Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 01:37 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
sounds to me as though the dealership did not have a real allocation to start with... I have never heard of allocations being withdrwan
Maybe, but I have the VM from Garrett such and such from PCNA apologizing for getting wires crossed with Germany. I don't think it was my SA. If he can't rely on PCNA, then whom?
Old 09-02-2020, 01:43 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Originally Posted by Selo
Maybe, but I have the VM from Garrett such and such from PCNA apologizing for getting wires crossed with Germany. I don't think it was my SA. If he can't rely on PCNA, then whom?
its very strange ... never heard of allocations going away like that unless something bad is going on with production
Old 09-02-2020, 02:05 PM
GT4MF
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 28 Posts

its very strange ... never heard of allocations going away like that unless something bad is going on with production
I wonder if this is a reaction to Covid and ‘over’ supply.. maybe Porsche are seeing a smaller conversion rate of orders to actual sales, and/or glut in the market (relatively).

Porsche could therefore be cutting (or managing) production numbers, which I would expect to impact the number of PTS. Yes, I’m totally guessing... but if the GT4 is designed to get you to a GT3++ down the road, then Porsche will be sensitive to the value and experience these customers have.

Or I just made all that up loll after all, Porsche were looking to make up for poor sales in the 718 by reintroducing a 4.0 NA into the line, so from that sense selling greater numbers of higher margin PTS cars would be their aim.

I will shut up now lll
Old 09-02-2020, 02:10 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT4MF
I wonder if this is a reaction to Covid and ‘over’ supply.. maybe Porsche are seeing a smaller conversion rate of orders to actual sales, and/or glut in the market (relatively).

Porsche could therefore be cutting (or managing) production numbers, which I would expect to impact the number of PTS. Yes, I’m totally guessing... but if the GT4 is designed to get you to a GT3++ down the road, then Porsche will be sensitive to the value and experience these customers have.

Or I just made all that up loll after all, Porsche were looking to make up for poor sales in the 718 by reintroducing a 4.0 NA into the line, so from that sense selling greater numbers of higher margin PTS cars would be their aim.

I will shut up now lll
The vagaries of PAG production are shrouded in mystery - an example of such shenanigans was during the GT3 991.2 production in 2018, when a bunch of US/NA cars production dates got pushed back to enable Zuffenhausen to build more EU bound 911s prior to the introduction of new EU emissions regulations later in the year ...

given the current global situation I think its no surprise - and it would also seem that they may have grossly underestimated the level of interest in GT4/Spyder PTS ...
Old 09-02-2020, 05:41 PM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 565 Likes on 311 Posts

It does seem to be more posts about incoming GT4/Spyders where the buyer walked than any previous time that I can remember...
Old 09-02-2020, 06:38 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

just an update on the paint door trim to ext color issue I mentioned earlier in the thread ... (I just heard that) it appears as though Germany has reversed itself on the cost/complexity of painting the door trim to ext (PTS) color. it is a CXX item, but it no longer requires ripping the door panels apart - the painting can be done at the OEM supplier end so its no longer $8xxx to do this...
The following users liked this post:
Mike981S (01-28-2024)
Old 09-02-2020, 06:40 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Sounds like PCNA/PAG is making their rounds now to notify people that didn't get PTS. Did you get this email yesterday too? So what are you going to do?
another update ... it appears that PAG and PCNA have "talked" it appears that the Q1 PTS capacity is *greatly* reduced (dont know why) and it is likely that the eventual #'s of PTS orders accepted could well be counted on one hand... all will become clear shortly after 9/14 when Jan orders "lock"...
Old 09-02-2020, 07:32 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 170 Likes on 97 Posts

did you see the article about PAG hiring 400 Audi workers to help build Taycans?

The vagaries of PAG production are shrouded in mystery - an example of such shenanigans was during the GT3 991.2 production in 2018, when a bunch of US/NA cars production dates got pushed back to enable Zuffenhausen to build more EU bound 911s prior to the introduction of new EU emissions regulations later in the year ...

given the current global situation I think its no surprise - and it would also seem that they may have grossly underestimated the level of interest in GT4/Spyder PTS ...
Old 09-02-2020, 07:44 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JSF101
did you see the article about PAG hiring 400 Audi workers to help build Taycans?
yes I did - indeed that could be affecting production at Zuffenhausen since Taycans, 911s and GT cars are all built there... (although the Taycan line is separate) perhaps they pulled some workers off the 911 line and moved them to the Taycan line thus reducing production #'s for the quarter...
Old 09-03-2020, 04:33 PM
GT4MF
Instructor

Guys - FYI I was told that if your PTS order went from v.170 to V.200 it was rejected in the first place. It should have gone straight to v.215.

Just sharing that because you may want to consider how honest people are being and what your dealers are telling you...

Sorry to be bearer of potentially bad news but just thought I would share in case it can help someone going forward.

cheers
Old 09-03-2020, 06:45 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 69 Posts

Just emailed Porsche Exclusive and received immediate email back confirming V215 Oslo Blue November production.

Late last week the info that was texted to me based on the sales managers internal system stated I was V200 and December production. Was worried after seeing what happened to others and based on GT4MFs previous post.
The following 3 users liked this post by JPMD:
evilfij (09-04-2020), GT4MF (09-03-2020), TYPE911 (09-03-2020)
Old 09-03-2020, 06:46 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JPMD
Just emailed Porsche Exclusive and received immediate email back confirming V215 Oslo Blue November production.

Late last week the info that was texted to me based on the sales managers internal system stated I was V200 and December production. Was worried after seeing what happened to others and based on GT4MFs previous post.
congrats!
Old 09-03-2020, 08:03 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 181 Posts

Guys - FYI I was told that if your PTS order went from v.170 to V.200 it was rejected in the first place. It should have gone straight to v.215.

Just sharing that because you may want to consider how honest people are being and what your dealers are telling you...

Sorry to be bearer of potentially bad news but just thought I would share in case it can help someone going forward.

cheers
So for Larry Cable and Selo, with this ^^^^ tidbit of info I'm curious if your builds went straight to v215? Reason I'm asking is I went to see my SA last Saturday to finalize some options. There were some questions he needed to get answers to and felt that I'd hear from him by Monday. I haven't heard anything and it's Thursday so I'm wondering if mine has been "canceled" too???
Old 09-03-2020, 08:12 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
So for Larry Cable and Selo, with this ^^^^ tidbit of info I'm curious if your builds went straight to v215? Reason I'm asking is I went to see my SA last Saturday to finalize some options. There were some questions he needed to get answers to and felt that I'd hear from him by Monday. I haven't heard anything and it's Thursday so I'm wondering if mine has been "canceled" too???
sadly I have no insight into what internal status my build attained, my useless SA never reaches out to me, I heard that my build was rejected from my contact at Exclusiv.

I *guess* that since my build was updated with PTS so late (at the fault of my lazy SA) that it was probably automatically rejected, because those builds submitted earlier would have been approved until they exhausted the available Jan PTS production capacity.

Do you know when your SA submitted your build *with* PTS requested? - I believe this would govern, relative to other build requests, approval or otherwise - what status was your build at last?

p.s my build was belatedly updated for PTS on 21/22 Aug ...
Old 09-03-2020, 08:14 PM
GT4MF
Instructor

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
From my understanding once a PTS order is submitted you cannot change anything. Even before it locks at v.215. If indeed something changed, it effectively a new order. Check the commission number.

Quick Reply: Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order