Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Chalk Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 09:48 PM
Kgoheen
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 25 Posts
Default CA Black and Yellow Legacy Plates

There was some interest on this thread as to whether any of the CA owners had applied the CA legacy plates. I ordered my about eight weeks ago and finally got them yesterday. I think they look really good if if the car has the yellow PCCB’s ( and of course the yellow interior stitching). I tried the black s/s Porsche frame and it was too muck black (couldn’t distinguish between the plate and frame). Settled on the polished s/s.

The following users liked this post:
Frank Torres (05-15-2021)
Old 05-13-2021, 09:52 PM
mnl
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Kgoheen
There was some interest on this thread as to whether any of the CA owners had applied the CA legacy plates. I ordered my about eight weeks ago and finally got them yesterday. I think they look really good if if the car has the yellow PCCB’s ( and of course the yellow interior stitching). I tried the black s/s Porsche frame and it was too muck black (couldn’t distinguish between the plate and frame). Settled on the polished s/s.
they look good! i'd like to get the black plates for mine too, i told the dealer that i want those but they're out of state so not 100% sure they'll be able to get them for me [theyre helping with all the registration process from afar]. i guess i can just request them later if i get the normal ones to start? hopefully the process isn't much of a pain
Old 05-13-2021, 10:05 PM
Kgoheen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mnl
they look good! i'd like to get the black plates for mine too, i told the dealer that i want those but they're out of state so not 100% sure they'll be able to get them for me [theyre helping with all the registration process from afar]. i guess i can just request them later if i get the normal ones to start? hopefully the process isn't much of a pain
I don’t even think CA dealerships can order them for you. I just got the standard plates, then ordered the “specialty plates” from the DMV website. 50 bucks and it took about 8 weeks.
Old 05-13-2021, 10:07 PM
mnl
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 26 Posts

I don’t even think CA dealerships can order them for you. I just got the standard plates, then ordered the “specialty plates” from the DMV website. 50 bucks and it took about 8 weeks.
interesting, well good to know! thanks!
Old 05-13-2021, 10:14 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

I plan to order personalized plates for my car too. Hoping you can help answer some questions. When you receive your paper temporary "plates" from the dealer, is the number/letter sequence the actual numbers/letters on the physical metal white plate that you receive it in the mail from the DMV?

The reason I ask is because on the CA DMV website, they now make you enter your VIN and plate number. Therefore, if the paper "license plates" they put on your car are the actual number/letter sequence of the metal plates, then I can order my personalized plates once I complete the paperwork. If not, then I have to wait until the actual white metal plates arrive in the mail before I can order my personalized plates.
Old 05-13-2021, 11:25 PM
Kgoheen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
I plan to order personalized plates for my car too. Hoping you can help answer some questions. When you receive your paper temporary "plates" from the dealer, is the number/letter sequence the actual numbers/letters on the physical metal white plate that you receive it in the mail from the DMV?

The reason I ask is because on the CA DMV website, they now make you enter your VIN and plate number. Therefore, if the paper "license plates" they put on your car are the actual number/letter sequence of the metal plates, then I can order my personalized plates once I complete the paperwork. If not, then I have to wait until the actual white metal plates arrive in the mail before I can order my personalized plates.
I’m pretty sure to have to wait until you get the actual plate number. If you get the title (pink slip as we used to call them) first, that will have the 7 digit plate number. I think, as I recall, the online order form will only accept a standard (not temporary) plate number.
mnl (05-13-2021)
Old 05-13-2021, 11:27 PM
Kgoheen
Rennlist Member

I’m pretty sure to have to wait until you get the actual plate number. If you get the title (pink slip as we used to call them) first, that will have the 7 digit plate number. I think, as I recall, the online order form will only accept a standard (not temporary) plate number.
Oh, the answer to the first question is no, the paper plate number is not the same as the metal plate.
Old 05-14-2021, 04:20 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

Oh, the answer to the first question is no, the paper plate number is not the same as the metal plate.
Thanks. So it would seem that the temporary paper plates is truly a random temporarily assigned number. How long did it take you to receive the regular white metal plates? I'm just trying to get an idea of timeline so if it takes about 4-6 weeks for the regular white metal plates and then another 8 weeks for the Legacy plates, dang that's a long time.
Old 05-14-2021, 10:29 AM
Kgoheen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Thanks. So it would seem that the temporary paper plates is truly a random temporarily assigned number. How long did it take you to receive the regular white metal plates? I'm just trying to get an idea of timeline so if it takes about 4-6 weeks for the regular white metal plates and then another 8 weeks for the Legacy plates, dang that's a long time.
It is a long time but hey, we’re talking about the California DMV! I think I got the white plates in 3-4 weeks. I actually ordered the legacy plates a few weeks after that. The confirmation said 4-6 weeks but was over 8.
Old 05-14-2021, 02:39 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,702 Likes on 2,736 Posts
Default Friday Bump!

Well actually the picture was taken yesterday, needed a few things at the store, the weather was simply too nice not to take the Spyder!

Tomorrow up to the track, today working on the last bit of setup for the Track Precision app!

The following 3 users liked this post by Westcoast:
Frank Torres (05-15-2021), JP4931 (05-14-2021), UncleDude (05-15-2021)
Old 05-15-2021, 12:09 PM
Frank Torres
Instructor

Received 333 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Well actually the picture was taken yesterday, needed a few things at the store, the weather was simply too nice not to take the Spyder!

Tomorrow up to the track, today working on the last bit of setup for the Track Precision app!

love the wheels bro
Westcoast (05-15-2021)
Old 05-15-2021, 11:24 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast

Looks fabulous, WC!

God bless,
TT
Westcoast (05-16-2021)
Old 05-16-2021, 10:12 AM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 271 Likes on 151 Posts

Beautiful wc!!
Westcoast (05-16-2021)
Old 05-16-2021, 01:13 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,702 Likes on 2,736 Posts
Default Short but Sweet!

Thanks Guys!

As you may know I am working on getting the Track Precision app working in the Spyder, not a lot of success but I haven't given up yet, Porsche has not provided the best of documentation for this and of course not a lot of love for Android either...

Fortunately a friend and fellow Rennlister @rjag2034 was also there with his beautiful Gentian Blue GTS 4.0 and grabbed a video of us flying by the start/finish line!

The following 4 users liked this post by Westcoast:
2XIPA (05-20-2021), rahtid (05-16-2021), rjag2034 (05-16-2021), Tigers10 (05-17-2021)
Old 05-16-2021, 03:29 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,461 Likes on 2,236 Posts

Nice! The exhaust note is 👍🏻

Quick Reply: The Official Chalk Color Thread