Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2021, 12:03 PM
Der Tgr
Rennlist Member

Received 306 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Fractal-Spyder
Paid another visit to my dealership today. Finished the second round (potentially final) of configuration. Fully loaded on everything that can be loaded onto classic Porsche interior. Deleted the supplemental safety bar paint, and also removed the PEC-ATL delivery due to horror stories about how much additional delays this is adding due to the delivery due to COVID and other logistical complications. Now the real wait begins. January production / end of Feb delivery. I am looking forward to tracking the build process w/ photos in January! Still on the fence regarding the Cxx / interior carbon trim. They're asking $5500. If the aluminum bits bother me that much, I figure I'd just order the parts and have a local body shop install them at a lower cost (not sure if it will be lower or not). Anyhoo, here she is. My dream Porsche (until the GT3 allocation . I appreciate all of your good advice & good taste.

The "aluminum bits" are not really aluminum bits.....they are plastic pieces that are painted an aluminum-ish silver color. I didn't expect it to bother me, but I admit, I have been looking at the brushed aluminum dash trim at Suncoast and thinking about a DYI changeout. The problem with that is that you cannot change the door trim pieces, from what I understand, due to challenges of door airbag proximity - AND, the fact that I have yet to be able to source brushed aluminum door trim. Someone recently shared pics of an upgrade he did to CF trim, but the door trim was only a shell attached with two sided tape, albeit a very good one. Hindsight being 20/20, I feel that I should've spec'ed the CF trim......YMMV.
Old 11-18-2021, 12:05 PM
Der Tgr
Rennlist Member

Received 306 Likes on 144 Posts

After spending $140K+ on the the Spyder, my attempt to shave off couple of grand on interior trim pieces has backfired... I am now finding out that while you can change out the interior aluminum pieces (dash & center console), the door trim pieces do not come off. If you want to replace them yourself, you have to somehow procure the entire door panel in order to get the carbon on there. That's only if you can even get the door panel in carbon (they'll likely check the vin before ordering). I guess I have no choice. Dealer is asking $5500 for Cxx option to do this. For those who were thinking in the same line as I was, it may be too much trouble to approach this as a DIY. I thought I'd share.
Ha! typing the same message concurrently.....
The following users liked this post:
Fractal-Spyder (11-18-2021)
Old 11-18-2021, 12:39 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 535 Posts

Originally Posted by servicemodel
I think I'm on a similar timeline as you. My production completion date was 11/12, but TYD did not update the status until yesterday. The car was actually completed on 11/11 and has been at Emden since 11/16. Good news is that my next step (On Vessel) shows that it will be on the SFL Conductor. Bad news is that the current estimated date is 12/03 and my delivery got pushed back by a week. When I look up the SFL Conductor I see that it's already at the Emden port. I'm not sure if that means it's making several trips before coming back on 12/03 or if there's a chance the car can get on this ship earlier.
Yesterday my Track Your Dementia completion dates and port entry dates were the same as yours. With a departure of 11/19 on the SFL Conductor and to arrive at the dealer on 12/17. Today it’s set for 1/7 at the dealer. This is the fifth round of Whack a Mole for me.🤣

Last edited by Alan C.; 11-18-2021 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-18-2021, 12:53 PM
Fractal-Spyder
Racer

Received 113 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Der Tgr
Ha! typing the same message concurrently.....
more bad news. My car which is a January production car will now be pushed out to April if I choose the Cxx option. This means June delivery (in a perfect supplychain situation) Porsche doesn't make it easy.

Dealer is trying to figure out if they can order the parts separately (assuming similar pricing) and keep the January production. I'm sure you all are getting tired of hearing this, so I'll post one more follow up on this issue once we finalize the plans today.
Old 11-18-2021, 01:38 PM
Spyder Bite
Pro

Received 719 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan C.
Yesterday my Track Your Dementia completion dates and port entry dates were the same as yours. With a departure of 11/19 on the SFL Conductor and to arrive at the dealer on 12/17. Today it’s set for 1/7 at the dealer. This is the fifth round of Whack a Mole for me.🤣
Track your Dementia
AdamIsAdam (11-18-2021)
Old 11-18-2021, 04:05 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 924 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeyspy
My boat Garnet Leader arrived at port of San Diego last Friday. Last stretch of waiting...

Hello ship mate, mine was on that ship too.

TYD just updated to show a dealer delivery of 11/26 into Beverly Hills Porsche for mine. The current status is PDI In.
Old 11-18-2021, 06:44 PM
devarenacn
Advanced

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Paid another visit to my dealership today. Finished the second round (potentially final) of configuration. Fully loaded on everything that can be loaded onto classic Porsche interior. Deleted the supplemental safety bar paint, and also removed the PEC-ATL delivery due to horror stories about how much additional delays this is adding due to the delivery due to COVID and other logistical complications. Now the real wait begins. January production / end of Feb delivery. I am looking forward to tracking the build process w/ photos in January! Still on the fence regarding the Cxx / interior carbon trim. They're asking $5500. If the aluminum bits bother me that much, I figure I'd just order the parts and have a local body shop install them at a lower cost (not sure if it will be lower or not). Anyhoo, here she is. My dream Porsche (until the GT3 allocation . I appreciate all of your good advice & good taste.

So based on what I heard from PCNA PEC ATL is in much better shape than PEC LA, as it's a bigger facility and have more delivery bays.
Fractal-Spyder (11-19-2021)
Old 11-18-2021, 10:41 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Well hells bells, TYD shows my car arrived at the dealer today and I just confirmed it with my SA.

I just bought a plane ticket for Dec. 4th based on TYD saying it would arrive on Nov. 26th.

At least it is safe at the dealer, but sucks I can't pick it up until the 4th.
The following 2 users liked this post by TRZ06:
ausgang (11-18-2021), StormRune (11-18-2021)
Old 11-18-2021, 10:43 PM
remington
Burning Brakes

Received 1,448 Likes on 517 Posts

Originally Posted by Der Tgr
The "aluminum bits" are not really aluminum bits.....they are plastic pieces that are painted an aluminum-ish silver color. I didn't expect it to bother me, but I admit, I have been looking at the brushed aluminum dash trim at Suncoast and thinking about a DYI changeout. The problem with that is that you cannot change the door trim pieces, from what I understand, due to challenges of door airbag proximity - AND, the fact that I have yet to be able to source brushed aluminum door trim. Someone recently shared pics of an upgrade he did to CF trim, but the door trim was only a shell attached with two sided tape, albeit a very good one. Hindsight being 20/20, I feel that I should've spec'ed the CF trim......YMMV.
Personally I like that base plastic trim better than any of the upgrade options. I have a feeling if that was given some cool name and it was an expensive option, people would opt for it. It looks good, it lightens up a dark cabin. I have it in my 981 and like it. It doesn't look any more plasticy than the carbon fiber trim option which totally looks like plastic.
AdamIsAdam (11-18-2021)
Old 11-18-2021, 11:00 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 3,970 Likes on 1,721 Posts

Originally Posted by TRZ06
Well hells bells, TYD shows my car arrived at the dealer today and I just confirmed it with my SA.

I just bought a plane ticket for Dec. 4th based on TYD saying it would arrive on Nov. 26th.

At least it is safe at the dealer, but sucks I can't pick it up until the 4th.
Change the flight. I bet you can get a refund with all the covid travel restrictions going on, and then buy a new ticket. It sure would be a nice Black Friday purchase! Or get it before Thanksgiving and go for a turkey day ride. Roads will be empty in the morning. Just saying.
Old 11-18-2021, 11:08 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
Change the flight. I bet you can get a refund with all the covid travel restrictions going on, and then buy a new ticket. It sure would be a nice Black Friday purchase! Or get it before Thanksgiving and go for a turkey day ride. Roads will be empty in the morning. Just saying.

If I was going solo I would do just that, but my g/f is coming with me and had to request the time off, so we are stuck with waiting.
Old 11-19-2021, 12:36 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 3,970 Likes on 1,721 Posts

Understood. You may have already said, but where is your road trip to/from?
Old 11-19-2021, 12:51 AM
servicemodel
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan C.
Looks like my vehicle made it on. Status changed to "On Vessel" just now. It previously had an estimate of 12/03. It also appears the SFL Conductor departed the port. Final delivery date is 01/07 but I'm now optimistic it will be earlier. Also some of the dates in the next few steps are all screwed up quoting October dates. Are you also on the same vessel?
GT4 Shark Blue (11-19-2021)
Old 11-19-2021, 01:13 AM
GT4 Shark Blue
Advanced

Received 85 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by servicemodel
Looks like my vehicle made it on. Status changed to "On Vessel" just now. It previously had an estimate of 12/03. It also appears the SFL Conductor departed the port. Final delivery date is 01/07 but I'm now optimistic it will be earlier. Also some of the dates in the next few steps are all screwed up quoting October dates. Are you also on the same vessel?
my car arrived at the port today. I was hoping it would get loaded. But it seems I missed the boat. I wonder which boat is next in line to deliver to Houston?
Old 11-19-2021, 01:20 AM
GT4 Shark Blue
Advanced

Received 85 Likes on 30 Posts

After spending $140K+ on the the Spyder, my attempt to shave off couple of grand on interior trim pieces has backfired... I am now finding out that while you can change out the interior aluminum pieces (dash & center console), the door trim pieces do not come off. If you want to replace them yourself, you have to somehow procure the entire door panel in order to get the carbon on there. That's only if you can even get the door panel in carbon (they'll likely check the vin before ordering). I guess I have no choice. Dealer is asking $5500 for Cxx option to do this. For those who were thinking in the same line as I was, it may be too much trouble to approach this as a DIY. I thought I'd share.
you need to look at the “what did you buy your 718 today” thread. Post #303 starts with your
solution.
Fractal-Spyder (11-19-2021)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...