Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 12:52 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 802 Posts
Thumbs up

Hello,

This might be the month for a lot of us.

Well it's March 1st 2021 guys so just maybe sometime this month things will be for us "Still-Waiting" good News.

Terry

________
Old 03-01-2021, 01:24 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,219 Likes on 2,134 Posts

I hope so Terry!
The following users liked this post:
tigerhonaker (03-02-2021)
Old 03-01-2021, 04:30 PM
Elegant
Track Day

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Terry,

Well, my man, I've got both my fingers and toes crossed for you (and others) who are waiting for allocations to finally arrive.
Patience is a virtue but as time goes by it can turn into a bit of anxiety.
Good luck that it happens this month so at the least you will know you are going to get the car you want.

Cheers,
Tom
tigerhonaker (03-02-2021)
Old 03-01-2021, 05:04 PM
FASTRKMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 453 Likes on 248 Posts

Sometimes the hunt can be the best part, although tiring at times. If there is one RL member that I would like to see pics posted next to his GT4 it's you Terry. You are a reminder to me, and I'm sure others, to play the cards you are dealt as best you can. The game is never over till its over and you are never to old to try new things. Your day is coming to much good karma in the mix for it not to!
The following 2 users liked this post by FASTRKMAN:
tigerhonaker (03-02-2021), UncleDude (03-02-2021)
Old 03-01-2021, 07:21 PM
ausgang
Racer

Received 386 Likes on 161 Posts

Congratulations on your choice of a GT4. I look forward to hearing (and seeing) about the process as you go thru it. I too am making a switch from another marque. BMW lost sight of why M-cars mattered, so after many years and a long affiliation with the club, a change had to be made. I really appreciate a car that doesn't weigh so much. And, we're a manual transmission household here. (as tough as that can be these days). I don't fault those who choose PDK. It's just different than my choice.

I'll have to find out if we can track the progress of our cars like I used to do on my BMWs. One could even see cars being loaded onto the RORO ship, track its voyage, watch it unload at the port, etc. My dealer has had my spec since November, and it seems we are a week or so from assignment of the actual allocation. After that it should get exciting. My wife is an RS fan, so she would appreciate the sacrifice you had to make to make room for your next ride. We'll have to let a good track-day Bimmer get a new home, and I'm on the fence about selling my '78 911SC. My wife's new Mini Cooper S will justify our staying in the BMW club and in touch with our friends there.

Go Army! Beat Navy!
The following 2 users liked this post by ausgang:
afisherunc (03-02-2021), tigerhonaker (03-02-2021)
Old 03-02-2021, 11:49 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by UncleDude
I hope so Terry!
UncleDude,

Well my Good-Man that makes at least the two of us and from the below posts some others as well.

Originally Posted by Elegant
Hi Terry,

Well, my man, I've got both my fingers and toes crossed for you (and others) who are waiting for allocations to finally arrive.
Patience is a virtue but as time goes by it can turn into a bit of anxiety.
Good luck that it happens this month so at the least you will know you are going to get the car you want.

Cheers,
Tom
Elegant,

Tom Cochran thanks for All the Crossed-Fingers & Toes buddy.

Of course per our on going phone discussions you already know I haven't a clue if "Porsche of Nashville" will receive even one (1) GT4 allocation this month.
I'm actually basing my comments on what I have read here on Rennlist from other Members.

Originally Posted by FASTRKMAN
Sometimes the hunt can be the best part, although tiring at times.
If there is one RL member that I would like to see pics posted next to his GT4 it's you Terry.
You are a reminder to me, and I'm sure others, to play the cards you are dealt as best you can. The game is never over till its over and you are never to old to try new things.
Your day is coming to much good karma in the mix for it not to!
FASTRKMAN,

If there is one RL member that I would like to see pics posted next to his GT4 it's you Terry.
You can always count on me posting pictures ^^^ of what takes place with me and my GT4.
My thinking which is based on No-Facts is sometime this year I'll get the call my GT4 is on it's way to "Porsche of Nashville".

Originally Posted by ausgang
Congratulations on your choice of a GT4. I look forward to hearing (and seeing) about the process as you go thru it. I too am making a switch from another marque. BMW lost sight of why M-cars mattered, so after many years and a long affiliation with the club, a change had to be made. I really appreciate a car that doesn't weigh so much. And, we're a manual transmission household here. (as tough as that can be these days). I don't fault those who choose PDK. It's just different than my choice.

I'll have to find out if we can track the progress of our cars like I used to do on my BMWs. One could even see cars being loaded onto the RORO ship, track its voyage, watch it unload at the port, etc. My dealer has had my spec since November, and it seems we are a week or so from assignment of the actual allocation. After that it should get exciting. My wife is an RS fan, so she would appreciate the sacrifice you had to make to make room for your next ride. We'll have to let a good track-day Bimmer get a new home, and I'm on the fence about selling my '78 911SC. My wife's new Mini Cooper S will justify our staying in the BMW club and in touch with our friends there.

Go Army! Beat Navy!
ausgang,

And, we're a manual transmission household here. (as tough as that can be these days).
I don't fault those who choose PDK.
It's just different than my choice.
In my case I have had lots & lots & lots on manual cars over the years so I want something I haven't had and that's the Porsche PDK.

My dealer has had my spec since November.
December 2020 for me.

My wife is an RS fan, so she would appreciate the sacrifice you had to make to make room for your next ride.
The new Audi RS-3 had to go as I only have what's referred to as a 2 1/2 car garage.
So, Cathy's new (When Purchased) is on one side and the incoming, hopefully this year, 2021 GT4 will occupy the other side.

My wife's new Mini Cooper S will justify our staying in the BMW club and in touch with our friends there.
My wife also had two Mini Cooper s cars.
One was the British-Racing-Green and then the Bright Red one that was traded in on the VW Golf R of hers.
Terry
FASTRKMAN (03-02-2021)
Old 03-08-2021, 02:21 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Smile 2021 Cayman 718 GT4 "Allocation" is "Confirmed" ... 3/8/2021

March 8th 2021,

This is in my opinion more than likely one if not the most important Post I'll do on this dedicated Thread.

I just now received the confirmed Porsche GT4 allocation from my SA Matt Giorgio at "Porsche of Nashville".

This is how things went ..............

The "Porsche Regional Manager" Domenic Calkins came to Porsche of Nashville to deliver the "Awesome-News" in person.

He met with Cody Bender below in person to share that the 2021 GT4 allocation Cody had been discussing with him has taken place.
And he wanted to deliver that news in person as well as then covering other business while at the store.

After Dominic completed his business with Cody and was gone.
Matt my SA was given that news and the two of them came outside for a picture.

Matt on the Left and Cody on the Right.

Matt then contacted me now that he was assigned to me by Cody for all further communication on my 2021 GT4 in Racing-Yellow.

I do wish to make some comments on me dealing with Matt.
He is a Super No-Non-Sense fellow that takes care of business 1st.
After business is handled Matt then has an excellent, out-going, very-very pleasant personality.
What to me stands-out most is Matt makes it a point that if you need to contact me Terry for anything just reach out I'm here for you.
And what I just said above has turned-out to be a Fact ^^^
And guys I'm not saying the following as to come across as a Smart-*** just simply sharing that I am in a way demanding as I know exactly what I want and don't deal with any degree of Non-Professionalism.
Matt has, as I said already, shown me he knows his business and when it comes to the serious part of it he is all in 100% !!!

Below is what I have "Already-Received" from Matt regarding my GT4 order and I did not thankfully have to Beg, Plead, Bug the Crap out of him for the information.
It was all done instantly from him without any input from me.

The above brings things all the way "Up-to-Date".

Since I now know for a Fact that I'm now officially getting my Porsche 2021 Cayman 718 GT4 I just placed the below order.
This is going to look GREAT on Display until the real GT4 arrives.

Okay this is me with my "Happy-Face".

The following 9 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
998R (03-09-2021), afisherunc (03-09-2021), ausgang (03-13-2021), FASTRKMAN (03-08-2021), halfmonkey (03-08-2021), JCviggen (03-09-2021), LZRD GRN (03-09-2021), Matthew Cuomo (03-08-2021), rp2000r (03-08-2021) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-08-2021, 02:33 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,796 Likes on 862 Posts

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
March 8th 2021,

This is in my opinion more than likely one if not the most important Post I'll do on this dedicated Thread.

I just now received the confirmed Porsche GT4 allocation from my SA Matt Giorgio at "Porsche of Nashville".

This is how things went ..............

The "Porsche Regional Manager" Domenic Calkins came to Porsche of Nashville to deliver the "Awesome-News" in person.

He met with Cody Bender below in person to share that the 2021 GT4 allocation Cody had been discussing with him has taken place.
And he wanted to deliver that news in person as well as then covering other business while at the store.

After Dominic completed his business with Cody and was gone.
Matt my SA was given that news and the two of them came outside for a picture.

Matt on the Left and Cody on the Right.

Matt then contacted me now that he was assigned to me by Cody for all further communication on my 2021 GT4 in Racing-Yellow.

I do wish to make some comments on me dealing with Matt.
He is a Super No-Non-Sense fellow that takes care of business 1st.
After business is handled Matt then has an excellent, out-going, very-very pleasant personality.
What to me stands-out most is Matt makes it a point that if you need to contact me Terry for anything just reach out I'm here for you.
And what I just said above has turned-out to be a Fact ^^^
And guys I'm not saying the following as to come across as a Smart-*** just simply sharing that I am in a way demanding as I know exactly what I want and don't deal with any degree of Non-Professionalism.
Matt has, as I said already, shown me he knows his business and when it comes to the serious part of it he is all in 100% !!!

Below is what I have "Already-Received" from Matt regarding my GT4 order and I did not thankfully have to Beg, Plead, Bug the Crap out of him for the information.
It was all done instantly from him without any input from me.

The above brings things all the way "Up-to-Date".

Since I now know for a Fact that I'm now officially getting my Porsche 2021 Cayman 718 GT4 I just placed the below order.
This is going to look GREAT on Display until the real GT4 arrives.

Okay this is me with my "Happy-Face".

Congrats! Thanks for taking us on your journey. It's always fun and refreshing to read happy ending stories.
Old 03-08-2021, 03:03 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,381 Likes on 2,320 Posts

If you want the Racing Yellow key halves let me know since I am ordering them for me when my Racing Yellow Spyder gets here.
Old 03-08-2021, 05:24 PM
Elegant
Track Day

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Congratulations Terry!!!
It's been a long wait just to get an allocation.
But, now you know that in fewer than 5 months you be behind the wheel of a beautiful machine.

It must feel good to be able to relax and just enjoy the anticipation period.

Cheers,
Tom
Old 03-08-2021, 06:18 PM
FASTRKMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 453 Likes on 248 Posts

Congrats Terry, There was no doubt in my mind too much good karma in the mix. It's real now and what a road it's been, welcome to the official waiting room!
Old 03-08-2021, 08:00 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,219 Likes on 2,134 Posts

Woo!
Old 03-08-2021, 08:24 PM
rp2000r
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 65 Posts

Congratulations and beautiful build!

I bet you will be counting the days untill she arrives, very exciting!

Old 03-09-2021, 12:08 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Congrats! Thanks for taking us on your journey. It's always fun and refreshing to read happy ending stories.
What's up halfmonkey,
Glad to be of service ^^^ and yes indeed this has turned-out with a Giant "Happy-Confirmed" allocation buddy.

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
If you want the Racing Yellow key halves let me know since I am ordering them for me when my Racing Yellow Spyder gets here.
Hi Bob Z,
Your the Man No-Doubt about it and thanks for thinking of me.

Originally Posted by Elegant
Congratulations Terry!!!
It's been a long wait just to get an allocation.
But, now you know that in fewer than 5 months you be behind the wheel of a beautiful machine.

It must feel good to be able to relax and just enjoy the anticipation period.

Cheers,
Tom
Well look who dropped by my longggggg term Buddy/Friend from San Antonio, TX. Tom Cochran.
As we have discussed many times it's one thing to have patience like I luckily happen to posses.
And a completely different matter to finally after placing the order with Porsche of Nashville back in December 2019 for it to now be "Official" !!!
Just as a Heads-Up buddy if you see this post look for a package from Amazon Prime this coming Thursday.

Originally Posted by FASTRKMAN
Congrats Terry, There was no doubt in my mind too much good karma in the mix. It's real now and what a road it's been,
welcome to the official waiting room!
FASTRKMAN,
Well my Rennlist internet buddy as you said above ^^^ welcome to the official waiting room!
You can rest assured this is one fellow that's beyond excited on now joining the "Waiting-Room" with all you guys.

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Woo!
UncleDude,
That buddy makes two of us.

Originally Posted by rp2000r
Congratulations and beautiful build!

I bet you will be counting the days untill she arrives, very exciting!

rp2000r,
Thanks for checking the build out and approving it.

Your right I will without any Doubt be counting the days down and below is my Porsche Cayman 718 GT4 "Short-Timer's" Calendar to do exactly that.

Fun times guys,

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 03-09-2021 at 12:11 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
FASTRKMAN (03-09-2021), JohnC4S (03-10-2021), rp2000r (03-09-2021), UncleDude (03-09-2021)
Old 03-16-2021, 12:34 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up Guys, I now have an excellent idea of what my 2021 GT4 will look like ...

Latest Up-Date,

For those that didn't see the below Thread here is that link to it.

I need some assistance if there are any members using "PHOTOSHOP" ???

https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post17293319

The below Link is where a member that goes by clutchplate jumped in and did his thing for me to add the changes I wanted on my 2021 Cayman 718 GT4 in Racing-Yellow.
https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post17297485

Below is the Final-Result of what mine will look like assuming all of what I want done gets done.

Here is the Before look from Porsche.

Below is the way it will look with my added changes.

The below is not in the picture above but will also be on mine.

My opinion is my GT4 is going to "Absolutely" be a real Head-Turner and I'm in love with the New-Look.

Also the 2021 GT4 Racing-Yellow Model I ordered arrived yesterday.
It now has it's own space on my desk and I am enjoying it.

Terry

Quick Reply: GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker