Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Stop Sale on 718 GTS, Spyder & GT4

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2021, 06:56 AM
Susan Schneider
Instructor

Received 192 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Paiceyfan

This is all I can show for now...heading to bed...🌛
Congratulations!!🎈🍾🎉
Old 11-05-2021, 09:39 AM
Paiceyfan
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Susan Schneider
Congratulations!!🎈🍾🎉
Thanks Susan...how are you loving your car?
Old 11-05-2021, 10:44 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,066 Likes on 1,761 Posts

I think we need video reviews from owners about their cars. Nothing Doug DeMuro quality, but a few walk-arounds and a quick drive would be cool. Plus, it would be fun to see each of you with big smiles on your faces! Those of us waiting for our cars need to live vicariously through you!
The following users liked this post:
P-car-Vancouver (11-05-2021)
Old 11-05-2021, 11:31 AM
dicker
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Anyone in the US hear about an affected car not coming with the extended engine warranty? Trying to help a friend buy a con rod car (full engine replacement) from a dealer, and the dealer did not know about the warranty extension, and after looking into it and talking to their PCNA rep said that the car doesn't come with an extension.
Old 11-05-2021, 11:42 AM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,498 Likes on 2,253 Posts

Originally Posted by dicker
Anyone in the US hear about an affected car not coming with the extended engine warranty? Trying to help a friend buy a con rod car (full engine replacement) from a dealer, and the dealer did not know about the warranty extension, and after looking into it and talking to their PCNA rep said that the car doesn't come with an extension.
I believe dealer ordered cars are treated differently. I know in Canada they got put to the end of the line, and were not given new engines (rod repair), and given that there is no customer involved maybe the warranty was not extended. That would be the only scenario where it would make sense to me.
Old 11-05-2021, 12:39 PM
popscotty
AutoX

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Mission Accomplished

Picked my BGTS up yesterday. Didn't take it past 5000 RPM, but the sound is Glorious compared to my 981S. My dealer, who has been tremendous, said the warranty is attached to the VIN and I will receive an acknowledgement directly from PCNA. This is not a huge step up from my 981S, but the wait was worth it! Pics attached for proof. Excuse the messy garage. The empty space tended to fill up.
Attached Images    
The following 9 users liked this post by popscotty:
Dan Nagy (11-05-2021), fiorentm (11-05-2021), halfmonkey (11-05-2021), P-car-Vancouver (11-05-2021), slilley (11-07-2021), Spyder Bite (11-05-2021), UncleDude (11-05-2021), Westcoast (11-05-2021), YetiMan (11-09-2021) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-05-2021, 12:46 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by popscotty
Picked my BGTS up yesterday. Didn't take it past 5000 RPM, but the sound is Glorious compared to my 981S. My dealer, who has been tremendous, said the warranty is attached to the VIN and I will receive an acknowledgement directly from PCNA. This is not a huge step up from my 981S, but the wait was worth it! Pics attached for proof. Excuse the messy garage. The empty space tended to fill up.
Congrats! I'm sure it feels good to finally hear the engine wind out at least to 5000 rpm for now. BTW, is that guards red or carmine red?
Old 11-05-2021, 12:59 PM
popscotty
AutoX

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

It's Carmine Red, but cellphones and bad lighting make it more orange
Old 11-05-2021, 03:55 PM
Susan Schneider
Instructor

Congratulations 🎉🎊🍾
Old 11-05-2021, 04:18 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

It's Carmine Red, but cellphones and bad lighting make it more orange
Guards Red is a nice color but it's a little more of an orangey red in some lighting conditions. Carmine Red is a nice dark, rich, blood red and seems to always show as red in all lighting conditions. Just seems to either be red or maybe a little darker red. Congrats and enjoy the many miles of smiles!
Old 11-05-2021, 06:28 PM
Susan Schneider
Instructor

Originally Posted by OttoBozart
Hello All

Please help me out here:

I recently put a deposit on a BGTS 4.0 and it finally made it to the dealership via the port of Jacksonville.
My dealership is telling me that there isn’t a certificate of engine swap and that it doesn’t matter that the engine isn’t the same as the one supplied in the Fatherland. Plus they are saying its a four year warranty and they are not aware of an eight year warranty on the engine.

They are looking into my inquiries and are now asking if its a deal breaker if they can’t provide the documentation and warranty that I’m requesting as per posts on this thread.

Your thoughts and any proof that I can use to support my position will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
you need to check the vin number on the engine. if there is no vin cert then it’s not part of the stop sale. If the engine were replaced it would be a different vin number hence also need the vin cert to match the new engine vin number. Hope this helps.
Old 11-05-2021, 07:46 PM
johnycarrera
Advanced

Received 172 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
I think we need video reviews from owners about their cars. Nothing Doug DeMuro quality, but a few walk-arounds and a quick drive would be cool. Plus, it would be fun to see each of you with big smiles on your faces! Those of us waiting for our cars need to live vicariously through you!
sorry no video review, I’ve had my car since 31st July, car is great, but a bit flawed, front end is amazing but rear end is not so good.

I actually think the GT4 is over tyred (tired for USA) for anything other than nice dry tarmac. Also there is virtually no rear end adjustment for toe and camber like the 911.
I have added adjustable toe arms and camber plates to the rear which has made a big difference in dry weather and wet, but pretty sure I’m gonna swap the Cups to MPS4S as it’s always raining in Scotland.
im now running decent toe and camber all round and set the rear sway bar (anti roll bar for actual European) which sorts things out.

I never experienced any issues with Cups on any 911, but reckon the weight on the rear tyres (tires for those who don’t speak English &#129322 made all the difference on a 911….

sound wise it’s great inside the car but **** outside so next Friday I’m fitting the Cargraphic valve controller to keep the valves open all the time not just above 4000 revs.
My 981 got considerably louder even obnoxious the more miles I put on it so hoping the 718 will do similar without adding a rear X-Pipe.

I’m surprised I bought a GT4 and immediately started modifying a £90 grand car, but actually my X73 981 GTS was a far better car in every non dry situation.

it’s getting near winter now in Scotland and my friends are all going hooning on Sunday and I initially refused as without heat (difficult to achieve here) the cups are almost undriveable in Scotland winter, but I bought it to use so ****it
Plan on a big burnout to heat the tyres before setting off! Will definitely replace tyres to MPS4S ASAP!

eventually I will find the sweet spot for this car, but straight from the factory it is not great as a road car in my country….

Old 11-06-2021, 07:41 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

OKAY OKAY OKAY, MY CAR IS HERE!!!!!! Just got the call from Rob Owens at Riverside Porsche AKA Walters in SOCAL and the car is on the lot and ready to be picked up. I'll take pictures of the pickup and post the details here on this thread since it's a "delayed" car with a 8 year warranty and I've been chronicling my experience here with everyone else. So happy!!!
The following 7 users liked this post by jeanrabelais:
AdamIsAdam (11-06-2021), fiorentm (11-07-2021), halfmonkey (11-06-2021), JBM718GTS (11-07-2021), Jeff Jones (11-06-2021), popscotty (11-06-2021), Susan Schneider (11-09-2021) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-06-2021, 07:46 PM
Paiceyfan
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by jeanrabelais
OKAY OKAY OKAY, MY CAR IS HERE!!!!!! Just got the call from Rob Owens at Riverside Porsche AKA Walters in SOCAL and the car is on the lot and ready to be picked up. I'll take pictures of the pickup and post the details here on this thread since it's a "delayed" car with a 8 year warranty and I've been chronicling my experience here with everyone else. So happy!!!
Congratulations! Let me know if they give you the Certificate of Engine Exchange...I am still waiting on mine.
Old 11-06-2021, 07:54 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Paiceyfan
Congratulations! Let me know if they give you the Certificate of Engine Exchange...I am still waiting on mine.
I was all excited, but wait, a certificate of engine exchenge? I missed that one: is that discussed on this thread ? Please explain... I love RL for this very reason... it's a community.

Quick Reply: Stop Sale on 718 GTS, Spyder & GT4