Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Python Green Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2020, 11:24 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,479 Likes on 920 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
So glad to read that. Been worrying about it. Thanks for sharing your experience!

God bless,
TT

I have a 981 GT4 in Racing Yellow with 27K miles and they also look great.....the area you may need to be careful are the seat belts.
Between touching them and clothing they can get a bit dirty. Solution is to always inspect and clean them frequently.
Old 07-26-2020, 12:53 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
Agreed.....it's very inconsistent how the color looks from monitor/ screen to monitor/screen. Right now my question is would deviated stitching in Lizard green be too different from the exterior in Python Green. My first choice is silver stitching but if Lizard works that would look awesome.
I have yet to see python in person, but I would have thought mamba stitching would be closer than lizard.
Old 07-26-2020, 01:10 PM
ronbauer
Pro

Received 524 Likes on 240 Posts

Agreed.....it's very inconsistent how the color looks from monitor/ screen to monitor/screen. Right now my question is would deviated stitching in Lizard green be too different from the exterior in Python Green. My first choice is silver stitching but if Lizard works that would look awesome.
There is a big difference between Lizard and Python. I'd really like to see Python and Viper together, as I think they're probably pretty close.

For the deviated stitching, Lizard would potentially look good, but it's way more yellow.

Ron
Old 07-26-2020, 01:51 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ronbauer
There is a big difference between Lizard and Python. I'd really like to see Python and Viper together, as I think they're probably pretty close.

For the deviated stitching, Lizard would potentially look good, but it's way more yellow.

Ron

That's also my opinion. Was able to put some leather with Lizard Green stitching next to the Python sample and you could get away on the stitching...not so sure about the seat belts.
This is the only option still pending on my build.....the silver stitching and belts do look good so need to see if I can find a GT3RS Lizard Green owner to drive over to the dealer and compare the seat belts to the sample. If it's too yellow on the seat belts it will be a no-go.
Old 07-26-2020, 01:54 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
I have yet to see python in person, but I would have thought mamba stitching would be closer than lizard.
Mamba is way darker and it may be a better match for stitching than Lizard...but then you would have to stick to black seat belts.
I also have to double check if the door pulls are also included when you add the deviated stitching...Lizard is no problem as you can buy GT3RS door pulls but not Mamba.
Old 07-26-2020, 02:22 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

I have a 981 GT4 in Racing Yellow with 27K miles and they also look great.....the area you may need to be careful are the seat belts.
Between touching them and clothing they can get a bit dirty. Solution is to always inspect and clean them frequently.
Thanks so much! Of course, yellow would potentially have the same problem. I'm going with black seat belts, so no problem there...except if a passenger is eating powdered donuts, in which case there are bigger problems!

God bless,
TT
Old 07-26-2020, 04:00 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

I agree. Judging from pics only, mamba stitching would fit Python better and would be a darker, more subtle stitching against the black anyway. Better for the stitching to be darker (somewhere between green and black), than on the other side of green, so to speak, towards yellow.
The following users liked this post:
evilfij (07-29-2020)
Old 07-26-2020, 10:43 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Will go to the dealer again next weekend and take pics of the stitching samples against the Python green sample....the thing with mamba green stitching is that will have to spec black seat belts...or would you dare to put silver seat belts with a different stitching?.
Also...not sure if the deviated stitching option includes the door straps...if you pick Lizard Green and these are not included you can always order some GT3RS door straps.
Anyway, still have time to decide this as my build is for November.
Old 07-27-2020, 12:16 AM
soupy
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 23 Posts

Yeah going with the Mamba green stitching would've required CXX options on both the door pulls and seat belts, adding around another $2-2.5k. With all those additional costs I would've rather just added PCCB for the money instead. I put the silver deviated stitching sample next to python green at the dealer and it looked fine to me, fairly neutral and inoffensive.
evilfij (07-29-2020)
Old 07-29-2020, 04:23 PM
arnemeyer
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

The GT4 with PDK has made me ready to dive back into new Porsche ownership, obviously pending an allocation. Still have the 1998 Boxster in arctic silver that was purchased new. Shame it's been so long!

I just keep looking at PG for my potential build. I'll have to go round to see it in person. Either way, realize this is a pretty expensive build, but this is where I'd net out roughly. The yellow deviated stitching and seat belts is taking inspiration from actual pythons, with the rest in black, which offsets PG quite well.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMKR6ZJ5
evilfij (07-29-2020)
Old 07-29-2020, 05:29 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Having had light colored belts, I would be happy with black belts and pulls, but I have grubby hands apparently.

I look forward to seeing the python sample with the various options.
arnemeyer (07-29-2020)
Old 07-29-2020, 07:13 PM
arnemeyer
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Having had light colored belts, I would be happy with black belts and pulls, but I have grubby hands apparently.

I look forward to seeing the python sample with the various options.
We're not all wearing vinyl gloves out of the house all the time these days??
Old 07-29-2020, 11:14 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

I wish black pulls and stitching were available on the GT4--as they are in the Spyder--without having to order the Extended Deviated Stitching Interior Package.

God bless,
TT
The following 2 users liked this post by TomTarzian:
9872SpeedYellowCS (07-30-2020), evilfij (07-30-2020)
Old 07-31-2020, 05:25 AM
-Methanol-
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

you can find lot of picts with asphalte test

https://www.asphalte.ch/news/2020/02...ieux-flat-six/
Old 07-31-2020, 08:41 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by -Methanol-
you can find lot of picts with asphalte test

https://www.asphalte.ch/news/2020/02...ieux-flat-six/
My problematic pics of PG are those under direct sunlight where some yellow starts showing and the green washes out. These are all under cloudy skies. I don’t like greens that go towards yellow, and blues that go towards green under sunny skies. One reason I wasn’t a fan of Gelb Grun and Miami. I thought PG was a darker, more consistent green under all light conditions. i would have guessed this was Lizard and not Python:

That Chalk Boxster with a blue top and platinum wheels looks hot, though. Now there’s an idea...

Last edited by hf1; 07-31-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Quick Reply: The Official Python Green Color Thread