Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2021, 08:28 AM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
HELP! I'm 2 weeks from locking in on my Aventurine Green CGTS4.0... and now I'm seeing all these Shark Blues and... WOW. Even my wife is getting in on the action: "That blue is hot!" But the Agate Gray is also sleek. I'm worried the AvGreen is not "the one." I'm open to public opinion:

Thoughts?

https://youtu.be/4TnnNZa2rvQ

https://youtu.be/8zgGOYpT0kI

or
https://youtu.be/KEQF7nA3VXE
or
https://youtu.be/WAKXbkxRtkM
You know my deal. I had my 992 built in Aventurine Green. I couldn’t stand it and sold the car. It’s a mind numbing blah color, neither green nor gray, more of a swamp color. I understand that people want their car not to stand out. My 991.2 was GT Silver - that’s a very nice choice - or black - or white - or any other color. I rarely write strong opinions, but here it is.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dan Nagy:
AdamIsAdam (10-08-2021), thesasquatch (10-08-2021)
Old 10-08-2021, 08:44 AM
Der Tgr
Rennlist Member

Received 306 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian4300
Hi guys, SA emailed me my GT4 has arrived so as of Saturday I graduate from waiting to an official Porsche GT owner. I will post photos once I get her.
Make sure your SA ensures all the chips are in it -- cars have been showing up at the dealer along with an accompanying "stop sale" notices due to lack of TPMS chips. I was lucky in that the chip arrived at the dealer the same day as my car - hope you are lucky too!
Old 10-08-2021, 08:56 AM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 361 Posts

HELP! I'm 2 weeks from locking in on my Aventurine Green CGTS4.0... and now I'm seeing all these Shark Blues and... WOW. Even my wife is getting in on the action: "That blue is hot!" But the Agate Gray is also sleek. I'm worried the AvGreen is not "the one." I'm open to public opinion:

Thoughts?

or
or
My stop-sale car was aventurine green. It’s a really subtle color and even being focused on that color there were times I couldn’t tell if a car was Aventurine Green or Agate Grey. I liked the look of that car but I added Satin Aurum wheels and Black/Bordeaux interior to liven it up. While I did like the car I ultimately decided I wanted something that was unquestionably green. So I stripped 18 way seats, navigation and $1,500 of other useless options off and got PTS. The MSRP went up only $2,000. The next one will be Porsche Racing Green Metallic.
The following users liked this post:
P-car-Vancouver (10-08-2021)
Old 10-08-2021, 09:00 AM
Der Tgr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Reedy
What's the TPMS module that is in short supply at the moment? Is it the receiver for the car, or the modules for the wheels that they don't have?
I know that on mine which was delivered to me a couple of weeks ago now, it was the module that communicates with the sensors. Tires had the sensors from the factory, as far as I know.
Old 10-08-2021, 09:03 AM
Der Tgr
Rennlist Member

Thoughts?

or
or
Your car, of course....but I would opt for the AviGreen. It is sleek, sexy, classy and as pointed out already less common than the others. You can't go wrong with any of the colors though! Tough decision!!

Last edited by Der Tgr; 10-08-2021 at 09:03 AM. Reason: fixed typo
Old 10-08-2021, 09:40 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 359 Posts

I went out for an early breakfast out this morning and just had to swing by the dealer to see if they put it in the windows on the 6th floor of the dealership like I guessed. And there it is, parked next to a Miami Blue GT4 it appears. I think I could hear it calling to me

The photos were taken from a distance without a proper zoom so they are pretty grainy.

The following 5 users liked this post by StormRune:
Delta-j (10-08-2021), Lucent (10-08-2021), paffinity (10-08-2021), Spyder Bite (10-08-2021), UncleDude (10-08-2021)
Old 10-08-2021, 10:38 AM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

I added red to the mix.

Yes, grays and silvers show off the car's lines well. But blend.

I'm leaning towards blue or red now. Wife agrees. We'll sleep on it.

My SA gave me screen shot showing I lock on 10/21 which agreed with the app at the time. I emailed him to verify tomorrow.

If you’re adding red, I’d highly recommend Carmine Red. Another color that must be seen in person. Nothing wrong with Guards, but Carmine really is a very classy color that stands out just enough.

I also think the shark blue likely goes better with the GT cars since they have bolder styling. I started this journey wanting a GTS. And when I was in that arena my top choices were chalk and carmine red. And I gotta be honest…had carmine red been available on the Spyder, I would have had a really hard time not choosing it. Very glad I ended up where I did with Shark Blue though.

Last edited by flynlo; 10-08-2021 at 10:49 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by flynlo:
P-car-Vancouver (10-08-2021), StormRune (10-08-2021)
Old 10-08-2021, 10:45 AM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fastb4ck
Random question, for the non pdls headlights, is the housing still black?
I went with non PDLS and was stressing out about the black issue like you must be doing. My take on it?? Not an issue at all. I have shark blue with black washers and black door handles and blacked out PORSCHE across the back. IOW, a blue/black theme. My choice of base lights did not kill the theme/look at all. They look perfectly fine.
Old 10-08-2021, 10:49 AM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Oddly, the SFL Conductor is moored again in Jacksonville. It left last evening and back in last night. Strange. And sorry to the Houston folks.

Last edited by Dan Nagy; 10-08-2021 at 11:18 AM.
Alpha Ice (10-08-2021)
Old 10-08-2021, 10:55 AM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

For people with cars at the dealer with no TPMS, make sure that your SA checks to see if a module has been assigned to your VIN. They can see that information. If so, then it should be a “few days”. If not, the delivery date of your car is obviously imminent but it is completely unknown. So just ask if a module has been assigned to your VIN.
Old 10-08-2021, 11:13 AM
enduro
Burning Brakes

Received 607 Likes on 350 Posts

Sad they can't deliver without TPMS. Somehow people managed to drive for ~100 years without it.
The following 2 users liked this post by enduro:
TikiLou (10-08-2021), UncleDude (10-08-2021)
Old 10-08-2021, 11:20 AM
thesasquatch
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Adam,

My thoughts are of some value to you I think.. I just sold my 992 C4S in Aventurine Green. I've never been a green car (or green as a color in general) person. But I really was enamored by it so I decided to "be bold" and go with it because it had just come out in 2019 when I was ordering.
Well, I had the car for about a year and a half and, when I had it in for service, my rep came up to me and asked if I wanted to sell it. They offered me what I paid for it so I let it go.

Thoughts on the color.. it's ironic that I just read your message this morning.. because I've spent the past week reading this forum and am realizing what I missed with the car. Yes, it was extremely classy and sexy looking. But there was a HUGE part of ME that was missing. I'm also not a "loud" guy. I'm about 50 and one of those people who doesn't like to really be noticed. So, for me, Shark Blue is also a bit extreme-- but I think I'd choose it over the green just for the fun / "pazazz" factor alone. I realized that the time that matters most for me is when I open the garage door and stare at it. I didn't ever really go OH DAMN I LOVE THAT THING. I always opened the garage and thought "that is such a classy Carrera". lol

The reason I realized this missing piece is something that might not make sense to others but.. I just got a Chalk Macan (with gloss black trim) this week. When I open the garage door and stared out in to the garage at it the first time, my first thought was "why didn't I get my C4S this color?". Granted, everyone has been doing Chalk like crazy so, at the time, there was no way I would've done it. But, just seeing and realizing what that color (and others) do to your excitement and "love" level, made me realize that, while Aventurine is really a neat color, it doesn't do what a Cayman or Boxster (or Carrera) should to your senses and emotions.

... my .02.

Good Luck.
The following 3 users liked this post by thesasquatch:
Delta-j (10-08-2021), flynlo (10-08-2021), TikiLou (10-08-2021)
Old 10-08-2021, 11:24 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,040 Likes on 1,750 Posts

Thanks for the replies. It helps, as you all know. I'm leaning towards Shark Blue now. I also love how limited it is.

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
You know my deal. I had my 992 built in Aventurine Green. I couldn’t stand it and sold the car. It’s a mind numbing blah color, neither green nor gray, more of a swamp color. I understand that people want their car not to stand out. My 991.2 was GT Silver - that’s a very nice choice - or black - or white - or any other color. I rarely write strong opinions, but here it is.
Appreciate the share. I agree and feared I would not love the AvGreen color forever. And definitely won't stand out. I love silver, but also doesn't stand out.

Originally Posted by sanderabernathy
My stop-sale car was aventurine green. It’s a really subtle color and even being focused on that color there were times I couldn’t tell if a car was Aventurine Green or Agate Grey. I liked the look of that car but I added Satin Aurum wheels and Black/Bordeaux interior to liven it up. While I did like the car I ultimately decided I wanted something that was unquestionably green. So I stripped 18 way seats, navigation and $1,500 of other useless options off and got PTS. The MSRP went up only $2,000. The next one will be Porsche Racing Green Metallic.
Exactly, can't tell AvGree apart from Agate at times. I thought it was just me.

Originally Posted by flynlo
If you’re adding red, I’d highly recommend Carmine Red. Another color that must be seen in person. Nothing wrong with Guards, but Carmine really is a very classy color that stands out just enough.

I also think the shark blue likely goes better with the GT cars since they have bolder styling. I started this journey wanting a GTS. And when I was in that arena my top choices were chalk and carmine red. And I gotta be honest…had carmine red been available on the Spyder, I would have had a really hard time not choosing it. Very glad I ended up where I did with Shark Blue though.
Yea, the GT car thing is an issue. I may add stript "GTS" letters on the doors to make the car more bold, actually.

flynlo (10-08-2021)
Old 10-08-2021, 11:29 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,040 Likes on 1,750 Posts

Originally Posted by thesasquatch
Adam,

My thoughts are of some value to you I think.. I just sold my 992 C4S in Aventurine Green. I've never been a green car (or green as a color in general) person. But I really was enamored by it so I decided to "be bold" and go with it because it had just come out in 2019 when I was ordering.
Well, I had the car for about a year and a half and, when I had it in for service, my rep came up to me and asked if I wanted to sell it. They offered me what I paid for it so I let it go.

Thoughts on the color.. it's ironic that I just read your message this morning.. because I've spent the past week reading this forum and am realizing what I missed with the car. Yes, it was extremely classy and sexy looking. But there was a HUGE part of ME that was missing. I'm also not a "loud" guy. I'm about 50 and one of those people who doesn't like to really be noticed. So, for me, Shark Blue is also a bit extreme-- but I think I'd choose it over the green just for the fun / "pazazz" factor alone. I realized that the time that matters most for me is when I open the garage door and stare at it. I didn't ever really go OH DAMN I LOVE THAT THING. I always opened the garage and thought "that is such a classy Carrera". lol

The reason I realized this missing piece is something that might not make sense to others but.. I just got a Chalk Macan (with gloss black trim) this week. When I open the garage door and stared out in to the garage at it the first time, my first thought was "why didn't I get my C4S this color?". Granted, everyone has been doing Chalk like crazy so, at the time, there was no way I would've done it. But, just seeing and realizing what that color (and others) do to your excitement and "love" level, made me realize that, while Aventurine is really a neat color, it doesn't do what a Cayman or Boxster (or Carrera) should to your senses and emotions.

... my .02.

Good Luck.
That's a very good reply and I think you're right. Yesterday I was at the dealership checking out two friends' cars that just arrived (Chalk GTS and Slate Gray PTS GT4 - AMAZING!). While there I noticed a new GT3 so we went over to check it out. I was standing there taking a few pics for a several minutes before I realized the 911 next to me was Aventurine Green! I didn't even notice it! I told that story to my wife and she just said: "SEE! That's my point."

I love looking at my cars as much as I do driving them.

I think I'm sold. Shark Blue it is! Where is that Configurator Link...
The following 5 users liked this post by AdamIsAdam:
Delta-j (10-08-2021), flynlo (10-08-2021), StormRune (10-08-2021), thesasquatch (10-08-2021), TikiLou (10-08-2021)
Old 10-08-2021, 12:05 PM
Spyder Bite
Pro

Received 719 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
I went out for an early breakfast out this morning and just had to swing by the dealer to see if they put it in the windows on the 6th floor of the dealership like I guessed. And there it is, parked next to a Miami Blue GT4 it appears. I think I could hear it calling to me

The photos were taken from a distance without a proper zoom so they are pretty grainy.

Come to Papa!
Delta-j (10-08-2021)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...