSea:
ausgang (01-08-2022), B-Rapid 718 (01-18-2022), Dan Nagy (01-08-2022), Guaji (01-08-2022), halfmonkey (01-08-2022), JBM718GTS (01-08-2022), MaddMike (01-08-2022), nova996 (01-08-2022), Spyder Bite (01-08-2022), TikiLou (01-13-2022), UncleDude (01-08-2022), Unstock (01-08-2022), Visceral (01-17-2022) and 8 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-08-2022, 08:01 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 3,970 Likes on 1,721 Posts

Originally Posted by JBSea
Took delivery of my first (last?) Porsche today at PEC LA where Charles and Andrew did a fantastic job and made it a great afternoon for my dad and I. My dad may never recover from the track time with Charles but he definitely will not forget!

I would be remiss not to thank the Rennlist community for all of the help, suggestions and insights over the last several months. People here have been great to this noob. I appreciate it and have enjoyed becoming a part of this community. In particular thanks to TXshaggy, Bradstyle, Omar and Dr. Jack (among others) for answering a lot of questions and sharing your enthusiasm. I cannot wait for the driving weather to get here and to get out of the road with some of you.

That GT Silver over red is fantastic! Shows off the car's lines so well. More pics please.

What is the date this left the factory exactly?
Old 01-08-2022, 10:09 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,642 Likes on 2,071 Posts

Awesome report and pics!

Congrats on exiting the waiting area.

Silver with red guts is an epic choice!

Post up some pics in the color thread.

Cheers

Shaggy

Edit; I see you already did—thanks.

Last edited by TXshaggy; 01-08-2022 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-08-2022, 12:13 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,801 Likes on 876 Posts

Beautiful. I just entered this purgatory. Love the color scheme.
Old 01-08-2022, 01:02 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,801 Likes on 876 Posts

Originally Posted by lnirenberg
Last word from dealer was 11/19 to dealer. Got a call yesterday that it showed up early, should have it Thursday or Friday.

First of these I've seen. Any FB Spyders out there?
Old 01-08-2022, 02:14 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Received 696 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by Delta-j
Super excited now that I see my build schedule which I just got hot off the press... and it looks like about a month earlier than originally thought. Although there's this, I don't know, "Covid" thing apparently going around....

it will be here before you know it!
The following users liked this post:
Delta-j (01-08-2022)
Old 01-08-2022, 02:18 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Originally Posted by B-Rapid 718
I have been lurking around this thread wondering if my SA will ever call me for an allocation. This will be my first Porsche and I’ve had my deposit since August 2021. Today I finally got the call. MSRP in the Bay Area is very difficult let alone actually even getting an allocation for a 718 GTS. So excited!
Congratulations! You won the Porsche lottery! For me it was 5 months from allocation (March 2021) to delivery (Aug 2021) for my BGTS.
Old 01-08-2022, 03:55 PM
JBSea
Instructor

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
That GT Silver over red is fantastic! Shows off the car's lines so well. More pics please.

What is the date this left the factory exactly?
Thank you. I am happy with it. Will post some additional pics soon and again when I get it back from PPF etc in a couple of weeks.

Honestly I do not know the exact date. The communication on the process was...shall we say less than ideal. And I never got invited to the Track Your Dream app. I got an email from Porsche (Not my SA) on Oct 11 saying that it had completed production. So probably the 9th or 10th of Oct. Then it was on the Felicity Ace that left in late Oct and arrived in Houston in early Nov. Then it went to PEC LA. They are really tight on their schedule. I was originally told it could be as late as MARCH of 2022 before I could get in for the full PEC LA delivery but when Jan 7th came open I grabbed it. Was a great way to do it.
AdamIsAdam (01-08-2022)
Old 01-08-2022, 03:56 PM
JBSea
Instructor

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Awesome report and pics!

Congrats on exiting the waiting area.

Silver with red guts is an epic choice!

Post up some pics in the color thread.

Cheers

Shaggy

Edit; I see you already did—thanks.
Thank you and thanks for all the help along the way!
Old 01-08-2022, 04:20 PM
nicholascanada
Pro

Received 274 Likes on 141 Posts

Lovely spec. I just changed my build to GT Silver and same interior, classic combo. I also had those wheels on my 911 and they are great. Enjoy in good health.
JBSea (01-09-2022)
Old 01-08-2022, 04:23 PM
nicholascanada
Pro

Received 274 Likes on 141 Posts

Still have not received my 2nd stage email like others have recently. Hopefully this week. I also made changes this week to my build and I hope that doesn’t mess timing up.
Old 01-08-2022, 04:48 PM
Delta-j
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by nicholascanada

Still have not received my 2nd stage email like others have recently. Hopefully this week. I also made changes this week to my build and I hope that doesn’t mess timing up.
The dates on my sheet are almost exactly one month earlier than yours, and I only got that email this past week, in case that helps.

The email was nice but getting that tracking sheet was way more valuable to me. I like to see an actual plan! I just wish I could log into that tracker myself so I could refresh it and update it every 25 minutes.
Old 01-08-2022, 05:07 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Originally Posted by nicholascanada

Originally Posted by Delta-j
The dates on my sheet are almost exactly one month earlier than yours, and I only got that email this past week, in case that helps.

The email was nice but getting that tracking sheet was way more valuable to me. I like to see an actual plan! I just wish I could log into that tracker myself so I could refresh it and update it every 25 minutes.
The screen shot of the PSVMS is much more accurate and useful. I never received my Stage 4 email from Porsche Canada and in the My Porsche app it still says my car is on the way to me and stuck at stage 3 (Your vehicle has been produced) even though it took delivery in Aug . I would just hound your SA every 2 weeks or so for updates. The dates do change. Mine changed several times up and down.
Delta-j (01-08-2022)
Old 01-08-2022, 05:54 PM
Growler48
Instructor

Received 179 Likes on 75 Posts

Congrats on a great looking car! I'm on the complete other end of the spectrum! My time will come. I just have to be patient!
JBSea (01-09-2022)
Old 01-08-2022, 06:06 PM
Growler48
Instructor

Received 179 Likes on 75 Posts

My wife and I drove 2 hours to Richmond, VA, yesterday to meet with my SA and go over my configuration. My build status is V200. Although it won't be locked down until the 25th, I'm pretty sure this is it. This is my first Porsche and I was so excited to spec my car! It's going to be hard to wait until April to get it! While there, I also arranged to have it wrapped in XPEL Stealth PPF and have XPEL window tint added before I even see it for the first time. I can't wait!

Here is my build. Any comments/thoughts are welcome: Growler's BGTS Configuration
The following 3 users liked this post by Growler48:
JBM718GTS (01-08-2022), JBSea (01-09-2022), nova996 (01-08-2022)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...