Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Python Green Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2020, 12:12 AM
ronbauer
Pro

Received 524 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by MAHack
I just got the allocation and paid the deposit today.

I can't wait to see what Python Green actually looks like!

Mark
Congratulations. I too am super excited to see the actual color in person. Interesting how close our final price is, yet how different the builds are.

Ron
Old 07-15-2020, 05:02 AM
toppestofkeks
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

In the configurator/videos PG looks like the least flattering green I have ever seen on a Porsche. It's several shades too dark for me. Bright yellow greens or greens with a yellowish hue to them work much better on sports cars in general.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:43 AM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by ronbauer
It’ll be awhile before we start seeing pictures of actual cars, but I wanted to start our own thread to get people together.

Have you ordered a Python Green GT4 or Spyder? If so, speak up.

As the thread starter, I’ll start!

Python Green
Satin Aurum wheels
PDK
Carbon Buckets
Sport Chrono
Bose
Apple Car Play
Smoker Package (for extra 12v)
Fire extinguisher
Standard interior
LED headlight with PDLS
Auto dimming mirrors with rain sensor

Ron
My exact spec
Old 07-15-2020, 07:47 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by toppestofkeks
In the configurator/videos PG looks like the least flattering green I have ever seen on a Porsche. It's several shades too dark for me. Bright yellow greens or greens with a yellowish hue to them work much better on sports cars in general.
Forget the configurator for PG. It looks nothing like it looks on pics and videos.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:39 AM
MAHack
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 13 Posts

Congratulations. I too am super excited to see the actual color in person. Interesting how close our final price is, yet how different the builds are.

Ron
Thanks. Congrats to you as well.
Our builds are polar opposites in some areas...carbon buckets/2ways, PDK/manual being the biggest fundamental differences. I am glad we have these choices and the builds can be as individualized as they are. Most of my choices have been determined by the options on previous 911 and Cayman orders. There is always "the next one will/will not have THIS" rolling around in my head when build time comes around.

I am surprised they offered a green as standard, although premium priced, shade. The GT4 will look great in it!

Mark
Old 07-15-2020, 08:54 AM
JohnC4S
Rennlist Member

Received 243 Likes on 97 Posts

I need to see the PG In person too. My choices are down to PG and RY, since Larva Orange isn’t available without exorbitant PTS price.

John
Old 07-15-2020, 04:12 PM
toppestofkeks
Advanced

Originally Posted by hf1
Forget the configurator for PG. It looks nothing like it looks on pics and videos.
I know the configurator isn't too reliable but even so you can get a decent enough idea of how PG will compare to lizard green for example. I truly hope I am wrong but my expectations aren't very high at the moment. I expect I'll be submitting my spec some time in q4 at which point the configurator will be my only reference material. If we had a different green, such as gelb grun or lizard green I would spec my GT4 in that color in a heartbeat. Let's see how shark blue turns out.
Old 07-15-2020, 04:35 PM
ronbauer
Pro

I know the configurator isn't too reliable but even so you can get a decent enough idea of how PG will compare to lizard green for example. I truly hope I am wrong but my expectations aren't very high at the moment. I expect I'll be submitting my spec some time in q4 at which point the configurator will be my only reference material. If we had a different green, such as gelb grun or lizard green I would spec my GT4 in that color in a heartbeat. Let's see how shark blue turns out.
And this is why we each get to choose what we like. I’m not a fan of Gelbgrun or Lizard. I thought I wanted Signal until I saw it next to Viper and then it was all over. We’ll have to wait to see, but it appears Python is closer to the Viper than anything else. I really hope that’s the case.

When I heard that Shark Blue was going to be a new color and had the same paint code as the VW Cornflower Blue, I found a GTI Rabbit Edition locally and went to look at it. I really wanted that color, but at that point, green wasn’t even an option. When I got the call to place my order, I was super excited to have Python available. Probably for the best that both it and Shark weren’t available at the same time, as I probably would have had a very tough choice to make,

Ron
Old 07-15-2020, 04:38 PM
ronbauer
Pro

Originally Posted by JohnC4S
I need to see the PG In person too. My choices are down to PG and RY, since Larva Orange isn’t available without exorbitant PTS price.

John
Not normally a fan of the Racing Yellow, but it seems to work incredibly well on the GT4. I think it’s the amount of black on the car that helps offset and make it really pop, And yes, Lava Orange would be awesome as well. Ultimately it’s hard to go wrong with any color when you get one of these!
The following users liked this post:
pgap718 (07-11-2023)
Old 07-15-2020, 04:51 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

And this is why we each get to choose what we like. I’m not a fan of Gelbgrun or Lizard. I thought I wanted Signal until I saw it next to Viper and then it was all over. We’ll have to wait to see, but it appears Python is closer to the Viper than anything else. I really hope that’s the case.

When I heard that Shark Blue was going to be a new color and had the same paint code as the VW Cornflower Blue, I found a GTI Rabbit Edition locally and went to look at it. I really wanted that color, but at that point, green wasn’t even an option. When I got the call to place my order, I was super excited to have Python available. Probably for the best that both it and Shark weren’t available at the same time, as I probably would have had a very tough choice to make,

Ron
I agree with Ron. Have yet to see it in person but for me Python >> Lizard >> Gelb. From pics and videos Python may be my favorite green of all.
Old 07-15-2020, 05:04 PM
toppestofkeks
Advanced

When I heard that Shark Blue was going to be a new color and had the same paint code as the VW Cornflower Blue, I found a GTI Rabbit Edition locally and went to look at it.
As far as I know this is all speculation. However if it isn't, then it will probably look very similar to the picture below. In my opinion it doesn't look great on the spyder but maybe it's better on a gt4. I think this color needs more contrasting black parts to work, such as RS style fenders.

Last edited by toppestofkeks; 07-15-2020 at 05:18 PM.
ronbauer (07-15-2020)
Old 07-15-2020, 10:51 PM
soupy
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 23 Posts

Got my Nov/Dec build allocation today after a year since putting down my deposit. Going with this build and not really seeing myself changing anything on it right now:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMBLLET0

ronbauer (07-16-2020)
Old 07-15-2020, 11:48 PM
Gatch
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

If Python Green is more this...

...than this...

...I’m all for it! By the way, both are apparently Python Green, but the lighting must be quite different between the two.
poolie (01-03-2021)
Old 07-15-2020, 11:58 PM
soupy
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 23 Posts

I saw the color swatch sample at the dealer next to racing yellow here below and it's more of the brighter color grading you see in videos than the "cinematic" darkish tone.

The following 2 users liked this post by soupy:
Gatch (07-16-2020), ronbauer (07-16-2020)
Old 07-16-2020, 12:01 AM
Gatch
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by soupy
I saw the color swatch sample at the dealer next to racing yellow here below and it's more of the brighter color grading you see in videos than the "cinematic" darkish tone.

Hmmm, this really does seem to be a good compromise between Lizard Green (which was way too yellow and bright in my opinion) and the “darker” Python Green in Porsche videos.

Last edited by Gatch; 07-16-2020 at 01:15 AM.

Quick Reply: The Official Python Green Color Thread