Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Another exhaust sound data point

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 08:53 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,871 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Rockford
Thanks for solving my insomnia. Based on what I heard in another thread, luckily a Soul exhaust can wake me back up.
Oh, I’m sure there are plenty of brap brap options out there that’ll get you all the attention you need to feed the look-at-me dragon.
Old 06-21-2020, 03:25 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

Cool video from CarsWithLuke of his 718 GT4 featuring our Titanium Silenced Valved Race Pipe and Black Ceramic Inconel Rolled Tips

It’s always tough to capture tone and exhaust sound on video but you can hear quite a nice difference here especially vs his older videos with stock exhaust

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
The following 2 users liked this post by JCR-Porsche:
alexk79 (06-22-2020), phefner (06-22-2020)
Old 06-21-2020, 03:37 PM
Hit Apex
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
Cool video from CarsWithLuke of his 718 GT4 featuring our Titanium Silenced Valved Race Pipe and Black Ceramic Inconel Rolled Tips

https://youtu.be/NHbZfafmFSU

It’s always tough to capture tone and exhaust sound on video but you can hear quite a nice difference here especially vs his older videos with stock exhaust

JC
Yes, that does sound very good.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:25 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,662 Likes on 2,713 Posts

JC
JC, can you elaborate on Luke's comment @ 3:44 that a ECU remap is required if the GPF is removed from the car? Is this true for Canada/US or only EU?
Old 06-21-2020, 04:30 PM
DocMo
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 87 Posts

JC
Lovely sound but I am glad I did order the Non Silenced Valved Race Pipe. Can’t wait to receive mine and share how it sounds in real life.
by the way, I am planning to keep the valves unplugged (i.e., open all time). Do you think it will drone?
Old 06-21-2020, 05:07 PM
JAhmed
Rennlist Member

Received 1,874 Likes on 784 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
JC, can you elaborate on Luke's comment @ 3:44 that a ECU remap is required if the GPF is removed from the car? Is this true for Canada/US or only EU?
This has been discussed ad nauseum. North American cars do not require a tune after GPF removal.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:27 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,662 Likes on 2,713 Posts

Originally Posted by JAhmed
This has been discussed ad nauseum. North American cars do not require a tune after GPF removal.
Not really, and if you are not interested then don't read what I am about to say...

I am not talking about that part of the program that monitors the GPF but rather any changes that may occur due to the reduction in back pressure and corresponding increase in flow. Even the non-active GPF units have internal structure that affects exhaust gas flow.

If the OEM programing can adjust for this change I was simply looking for confirmation from an exhaust manufacturer not an end-user.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:34 PM
JAhmed
Rennlist Member

Received 1,874 Likes on 784 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Not really, and if you are not interested then don't read what I am about to say...

I am not talking about that part of the program that monitors the GPF but rather any changes that may occur due to the reduction in back pressure and corresponding increase in flow. Even the non-active GPF units have internal structure that affects exhaust gas flow.

If the OEM programing can adjust for this change I was simply looking for confirmation from an exhaust manufacturer not an end-user.
Wow cool story.
Old 06-21-2020, 07:05 PM
VVG
Rennlist Member

Received 1,093 Likes on 539 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Rockford
Thanks for solving my insomnia. Based on what I heard in another thread, luckily a Soul exhaust can wake me back up.
Honestly...in the mod game, the first to the table are rarely the best. Wait for options form Armytrix, Akrapovic and Capristo before you jump. Can't go wrong with Supersprint either and they are available now.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:14 AM
alexk79
Advanced

Received 59 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by VVG
Honestly...in the mod game, the first to the table are rarely the best. Wait for options form Armytrix, Akrapovic and Capristo before you jump. Can't go wrong with Supersprint either and they are available now.
Funny is that these 4 companies mentioned are the least popular in the Porsche community, especially in the American and European market.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:51 AM
Sausage416
Pro

Received 336 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by alexk79
Funny is that these 4 companies mentioned are the least popular in the Porsche community, especially in the American and European market.
here in North America akrapovic is a top tier name ,most love it. Armytrix on the other hand ,pure Asian junk exhaust.
The following users liked this post:
alexk79 (06-22-2020)
Old 06-22-2020, 12:22 PM
Buckett76
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 99 Posts

Has anyone gone over 4,000 miles in the new GT4 or Spyder yet? I wonder how the exhaust sound evolves. On the GTS (T4) the sports exhaust really opened up after 4,000 miles, I had an S that sounded way better but had 8,000 miles when i bought it. When I bought the GTS the exhaust was very muted in comparison, but once over 4,000 miles it really changed and sounds way better now (same as the S). Obviously still a 4T but point being the sound really changed (for the better) and everything 'opened' up once it had been driven some. Just curious if anyone has seen this on the GT4/Spyder before rushing out to get an aftermarket solution from day one (in the US).
Old 06-22-2020, 01:10 PM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Received 628 Likes on 277 Posts

JC
Sounds very good! How about with OPF deletes too?
Old 06-22-2020, 04:58 PM
DocMo
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by DocMo
Lovely sound but I am glad I did order the Non Silenced Valved Race Pipe. Can’t wait to receive mine and share how it sounds in real life.
by the way, I am planning to keep the valves unplugged (i.e., open all time). Do you think it will drone?
Hi JC, would appreciate to hear your perspective? Thanks
Old 06-22-2020, 07:31 PM
Cancuflas
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Buckett76
Has anyone gone over 4,000 miles in the new GT4 or Spyder yet? I wonder how the exhaust sound evolves. On the GTS (T4) the sports exhaust really opened up after 4,000 miles, I had an S that sounded way better but had 8,000 miles when i bought it. When I bought the GTS the exhaust was very muted in comparison, but once over 4,000 miles it really changed and sounds way better now (same as the S). Obviously still a 4T but point being the sound really changed (for the better) and everything 'opened' up once it had been driven some. Just curious if anyone has seen this on the GT4/Spyder before rushing out to get an aftermarket solution from day one (in the US).

mine is 6.000kms and sounds Better each day. I bought and installed an Schmidt race silencer but inside the car is a horrible experience. I feel a fatal sound plenty of drones and really uncomfortable harmonics that are really annoying.

The worst part happens when the car is stoped at service temperatures with the engine idling and until 2500rpm. From that day, I’m happy Because I decided to cancel the sports exhaust button and I left the valves full opened all the time at any rpm. Sounds really good with the factory exhaust and silencer.

Quick Reply: Another exhaust sound data point