Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Stop Sale on 718 GTS, Spyder & GT4

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2021, 12:08 PM
ccp
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I’m still waiting albeit my order lock date was 1st wk of Jan…so later than you guys I suspect
Old 10-27-2021, 12:29 PM
psuwcc112
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Mdrury
I've just recently received an update that informs me that my vehicle will NOT be completed in October. Next estimate is November 5th.

I have had the growing suspicion for some time that the often stated position that we will receive our vehicles in sequence related to order date has been abandoned and that a decision has been taken by PCNA to phase the US orders by geography ( East to West ).
Anecdotal evidence from this thread suggests that Benicia did not even start until September..

I'm in the process of making a case to PCNA that not only should they explain themselves more fully, but also consider repairing the damage to their reputation and the brand which has diminished the entire experience for us.
To me, it is less a case of further financial compensation (although I'm unlikely to refuse that) and more a case of a lost summer of driving what promises to be a fabulous driver's car.

I'm pleased for those who have actually taken possession of their vehicle, but I would like your feedback if you are still waiting on a Benicia shipment affected by the Stop Sale.

Who is still waiting?
What would make it right?

Thanks in advance
I was told by PCNA on Monday where my engine completion date has been pushed out from Nov 1st to Nov 10th with some unknown hold back at the port. And your suspicion is more likely correct they have been handle the whole situation regionally instead base on the order number as they promised and they did not start fixing cars at Benicia until late Sept. They created this chaotic nightmare themself because both engine and stickers are sitting at the port but does not enough man power at the port to do the swap. Because I suspect they receive all the engines at once in Benicia. Sure, another 10 days delay doesn't seem much out of 7+ months into this matter however I just do not have faith if they can up held the new date again. We will be looking at mid Nov pickup at best and the previous compensation does not seems all that fair compared to those already picking up their car in Sept or Oct.

I also made a new case with PCNA, I can share my conversation and feedback from PCNA with you privately since i think this should only matter to those of us will have the cars completed beyond on Nov or beyond.

Last edited by psuwcc112; 10-27-2021 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-27-2021, 12:33 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

I've just recently received an update that informs me that my vehicle will NOT be completed in October. Next estimate is November 5th.

I have had the growing suspicion for some time that the often stated position that we will receive our vehicles in sequence related to order date has been abandoned and that a decision has been taken by PCNA to phase the US orders by geography ( East to West ).
Anecdotal evidence from this thread suggests that Benicia did not even start until September..

I'm in the process of making a case to PCNA that not only should they explain themselves more fully, but also consider repairing the damage to their reputation and the brand which has diminished the entire experience for us.
To me, it is less a case of further financial compensation (although I'm unlikely to refuse that) and more a case of a lost summer of driving what promises to be a fabulous driver's car.

I'm pleased for those who have actually taken possession of their vehicle, but I would like your feedback if you are still waiting on a Benicia shipment affected by the Stop Sale.

Who is still waiting?

Thanks in advance
This is quite possible as maybe they originally had planned for completion by expected delivery date but since abandoned that because of all of the delays occurring at ports around the country. With the delays, it's possible that PAG and PCNA decided to fix the cars going east to west since as you mentioned, many folks on the east coast with lose driving days as winter approaches whereas folks on the west coast don't really have to deal with losing driving days since our weather is more fair.
The following users liked this post:
Susan Schneider (11-01-2021)
Old 10-27-2021, 12:53 PM
Paiceyfan
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 140 Posts

I agree that weather may have been a factor in getting east coast cars done first...I am convinced that was their methodology. Talking of weather, I need to get my car through one of the passes here in Oregon before the really bad weather hits and time is running out. Fortunately, it's wet here and not icy right now, so I am hoping things move fast, now the car is released.
The following 2 users liked this post by Paiceyfan:
GTEE4.0 (10-28-2021), popscotty (10-27-2021)
Old 10-27-2021, 08:07 PM
GTEE4.0
Intermediate

Received 49 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by psuwcc112
I was told by PCNA on Monday where my engine completion date has been pushed out from Nov 1st to Nov 10th with some unknown hold back at the port. And your suspicion is more likely correct they have been handle the whole situation regionally instead base on the order number as they promised and they did not start fixing cars at Benicia until late Sept. They created this chaotic nightmare themself because both engine and stickers are sitting at the port but does not enough man power at the port to do the swap. Because I suspect they receive all the engines at once in Benicia. Sure, another 10 days delay doesn't seem much out of 7+ months into this matter however I just do not have faith if they can up held the new date again. We will be looking at mid Nov pickup at best and the previous compensation does not seems all that fair compared to those already picking up their car in Sept or Oct.

I also made a new case with PCNA, I can share my conversation and feedback from PCNA with you privately since i think this should only matter to those of us will have the cars completed beyond on Nov or beyond.
This has become frustrating, I also opened another case with PCNA. I was informed that my engine was swapped at the port of San Diego on 10/15. However the car is still at port waiting for stickers as of today. I don’t know how these stickers take weeks. And not to rain on the party but I would be so optimistic they have the stickers in port because mine were not. I have now booked and moved several different flights to pick up my car as well as moving my PPF installer 3 times. I wish Porsche could just give a real date and when our cars will be available. Hope you all get yours soon. I’m two weeks into waiting for a sticker. I have asked for additional compensation as well!

Good Luck!
psuwcc112 (10-27-2021)
Old 10-28-2021, 12:45 PM
johnycarrera
Advanced

Received 172 Likes on 39 Posts

I’m glad I got my car after a mere 5 month wait and have been enjoying it past 3 months, we got zero compensation in the U.K.

I fought and argued for more than the one year warranty extension to total 4, we were eventually given a total of 6 years after our rebuilds, but not a bean of goodwill or even a kind word or sorry from Porsche U.K. or even the dealers!

Car is great though now I’ve put a handling kit on it to adjust toe and camber properly.
The following 4 users liked this post by johnycarrera:
GTEE4.0 (10-28-2021), needmoregarage (10-28-2021), popscotty (10-28-2021), Ramon Vennik (10-28-2021)
Old 10-29-2021, 08:19 AM
puccibuy
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnycarrera
I’m glad I got my car after a mere 5 month wait and have been enjoying it past 3 months, we got zero compensation in the U.K.

I fought and argued for more than the one year warranty extension to total 4, we were eventually given a total of 6 years after our rebuilds, but not a bean of goodwill or even a kind word or sorry from Porsche U.K. or even the dealers!

Car is great though now I’ve put a handling kit on it to adjust toe and camber properly.

Hi ya,

Did your OPC replace the engine or was it a rebuild? I am let to believe they (Porsche A.G) only gives the extended engine warranty on cars with engines replaced (ie. customers' cars), and no extended warranty on cars that only have their engines rebuilt. for cars affected by this recall in the UK.

Thanks

Alex
Old 10-29-2021, 12:30 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,739 Likes on 2,756 Posts

Originally Posted by puccibuy
Hi ya,

Did your OPC replace the engine or was it a rebuild? I am let to believe they (Porsche A.G) only gives the extended engine warranty on cars with engines replaced (ie. customers' cars), and no extended warranty on cars that only have their engines rebuilt. for cars affected by this recall in the UK.

Thanks

Alex
Geeze, you think it would be the other way around...
The following 2 users liked this post by Westcoast:
UncleDude (10-29-2021), Z06jerry (10-29-2021)
Old 10-30-2021, 02:00 AM
SpyderG
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 3 Posts

So this just happened today…

The following 8 users liked this post by SpyderG:
halfmonkey (10-30-2021), jeanrabelais (11-03-2021), needmoregarage (10-30-2021), nothingman (10-31-2021), P-car-Vancouver (10-31-2021), Paiceyfan (10-30-2021), popscotty (10-30-2021), UncleDude (10-30-2021) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-30-2021, 02:20 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,066 Likes on 1,761 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderG
So this just happened today…

SWEET 👍 More pics. Do you love the shark blue? I went to vw and saw cornstarch or whatever it's called, on an SUV and, well, I'm worried. So tell me, does it look great on a P car? Looks good in your pic!
Susan Schneider (11-01-2021)
Old 10-30-2021, 02:42 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,061 Likes on 547 Posts

I was a bit worried about ordering Shark Blue having never been able to see it in person. However, after seeing it in person on a GT3 I really liked it. I’ve been a Red, Black or White person for 90 percent of the Porsches I’ve owned. No regrets on having ordered Shark Blue on my incoming GT4.
AdamIsAdam (10-30-2021)
Old 10-30-2021, 02:45 AM
SpyderG
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 3 Posts

It’s actually PTS Arrow blue and I love the color. Didn’t take a ton of pictures today - will do some proper pictures after PPF goes on! It’s one of those colors that changes depending on lighting.

Last edited by SpyderG; 10-30-2021 at 03:41 AM.
The following 8 users liked this post by SpyderG:
AdamIsAdam (10-30-2021), halfmonkey (10-30-2021), JBM718GTS (10-30-2021), needmoregarage (10-30-2021), Noah Fect (10-30-2021), P-car-Vancouver (10-31-2021), popscotty (10-30-2021), Susan Schneider (11-01-2021) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-31-2021, 02:29 AM
ccp
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Just out of curiosity, how are you getting these updates? is there someone at PCNA who you can contact directly?

all I know so far is that my dealer/SA has heard something re:”they’ve started working on it” but I haven’t heard anything in the realm of an estimate…

Who is still waiting?

Thanks in advance
Old 10-31-2021, 07:28 AM
popscotty
AutoX

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

A short interesting story... My order was locked in Oct. 2020. A friend of mine waited months after that for an allocation. Finally got one for a 2022. His arrived at the Dealer (through Benicia) one day after my stop sale car was delivered to the Dealer. It would have been good if our cars could have been re-issued as 2022's. Oh well, I'm excited to pick it up this coming week.
The following 3 users liked this post by popscotty:
Dan Nagy (11-05-2021), P-car-Vancouver (10-31-2021), Susan Schneider (11-01-2021)
Old 10-31-2021, 12:32 PM
Mdrury
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ccp
Just out of curiosity, how are you getting these updates? is there someone at PCNA who you can contact directly?

all I know so far is that my dealer/SA has heard something re:”they’ve started working on it” but I haven’t heard anything in the realm of an estimate…
Sorry to disappoint , but there's no "special sauce" or an "inside guy" that's getting me updates. I'm just using means which are open to all. It's easier to work your way down an organization with help on the way rather that trying to escalate upwards. Also I have a very supportive SA at my Dealership.

Regards

Quick Reply: Stop Sale on 718 GTS, Spyder & GT4