Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Chalk Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2021, 12:02 PM
rooster17
Pro

Received 595 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Awesome to get the Spyder out on the track! Curious why the numbers on the side are not the same as the bumper?
Haha, good eye. Fixed it after the picture day of. Just wasn’t paying attention when the number went on.
The following users liked this post:
Westcoast (06-06-2021)
Old 06-09-2021, 07:11 PM
Kgoheen
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Chalk GT4 sighted in Los Gatos, CA

I saw a chalk GT4 in Los Gatos this morning. PCCB’s and black wheels. I thought “what an awesome car” - but then, of course, I have the same car!!
KG
Los Gatos, CA

Old 06-09-2021, 07:29 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,702 Likes on 2,736 Posts

Originally Posted by Kgoheen
I saw a chalk GT4 in Los Gatos this morning. PCCB’s and black wheels. I thought “what an awesome car” - but then, of course, I have the same car!!
KG
Los Gatos, CA

Awesome cars, congrats! Especially like the Platinum Satin Wheels, my favorite...
Old 06-12-2021, 11:48 PM
Guaji
Racer

Received 282 Likes on 149 Posts

https://cc.porsche.com/icc/ccCall.do...bcode=PN25BW81

My build locks in a few days and luckily I saw Cornflower Blue (which is Shark Blue) on a couple of cars at a local VW dealer. The color is just not for me. I had a Chalk 718 Cayman GTS before, so I texted my SA soon afterwards to make the change.
Old 06-13-2021, 09:39 AM
Raddoc10
Track Day

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Guaji

My build locks in a few days and luckily I saw Cornflower Blue (which is Shark Blue) on a couple of cars at a local VW dealer. The color is just not for me. I had a Chalk 718 Cayman GTS before, so I texted my SA soon afterwards to make the change.
if I can make a couple of suggestions:

1) skip the aluminum pedals and order the Numeric Racing Pedals. The OEM ones are cheap and cost more than the Numerics

2) get folding mirrors

3) get the lap timer
Old 06-13-2021, 11:18 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Raddoc10

1) skip the aluminum pedals and order the Numeric Racing Pedals. The OEM ones are cheap and cost more than the Numerics

2) get folding mirrors

3) get the lap timer
Lap timer?

No OEM NAV locks you out of a lot of other things, including the track preparation app, how about the LED lights? Also Voice Control?
Old 06-13-2021, 12:11 PM
Guaji
Racer

Originally Posted by Raddoc10

2) get folding mirrors

3) get the lap timer
I recently saw on the 991 thread that a fellow Carrera T owner installed the Numeric pedals. They look very nice and something that I am considering. I have the aluminum pedals on my T. I usually just fold the mirrors manually as needed. I actually wish I could delete the clock on top of the dash. I did so on the T and I like the clean look. I think when you order voice control, you also have to order the Navigation , if I am not mistaken.
Old 06-13-2021, 12:21 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I recently saw on the 991 thread that a fellow Carrera T owner installed the Numeric pedals. They look very nice and something that I am considering. I have the aluminum pedals on my T. I usually just fold the mirrors manually as needed. I actually wish I could delete the clock on top of the dash. I did so on the T and I like the clean look. I think when you order voice control, you also have to order the Navigation , if I am not mistaken.
So are you looking for of a stripped down version...?
Old 06-13-2021, 12:29 PM
Guaji
Racer

So are you looking for of a stripped down version...?
Yes, I am. I actually added some options at the suggestion of a friend. Painted roll bars, light design package, auto dimming mirrors, and black door handles. My original build that I submitted for an order demand in 2019 was a lot more basic. That spec was around $105,000 , base seats , red interior accents , carbon fiber trim and GT Silver. I want something that I can live with for many years and I felt that I would tire of Shark Blue. Therefore, I am going with a color I know that I like.
Old 06-13-2021, 12:38 PM
rooster17
Pro

I’m not a huge aftermarket wheel guy but I think this works quite nicely. The GT4 covers complete the look with the wheels.
Old 06-13-2021, 12:40 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Yes, I am. I actually added some options at the suggestion of a friend. Painted roll bars, light design package, auto dimming mirrors, and black door handles. My original build that I submitted for an order demand in 2019 was a lot more basic. That spec was around $105,000 , base seats , red interior accents , carbon fiber trim and GT Silver. I want something that I can live with for many years and I felt that I would tire of Shark Blue. Therefore, I am going with a color I know that I like.
As you know I am partial to Chalk as well, but Shark Blue would look great as well.

As for stripped down cars, everybody has their tastes but if I were going for basic then light design and black painted bits would go away as well. My spec was anything but basic, not as bad as some but as I am committed to this car for a good number of years then there were options that were going in for the long haul including LED headlights and NAV.

Good luck with your order!
Old 06-13-2021, 01:00 PM
Guaji
Racer

As you know I am partial to Chalk as well, but Shark Blue would look great as well.

As for stripped down cars, everybody has their tastes but if I were going for basic then light design and black painted bits would go away as well. My spec was anything but basic, not as bad as some but as I am committed to this car for a good number of years then there were options that were going in for the long haul including LED headlights and NAV.

Good luck with your order!
My spec has definitely strayed a little from the ethos of a basic build. It has been my desire to have the opportunity to order a Porsche according to my tastes. I feel the Spyder is my best opportunity to spec and own a new GT car at a relatively good value. I want to get this right so I need to think long term too. My biggest doubt during this process is whether or not I would like Shark Blue when I see it in person. Unfortunately I will not have that opportunity to see a Porsche in that color before the build locks. So, I went to a VW dealer and found some Cornflower Blue vehicles on the lot (Taos and GTI). I was not exactly blown away by the color and it just put more doubts into my head. It may look great on a Spyder, but I don’t want to take that chance. My design esthetic leans towards understated minimalism, though I appreciate bold builds with contrasting colors. I think Chalk looks great with yellow or red interior accents as well as the classic Spyder package with the red top. I like what you have done with your Spyder.
Old 06-13-2021, 01:26 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

My spec has definitely strayed a little from the ethos of a basic build. It has been my desire to have the opportunity to order a Porsche according to my tastes. I feel the Spyder is my best opportunity to spec and own a new GT car at a relatively good value. I want to get this right so I need to think long term too. My biggest doubt during this process is whether or not I would like Shark Blue when I see it in person. Unfortunately I will not have that opportunity to see a Porsche in that color before the build locks. So, I went to a VW dealer and found some Cornflower Blue vehicles on the lot (Taos and GTI). I was not exactly blown away by the color and it just put more doubts into my head. It may look great on a Spyder, but I don’t want to take that chance. My design esthetic leans towards understated minimalism, though I appreciate bold builds with contrasting colors. I think Chalk looks great with yellow or red interior accents as well as the classic Spyder package with the red top. I like what you have done with your Spyder.
Thanks for the compliment, having the opportunity to choose the options for your own build is certainly a highlight of the ownership experience, some choices are easy others caused me to wander for days between dealerships in the Bay area looking for examples of the colour that I was considering... it was good that you were able to see Cornflower Blue in person before your order locks, IMHO the exterior colour is the toughest choice of all.

As for my overall build, it arrived after 15 years of Porsche ownership, not all new or factory ordered cars, so when the opportunity to build a drop top mid-engine GT car came around I knew that there was going to be a lot decisions, some practical and a lot that were not, but for me it made the process all that more personal and rewarding.

From your build spec above it looks like you are building exactly what you want, which is what it all about.
The following 2 users liked this post by Westcoast:
Guaji (06-13-2021), UncleDude (06-13-2021)
Old 06-13-2021, 02:03 PM
Raddoc10
Track Day

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

The buckets, while nice, are not practical. The 18 way sports are contoured and holds me in as well as easier to get in and out of. Something to consider and could save you $3-4k. The folding mirrors are a must, IMO. They are relatively cheap and make the car look great in the parking lot. I always admired the Audi folding mirrors. These top them. The lap timer adds a needed dash accent (got mine in red). It is also relatively cheap. Skip the nav and voice control. You can skip apple CarPlay too. You basically lose your phone in the compartment to connect it. I keep it on a charger mount and connect via Bluetooth.

Old 06-14-2021, 09:42 PM
rooster17
Pro

Got some track photos back. @Westcoast the numbers are correct and ready for inspection.

The following 4 users liked this post by rooster17:
halfmonkey (06-15-2021), mnl (06-14-2021), UncleDude (06-14-2021), Westcoast (06-15-2021)

Quick Reply: The Official Chalk Color Thread