Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Stop Sale on 718 GTS, Spyder & GT4

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2021 | 10:17 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Alan C.
I was a bit worried about ordering Shark Blue having never been able to see it in person. However, after seeing it in person on a GT3 I really liked it. I’ve been a Red, Black or White person for 90 percent of the Porsches I’ve owned. No regrets on having ordered Shark Blue on my incoming GT4.
Shark Blue is an amazing color and just last week I confirmed that it's actually VW's Cornflower Blue, which was offered on the GTI Rabbit and other GTIs. Confirmation came from a info sticker I saw on a brand new, just off the boat, TTS, which labeled it one of the names followed immediately in parentheses by the other.
Old 10-31-2021 | 10:26 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

I stopped by a VW dealership. I ordered my car in Shark Blue based only on internet pics. This was the first car I saw in person. All I know is that it better look better on a sports car than this VW!

This is what I ordered sans black door handles:

The following users liked this post:
Susan Schneider (11-01-2021)
Old 11-01-2021 | 05:42 AM
Sanjaghak
Advanced

Hi, my Spyder is finally at the dealership. It still needs paint correction and few other things taken care off.
one thing that I noticed on my car is there is crack like (not a crack but deformation that looks like one) going all the way across the top windshield roof gasket. Is it something normal or I should ask dealer to change it. I watches few roof mechanism video on YouTube and could not notice these sort of cosmetic imperfection on that gasket.
Also, is there a checklist or something like that for these engine swapped cars to look after before taking delivery?

Last edited by Sanjaghak; 11-01-2021 at 06:13 AM.
Old 11-01-2021 | 10:13 AM
Susan Schneider
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sanjaghak
Hi, my Spyder is finally at the dealership. It still needs paint correction and few other things taken care off.
one thing that I noticed on my car is there is crack like (not a crack but deformation that looks like one) going all the way across the top windshield roof gasket. Is it something normal or I should ask dealer to change it. I watches few roof mechanism video on YouTube and could not notice these sort of cosmetic imperfection on that gasket.
Also, is there a checklist or something like that for these engine swapped cars to look after before taking delivery?

I would definitely talk to them about it.
Old 11-01-2021 | 10:16 AM
Susan Schneider
Instructor

Originally Posted by ccp
Just out of curiosity, how are you getting these updates? is there someone at PCNA who you can contact directly?

all I know so far is that my dealer/SA has heard something re:”they’ve started working on it” but I haven’t heard anything in the realm of an estimate…
Could it be your engine is sitting off the coast of CA with all those container ships waiting to port? I have heard and read it’s pretty bad out there.
Old 11-01-2021 | 10:32 AM
Susan Schneider
Instructor

Originally Posted by OttoBozart
I went into the dealership and drove a 718 Boxster S. Liked the car and torque but as a 930 airhead owner, I couldn’t get my head around the engines’ soundtrack.

SA told me they might have a GTS available but he wasn’t sure. I followed up on the GTS and put a deposit down. I originally thought it was held up by chip issues, only after reading this thread and others did I realize it was a stop sale.

Car has been released from Jacksonville and is now at the dealership. Others here have stated that the engine sticker and eight year warranty are Porsche generated, not the dealership. Dealership management might be trying to persuade me to drop the purchase so they can improve their margins.

I’ll keep you all posted.
The compensation package went to the original buyer. If they backed out, the only thing that should come with the car is the 8 year warranty. Which SA did you speak with there?
Old 11-01-2021 | 02:21 PM
Paiceyfan
Racer

Originally Posted by Paiceyfan
I agree that weather may have been a factor in getting east coast cars done first...I am convinced that was their methodology. Talking of weather, I need to get my car through one of the passes here in Oregon before the really bad weather hits and time is running out. Fortunately, it's wet here and not icy right now, so I am hoping things move fast, now the car is released.
Car is at the dealership! Looks like it took some time to get from Benicia, California to Bend, Oregon, but finally there...looking to pickup on Wednesday, if all goes well. Keeping an eye on the weather, though!
The following 7 users liked this post by Paiceyfan:
GarrettGTS (11-04-2021), halfmonkey (11-01-2021), needmoregarage (11-01-2021), popscotty (11-01-2021), psuwcc112 (11-01-2021), slilley (11-02-2021), UncleDude (11-01-2021) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-01-2021 | 05:26 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sanjaghak

Mine looks exactly like that as well so curious if other Spyder owners see the same thing?
Old 11-03-2021 | 05:11 AM
johnycarrera
Advanced

Originally Posted by puccibuy
Hi ya,

Did your OPC replace the engine or was it a rebuild? I am let to believe they (Porsche A.G) only gives the extended engine warranty on cars with engines replaced (ie. customers' cars), and no extended warranty on cars that only have their engines rebuilt. for cars affected by this recall in the UK.

Thanks

Alex
Hi Alex sorry for the delayed reply.

mine was a rebuild and the warranty was definitely doubled from 3 years to 6. I have this via email, but Porsche say the extended warranty will only show on their system once all the cars have been completed.

I’m not actually aware of anyone in the U.K. who got a replacement engine. That would be interesting to hear as we were all discouraged from taking a replacement with no timescales attached.

I’m happy with my build so far, I’ve driven the car hard on road and track and the engine sounds great and feels really strong to the red line (so far!)

cheers

John
Old 11-04-2021 | 01:28 AM
Paiceyfan
Racer

Car is at the dealership! Looks like it took some time to get from Benicia, California to Bend, Oregon, but finally there...looking to pickup on Wednesday, if all goes well. Keeping an eye on the weather, though!
Got it! Drove the car through the Santium Pass and the weather was perfect. Man, that auto-blip is heaven, cylinder deactivation...not so much.

Apparently, this was the dealership's only GTS 4.0 allocation and they had several offers for it while it was there for three days. The car does have some minor chip damage, very small.

Also, they had two GT3s there today...one Shark Blue, one GT Silver, I think. Already taken.

My 981S is now part of their inventory, with a clear engine cover and bronze plenum covers, if you know someone who is interested.
The following 4 users liked this post by Paiceyfan:
GarrettGTS (11-04-2021), popscotty (11-04-2021), slilley (11-04-2021), UncleDude (11-04-2021)
Old 11-04-2021 | 01:37 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Got it! Drove the car through the Santium Pass and the weather was perfect. Man, that auto-blip is heaven, cylinder deactivation...not so much.

Apparently, this was the dealership's only GTS 4.0 allocation and they had several offers for it while it was there for three days. The car does have some minor chip damage, very small.

Also, they had two GT3s there today...one Shark Blue, one GT Silver, I think. Already taken.

My 981S is now part of their inventory, with a clear engine cover and bronze plenum covers, if you know someone who is interested.
Pics or it didn't happen.
Old 11-04-2021 | 01:47 AM
Paiceyfan
Racer

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
I could see that coming 😀...in time, my friend, in time...
Old 11-04-2021 | 01:50 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
Yep, no pictures and we are can only wait so long...
Old 11-04-2021 | 01:56 AM
Paiceyfan
Racer

This is all I can show for now...heading to bed...🌛
The following 8 users liked this post by Paiceyfan:
GarrettGTS (11-04-2021), halfmonkey (11-04-2021), needmoregarage (11-05-2021), P-car-Vancouver (11-04-2021), popscotty (11-04-2021), psuwcc112 (11-04-2021), slilley (11-04-2021), Westcoast (11-04-2021) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-04-2021 | 02:16 AM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

It only gets better!
The following 2 users liked this post by UncleDude:
P-car-Vancouver (11-04-2021), Paiceyfan (11-05-2021)

Quick Reply: Stop Sale on 718 GTS, Spyder & GT4