Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Stop Sale on 718 GTS, Spyder & GT4

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2021, 03:05 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,739 Likes on 2,756 Posts

Originally Posted by ryan9007
Car ordered in January 2021, delivered to the dealer in April 2021 and hit with the stop sale. I have received all of the emails including compensation and the extended warranty info. I and my car are clearly “in the system”. That being said, no one seems to know anything! I speak with the dealer and they don’t know (I most recently spoke to the GM). I called PCNA and they don’t know anything (sent me back to the dealer). It is immensely frustrating. We bought two Porsches at the same time (my wife’s Cayenne and my GT4. I am being extremely patient, but this is definitely not the kind of experience I expected upon ordering over $200k worth of cars!

PS - I emailed and called Simon. His email bounced and his phone is no longer in service (automated Porsche message). Guess I should have expected that given my experience!

Ryan
Hopefully your patience will be rewarded, in fact a little pushing on PCNA never hurts for this!

As for walking away, hmmm, as long there is no ADM involved I personally would not do that, the financial incentives and extended warranty make staying the course worthwhile!

Besides, no matter what the current car is close, very close and the engine will only take a week once it arrives. I would really start pushing the dealer and PCNA!

You need to be that squeaky wheel...

Last edited by Westcoast; 12-23-2021 at 03:06 PM.
Old 12-23-2021, 03:10 PM
drive95
Instructor

Received 102 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ~NorthWest~
Actually, maybe I get the record for the latest. Australia is a long way from Germany. Test drove a 718S in August last year … ordered the GTS in November … and a 13 month wait.

Anyway, however frustrating, it was worth it.

I am so happy you shared this picture. I have a Dolomite/blue top/graphite blue interior BGTS4 expected to arrive 11 March and have chosen the same wheels. This makes me extremely glad I did! Gorgeous
Old 12-23-2021, 03:31 PM
TTFLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by ryan9007
Car ordered in January 2021, delivered to the dealer in April 2021 and hit with the stop sale. I have received all of the emails including compensation and the extended warranty info. I and my car are clearly “in the system”. That being said, no one seems to know anything! I speak with the dealer and they don’t know (I most recently spoke to the GM). I called PCNA and they don’t know anything (sent me back to the dealer). It is immensely frustrating. We bought two Porsches at the same time (my wife’s Cayenne and my GT4. I am being extremely patient, but this is definitely not the kind of experience I expected upon ordering over $200k worth of cars!

PS - I emailed and called Simon. His email bounced and his phone is no longer in service (automated Porsche message). Guess I should have expected that given my experience!

Ryan
Sent you a PM
Old 12-23-2021, 07:20 PM
~NorthWest~
Track Day

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by boss2k
congrats is that GT Silver?
Yes, GT silver with two tone black/bordeaux leathe interior. I should have got the satin wheels not high gloss. Anyway still looks pretty good, I think.
Old 12-23-2021, 07:23 PM
~NorthWest~
Track Day

Originally Posted by Westcoast
@~NorthWest~ Congrats on finally getting your GTS, looks spectacular and I like the wheels, nice change!

So I am real curious about your garage, steel/aluminum construction? Translucent walls and door, looks very modern, can you share some more pictures and details about it? I am looking got add secure parking at my place and I am lookin for ideas.
Hi Westcoast. The translucent polycarbonate was available with matching aluminum extrusion for the edges to lock into. Externally it’s hard wood battens. Traditionally our houses just used the battens to maximize airflow pre-air conditioning but I needed a clean garage hence the upgrade. Architect did a great job.
The following users liked this post:
Westcoast (12-24-2021)
Old 12-23-2021, 07:37 PM
~NorthWest~
Track Day

Originally Posted by drive95
I am so happy you shared this picture. I have a Dolomite/blue top/graphite blue interior BGTS4 expected to arrive 11 March and have chosen the same wheels. This makes me extremely glad I did! Gorgeous
Here’s another angle for you showing more wheels …

The following 3 users liked this post by ~NorthWest~:
drive95 (12-23-2021), josephr25 (12-25-2021), Noah Fect (12-24-2021)
Old 12-24-2021, 03:53 PM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey;[url=tel:17861725
17861725]Did you do the paperwork and take possession of the car and then got the recall or did it arrive at the dealer and got put on lockdown immediately? If you don't own the car, maybe consider walking away from it since nobody can give you any answers and you seem to be getting the run around. Search for a new allocation. Keep in mind if you go this route, you may end up paying an ADM. Don't know if you paid an ADM on your original GT4 order or not.

One person reported that he got hit with the stop sale and walked away. Ordered a new car and then changed it to a PTS car and I can't remember if he already took delivery of the reordered PTS car or if it's on it's way to dealer but the newly ordered car appears to be "arriving" before his con rod car.

Some food for thought.
I believe I’m the gentleman who walked away and ordered a PTS replacement. The con rod car was delivered to another buyer. The replacement PTS car is on the Siem Confucius in the English Channel. It’s due to be delivered 1/28 on the east coast of the US. The replacement was supposed to be delivered much earlier but it keeps slipping.

At this point, I’m guessing you’d have a year long wait if you give up and start over.

There was another guy on that email we received about the con rod issue. I’d try him.

Last edited by sanderabernathy; 12-24-2021 at 04:16 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by sanderabernathy:
AlexCeres (12-25-2021), jeanrabelais (12-25-2021), StormRune (12-25-2021), ~NorthWest~ (12-25-2021)
Old 12-25-2021, 12:52 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,739 Likes on 2,756 Posts

Originally Posted by sanderabernathy
I believe I’m the gentleman who walked away and ordered a PTS replacement. The con rod car was delivered to another buyer. The replacement PTS car is on the Siem Confucius in the English Channel. It’s due to be delivered 1/28 on the east coast of the US. The replacement was supposed to be delivered much earlier but it keeps slipping.

At this point, I’m guessing you’d have a year long wait if you give up and start over.

There was another guy on that email we received about the con rod issue. I’d try him.

Beautiful green, what's the official name?
The following 2 users liked this post by Westcoast:
M. Schneider (12-26-2021), sonicworld (12-25-2021)
Old 12-25-2021, 09:29 AM
Susan Schneider
Instructor

Received 192 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Merry Christmas everyone!!

The following 8 users liked this post by Susan Schneider:
2020Spyder (12-25-2021), DFW01TT (12-25-2021), jeanrabelais (12-25-2021), P-car-Vancouver (12-25-2021), Paiceyfan (12-25-2021), popscotty (12-25-2021), StormRune (12-25-2021), UncleDude (12-25-2021) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-25-2021, 11:32 AM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Susan Schneider
Yes, Merry Christmas, Everyone!
Old 12-25-2021, 02:40 PM
drive95
Instructor

Originally Posted by ~NorthWest~
Here’s another angle for you showing more wheels …
Oh, you actually have the high gloss finish. I didn't notice that on the first picture; for some reason the angle minimizes reflections. I ordered these wheels in satin black, but think it should look good too :P
Old 12-25-2021, 02:45 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,066 Likes on 1,761 Posts

I ordered these rims in satin black, but check out how the came! (I love them!)

Old 12-25-2021, 02:48 PM
drive95
Instructor

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
I ordered these rims in satin black, but check out how the came! (I love them!)
As my friends say, "I love that for you!" lol
Personally, I am going to be real bent out of shape if mine are entirely black. Will have a come to Jesus meeting with my salesperson because I've been assured they'll have the polished rim.

Paiceyfan (12-25-2021)
Old 12-25-2021, 02:52 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,066 Likes on 1,761 Posts

Originally Posted by drive95
As my friends say, "I love that for you!" lol
Personally, I am going to be real bent out of shape if mine are entirely black. Will have a come to Jesus meeting with my salesperson because I've been assured they'll have the polished rim.
That Boxster looks so good!

Hey, I ordered the rims so I do like them with the polished lip. When you get your factory pic, let me know if in fact it comes out polished. I don't understand how mine came out this way, but they appear to be a factory mistake, a one-off set. I assume that all rims come in one finish over to Porsche, and then at the factory they paint them. If you order them body colored, they are entirely painted (no polished lip). So I guess someone was on a potty break when my rims came down the line for polishing. lol And then no one noticed that they were different. Seems so unlikely, especially at Porsche where cars are built slowly with so much customization.
drive95 (12-25-2021)
Old 12-25-2021, 09:41 PM
ccp
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, it’s the perfect storm of issues…par for the course for ordering a low volume car in a pandemic and the age of “decoupling” :/

the irony is that I’m still held up by an unrelated error code in PDI and the part probably has to toodle its way over from Germany or something. The engine apparently is doing great!

Originally Posted by sanderabernathy

Quick Reply: Stop Sale on 718 GTS, Spyder & GT4