Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Python Green Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2020, 09:18 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,479 Likes on 920 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
My problematic pics of PG are those under direct sunlight where some yellow starts showing and the green washes out. These are all under cloudy skies. I don’t like greens that go towards yellow, and blues that go towards green under sunny skies. One reason I wasn’t a fan of Gelb Grun and Miami. I thought PG was a darker, more consistent green under all light conditions. i would have guessed this was Lizard and not Python:

That Chalk Boxster with a blue top and platinum wheels looks hot, though. Now there’s an idea...

That Spyder looks nice! I LIke it.
The photo of PG is a bit washed.....also, you have direct sunlight and a big silver building right in front.
We could go on and on on this PG debate but what really closed the deal for me was to look at the Paint Sample at the dealer, inside and outside.
If you don't have access to it you can get the paint formula and make some samples in different greens...better than judging from a screen.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:20 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

It’s near impossible to capture a light green on camera.

This is the same car on the same day. The third pic by Matt is probably closest to how it looks to my eyes (and I have some pics that look like that too).

My main question is whether python can save me the extra money to avoid PTS.

if I looks like this ....

Old 08-12-2020, 05:18 PM
ronbauer
Pro

Received 524 Likes on 240 Posts

Well, I decided to go crazy and change a couple things up about my build (see post 1 for original.)

Deleted Apple Car Play - We use Android phones, and not intending to get Apple anytime soon

Added:
- Brake calipers in black (having a hard time spending the $900 for this, but it does look better
- Interior trim in body color - Yes, going to have the Python in the car also! Worst case we buy the other trim pieces after the car gets here and save the green ones
- Light design package
- Headlight washers in body color

All in all, added just over $1000, but YOLO....

Ron[
Old 08-12-2020, 07:48 PM
wizee
Rennlist Member

Received 831 Likes on 456 Posts

Has anyone seen Mamba Green stitching in person, or at least seen a photo of it? I’m debating on Mamba vs Lizard for stitching to go with Python Green. I think Lizard stitching looks better on its own since it has better contrast with black, but I’m not sure how dark Mamba stitching is. Mamba would probably be closer to Python Green, but almost but not quite right match may be worse than a deliberately brighter green, and the brighter green would also stand out much better.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:31 PM
wizee
Rennlist Member

Received 831 Likes on 456 Posts

Also, for what it's worth, here's a other photo of Pyhon Green, with a person in it to provide some colour reference point.

Photo was screenshotted from this video:

Here's another video with Python Green in it:
The following users liked this post:
TikiLou (07-31-2021)
Old 08-13-2020, 03:16 AM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,278 Likes on 648 Posts

geez... now fully convinced I'll have no idea what this color really looks like until I see it in person. Its all over the board
Old 08-13-2020, 09:27 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wizee
Has anyone seen Mamba Green stitching in person, or at least seen a photo of it? I’m debating on Mamba vs Lizard for stitching to go with Python Green. I think Lizard stitching looks better on its own since it has better contrast with black, but I’m not sure how dark Mamba stitching is. Mamba would probably be closer to Python Green, but almost but not quite right match may be worse than a deliberately brighter green, and the brighter green would also stand out much better.

I have samples on my way but I think Lizard would be the better choice....not only color on threads/stitching tend to be darker, the use of these on the interior would make it look even darker, specially if it's a GT4.
The only offending lizard Green item that could be an issue for some are the seat belts..but after seeing several PTS green with yellow on the inside I think lizard is OK, including the seatbelts.
Now...If you like to tone down the colors then Mamba or silver would be my choice but personally I like the lizard. Also with Lizard you can spec the seat belts and buy the GT3RS door pulls, you can't do that with mamba.
BTW....the door pulls are not included on the deviated stitching option, so the seat belts you can spec black but the door pulls will be silver which is the default thread color in order to pick the deviated stitching color....not sure why PAG does this, I doesn't make any sense, they should be black.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:49 AM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
I have samples on my way but I think Lizard would be the better choice....not only color on threads/stitching tend to be darker, the use of these on the interior would make it look even darker, specially if it's a GT4.
The only offending lizard Green item that could be an issue for some are the seat belts..but after seeing several PTS green with yellow on the inside I think lizard is OK, including the seatbelts.
Now...If you like to tone down the colors then Mamba or silver would be my choice but personally I like the lizard. Also with Lizard you can spec the seat belts and buy the GT3RS door pulls, you can't do that with mamba.
BTW....the door pulls are not included on the deviated stitching option, so the seat belts you can spec black but the door pulls will be silver which is the default thread color in order to pick the deviated stitching color....not sure why PAG does this, I doesn't make any sense, they should be black.
Is silver the default color of the door pulls on both the Spyder and GT4? It seems to me the Spyder would be black but the GT4 silver.

God bless,
TT
Old 08-13-2020, 11:54 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
Is silver the default color of the door pulls on both the Spyder and GT4? It seems to me the Spyder would be black but the GT4 silver.

God bless,
TT

At least on the GT4 it's silver, haven't check that on the Spyder configurator.......if you go directly to add the deviated stitching it will also add leather interior with silver stitching. Since the door pulls are not on the list of items to be changed to the selected deviated color you get the silver ones...on the GT4. If I have to guess on the Spyder it will go to the standard color for the door pulls when selecting leather interior.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:55 AM
ABAD911
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

This is the Gelato Green...LOL nice
Old 08-13-2020, 11:56 AM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by jmartpr
At least on the GT4 it's silver, haven't check that on the Spyder configurator.......if you go directly to add the deviated stitching it will also add leather interior with silver stitching. Since the door pulls are not on the list of items to be changed to the selected deviated color you get the silver ones...on the GT4. If I have to guess on the Spyder it will go to the standard color for the door pulls when selecting leather interior.
That's my guess, too, and I think that would make them black on the Spyder, as they should be on both cars.

God bless,
TT
Old 08-13-2020, 02:44 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

Sorry, I haven't read through all of the posts here but wanted to share this video I came across of a Lizard Green 991.2 GT3 RS with Lizard Green interior options in case anybody is interested. Looks pretty nice.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:07 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Sorry, I haven't read through all of the posts here but wanted to share this video I came across of a Lizard Green 991.2 GT3 RS with Lizard Green interior options in case anybody is interested. Looks pretty nice.
https://youtu.be/bHPd6glRFeM
Thanks, I think that video convinced me to get the interior trim in leather.

God bless,
TT
Old 08-13-2020, 03:54 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
https://youtu.be/bHPd6glRFeM
The Lizard Green on that video, on my monitor, looks a bit washed compared to what I have seen in person......I highly recommend seeing the colors in person.
Old 08-17-2020, 04:16 PM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 386 Posts

Python GTS at my dealer today. Was looking forward to seeing this colour in the flesh on a car rather than a small sample. Was a bit underwhelmed. It has the same characteristic as Lava Orange in that it has a powdery, dusky element to it. It's not like Viper Green which has a strong primary green element to it.

The following 5 users liked this post by Chris3963:
evilfij (08-17-2020), Gatch (08-17-2020), InTgr8r (08-17-2020), Rahtok (08-20-2020), TikiLou (07-31-2021)

Quick Reply: The Official Python Green Color Thread