Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Python Green Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2020, 05:08 PM
ronbauer
Pro

Received 524 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
I have a feeling it's going to look stunning. Can't wait to see your pics after delivery. Did you get a chance see the combo in real life or did you just go by the config?
I’ve always loved green Porsches, so it was a no brainer once it became available. I also wanted the Aurum wheels, although was originally thinking I’d be going with a white car. The config makes the combo look really good, although I don’t think the green is represented correctly in the config. I’ve seen the paint sample at the dealer, and think it will look fantastic.

It really is quite a bummer that the color doesn’t seem to show well in pictures. Different pictures show the color very differently, as well as differently depending on which media device I’m using (my phone, vs. iPad, vs. laptop all show the same picture very differently.). Even the picture I took of the paint sample at the dealer shows up differently on all of my devices.

Ron
Old 08-27-2020, 10:26 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,479 Likes on 920 Posts

Originally Posted by ronbauer
I’ve always loved green Porsches, so it was a no brainer once it became available. I also wanted the Aurum wheels, although was originally thinking I’d be going with a white car. The config makes the combo look really good, although I don’t think the green is represented correctly in the config. I’ve seen the paint sample at the dealer, and think it will look fantastic.

It really is quite a bummer that the color doesn’t seem to show well in pictures. Different pictures show the color very differently, as well as differently depending on which media device I’m using (my phone, vs. iPad, vs. laptop all show the same picture very differently.). Even the picture I took of the paint sample at the dealer shows up differently on all of my devices.

Ron

I was in the same situation as you, always wanted a green Porsche (or Orange).....got excited with the possibility of Lizard Green as an Special Color and then it got cancelled....default color was white.
My allocation had PTS enabled but after seeing the color choices (besides the increase in $$$ for PTS) and Python Green being available as a special color the decision was easy.
Of course was able to see the paint sample as the configurator or pics are nothing close to it.

The following 2 users liked this post by jmartpr:
evilfij (08-27-2020), ronbauer (08-27-2020)
Old 08-27-2020, 05:57 PM
Rahtok
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Here's a pic of a Python Green dealer sample against my 'Mint Green' Accord that I took yesterday. We've been waiting for an Irish Green PTS 718 slot for years, and when Python Green showed up as an option, we jumped at the option. That we 'have' to get a GTS4 is just icing on the cake.

The following users liked this post:
SunnySF (03-23-2023)
Old 08-28-2020, 12:23 AM
Warren99
Racer

Received 279 Likes on 125 Posts

Saw this pic today
Old 08-28-2020, 07:08 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Warren99

Saw this pic today
Python looking great in the wild. I think those are platinum wheels — a first, and they look great. That biker with his neck extended, priceless. Lol...
Old 08-28-2020, 08:41 AM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
PG with Aurum? Interesting and unique but ballsy. Anyone ordered it? Probably no pics of it anywhere yet...

Ordered it on a GT4 should arrive in November. I think it's absolutely gorgeous.
Old 08-28-2020, 07:09 PM
ronbauer
Pro

Received 524 Likes on 240 Posts

Saw this pic today
On the two devices I have with me right now, this looks fairly realistic on what I think the color will look like.

Ron
Old 08-29-2020, 05:12 PM
Warren99
Racer

Python perhaps?
Old 08-29-2020, 10:45 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

So what's the verdict on best matching green deviated stitching for Python? Lizard or Mamba? Has anyone looked at Python + stitched leather samples next to each other to establish a match or a clash? Not sure if it was in this thread but remember reading about someone choosing Acid green stitching for Lizard exterior on an RS and that combo not working too well.

Would it be risky to have Python interior trim right next to Lizard stitching? Maybe leather interior trim would be better to avoid this risk? Then again, the door stitching is right next to the exterior in a convertible so can't avoid that.

Last edited by hf1; 08-29-2020 at 10:49 PM.
Old 08-30-2020, 10:38 AM
Warren99
Racer

Originally Posted by hf1
So what's the verdict on best matching green deviated stitching for Python? Lizard or Mamba? Has anyone looked at Python + stitched leather samples next to each other to establish a match or a clash? Not sure if it was in this thread but remember reading about someone choosing Acid green stitching for Lizard exterior on an RS and that combo not working too well.

Would it be risky to have Python interior trim right next to Lizard stitching? Maybe leather interior trim would be better to avoid this risk? Then again, the door stitching is right next to the exterior in a convertible so can't avoid that.
Its really hard to tell without seeing in person. I think you’d be good either way on stitching, but if I had to make the choice, I’d probably go with Lizard. That’s just for stitching though. I would not do Lizard belts or tach because I think that would stand out more as not matching the Python.
Old 08-30-2020, 10:51 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Its really hard to tell without seeing in person. I think you’d be good either way on stitching, but if I had to make the choice, I’d probably go with Lizard. That’s just for stitching though. I would not do Lizard belts or tach because I think that would stand out more as not matching the Python.
I agree, belts or tach cover too much of a surface with a different green. Stitching is thin, one-dimensional so it will probably pass as a match.
Old 08-30-2020, 01:08 PM
soupy
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 23 Posts

I've been flipping between the silver and yellow deviated stitching interior with this color and still not sure. Leaning on the yellow now. The red calipers bother me more and more these days so I might just have to dump the $900 on stupid black paint. Updated configuration: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMCR6D42
Old 08-30-2020, 01:49 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by soupy
I've been flipping between the silver and yellow deviated stitching interior with this color and still not sure. Leaning on the yellow now. The red calipers bother me more and more these days so I might just have to dump the $900 on stupid black paint. Updated configuration: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMCR6D42
IMO, I think getting the black calipers is a must with python green because the red calipers clashes with python green. IMO, it doesn't match in any way and I think many people will see a bright green car and ask what is up with those red calipers? As far as interior stitching, picking silver is the more muted choice. Since the outside is loud and bright, some like to tone it down by picking a more muted interior color such as the silver. Yellow would work really nice if you go with PCCB but if you don't, yellow could still work because green and yellow are colors that kind of work together as opposed to something like green and orange which don't go together.
Old 08-30-2020, 02:05 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,829 Likes on 2,163 Posts

Originally Posted by soupy
I sat in a Gentian Blue GT4 with extended silver deviated stitching. Underwhelming would be generous. Get a color to make it pop.

Yes, pay for the black calipers it’ll highlight the wheels much better and not clash.

Here is some yellow deviated...

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...px?c=/PMII7AA6

Old 08-30-2020, 02:27 PM
Warren99
Racer

I ordered PCCB’s with my Python. I personally like the yellow calipers with the green exterior. If I wouldn’t have gotten PCCB’s, I probably would have done calipers in black instead of red. For interior I have full black leather with standard black stitching. I added yellow belts for a pop of color, plus it goes with the PCCB’s.

Quick Reply: The Official Python Green Color Thread