Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

who is doing european delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 04:45 PM
goretexpretzels
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 38 Posts

October Leipzig delivery for Spyder, planning to do 4500km in 16 days. Looking at track wrap options too, even if it may make it look pretty ugly with plastic pasted all on the new GB paint, but with that much mileage might be worth it
Old 07-18-2020, 05:02 PM
ISPYA718
Burning Brakes

Received 752 Likes on 311 Posts

I inquired with a German company as I had a European Delivery scheduled for this past May. I can give you company link if you want. I think I would have probably ended up doing track wrap tape instead. . I didn’t want to wait 3-4 days for it Here is the email response I received from German company near factory. “Thank you for your request.

The partial wrap of your front parts with XPEL paint protection at the Porsche 718 Spyder costs approx. 1.850,00 € without tax.

For this we need the car about approx. 2 days.

Following parts are included:

- complete front bumper

- complete hood

- full fender

- window frame

- mirrors

- door handles

- parts of the rear bumper (behind the wheels)

To wrap the complete car will cost 4.500,00 € without tax and takes 3 to 4 days of time.

We hope the offer is in your interest.

Please contact us if you have any questions.“
Old 07-18-2020, 05:16 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Shooting for Spring European delivery. Gts4.0 or Spyder.
Old 07-18-2020, 06:21 PM
goretexpretzels
Advanced

Originally Posted by ISPYA718
I inquired with a German company as I had a European Delivery scheduled for this past May. I can give you company link if you want. I think I would have probably ended up doing track wrap tape instead. . I didn’t want to wait 3-4 days for it Here is the email response I received from German company near factory. “Thank you for your request.

The partial wrap of your front parts with XPEL paint protection at the Porsche 718 Spyder costs approx. 1.850,00 € without tax.

For this we need the car about approx. 2 days.

Following parts are included:

- complete front bumper

- complete hood

- full fender

- window frame

- mirrors

- door handles

- parts of the rear bumper (behind the wheels)

To wrap the complete car will cost 4.500,00 € without tax and takes 3 to 4 days of time.

We hope the offer is in your interest.

Please contact us if you have any questions.“
Thanks for the offer! However, with a pretty ambitious agenda, I wouldn't have an extra couple days for anything to be done.

Was supposed to be June delivery so waiting patiently (and crossing fingers EU is still open to Canadians come October)
The following users liked this post:
ISPYA718 (07-18-2020)
Old 07-19-2020, 01:55 AM
herragge
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by goretexpretzels
Thanks for the offer! However, with a pretty ambitious agenda, I wouldn't have an extra couple days for anything to be done.

Was supposed to be June delivery so waiting patiently (and crossing fingers EU is still open to Canadians come October)
When is your schedule date?

Mine is September 23rd in Leipzig. EU border is open to us Canadians...problem is coming home, quarantine for 2 weeks is a tough sell for me...hanging on to the Euro Delivery dream until the last minute...
Old 07-19-2020, 02:32 AM
goretexpretzels
Advanced

Originally Posted by herragge

Mine is September 23rd in Leipzig. EU border is open to us Canadians...problem is coming home, quarantine for 2 weeks is a tough sell for me...hanging on to the Euro Delivery dream until the last minute...
Oct 6. I'm actually trying to get an earlier date (ie Sept) as my car is already built and in Leipzig as of last week. I just had scheduling issues that originally barred me from doing September, but the restrictions freed up. Let me know if you pass on the Sept 23 date

ED for a Porsche is literally my life dream (both the ED and the car) so I'm accepting the cost of 2 week quarantine coming back!
Old 07-19-2020, 10:25 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,739 Likes on 2,756 Posts

Originally Posted by goretexpretzels
Oct 6. I'm actually trying to get an earlier date (ie Sept) as my car is already built and in Leipzig as of last week. I just had scheduling issues that originally barred me from doing September, but the restrictions freed up. Let me know if you pass on the Sept 23 date

ED for a Porsche is literally my life dream (both the ED and the car) so I'm accepting the cost of 2 week quarantine coming back!
Very cool, keep us posted if you can get over early, right now would be a great time for a drive in Europe.

Don't forget the pictures, lots of pictures!
goretexpretzels (07-19-2020)
Old 07-19-2020, 08:19 PM
Seinsmeld13
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was going to do it so I could drive the Autobahn with my new Spyder. With Covid19 I decided not to it. I may do it when I buy my next Porsche.
Old 07-21-2020, 05:51 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Is anyone here paying this $3k "ED surcharge" that one SA is talking about? I thought the dealer covers it with Porsche and gets an extra plum GT allocation in return, no? Anyway, it's a no cost option on the configurator, so there should be no charge to the buyer. Just getting my facts straight before I unleash to the SA. Oh, and apparently ED "has been discouraged due to the pandemic".
Old 07-21-2020, 08:11 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Is anyone here paying this $3k "ED surcharge" that one SA is talking about? I thought the dealer covers it with Porsche and gets an extra plum GT allocation in return, no? Anyway, it's a no cost option on the configurator, so there should be no charge to the buyer. Just getting my facts straight before I unleash to the SA. Oh, and apparently ED "has been discouraged due to the pandemic".
It's my understanding that there is a $3000 cost that I believe the dealer "covers" but is "rewarded" with an extra allocation. In times when allocations are selling at a premium, I can see how doing ED is worth it for them because then they can get another allocation to sell whatever hot car is available at another premium but in times like this where cars are not being sold at a premium, it might less of a desire to get another allocation because they aren't selling them at a premium. I've heard of some dealers being ED friendly and will do it without hesitation and I've heard of some dealers being completely against it. Maybe you got one that is against it.
RennenStimpy (07-27-2020)
Old 07-21-2020, 08:20 PM
Cali
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Just had to squash my Euro Delivery dreams today, on the day my build was due. Didn't want to risk any delivery delays if EU borders still closed to us Americans this winter (I figured there would be some logistical details that might need sorting if ED is cancelled, potentially delaying delivery to my home in California). Maybe the 2026 Spyder will be picked up in Leipzig.
Old 07-21-2020, 08:41 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
It's my understanding that there is a $3000 cost that I believe the dealer "covers" but is "rewarded" with an extra allocation. In times when allocations are selling at a premium, I can see how doing ED is worth it for them because then they can get another allocation to sell whatever hot car is available at another premium but in times like this where cars are not being sold at a premium, it might less of a desire to get another allocation because they aren't selling them at a premium. I've heard of some dealers being ED friendly and will do it without hesitation and I've heard of some dealers being completely against it. Maybe you got one that is against it.
This is correct, certainly my experience with my 2018 GT3 Euro Del.

Also note that some dealers enforce the escrow of the 19% GST/VAT that the car would be subject to if it is not exported from the EU within 6 months (or 5000km) - some dealers don't enforce this ... (Also note that if you lease the car, PFS is liable for this not you - so smart people lease the car, unless they want to keep it in EU for longer than a couple of weeks and then flip to finance once the car is in NA)
Old 07-21-2020, 08:47 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by herragge

hang onto it - also remember that you can keep the car in the EU for up to 6 months or 5000km (if you purchase, if you lease I think its 16 days enforced by PFS leasing) ... when I did EU Delivery back in 2018 I parked my GT3 in Frankfurt Airport Secured Parking for a couple of weeks and went back for a 2nd helping of track time.
Old 07-21-2020, 08:49 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
Is anyone here paying this $3k "ED surcharge" that one SA is talking about? I thought the dealer covers it with Porsche and gets an extra plum GT allocation in return, no? Anyway, it's a no cost option on the configurator, so there should be no charge to the buyer. Just getting my facts straight before I unleash to the SA
Short answer is no, that is a dealer surcharge not (as it used to be) a customer charge, you might want mention to your SA that this was your understanding and you would like to clarify with the PCNA European Delivery Manager!

Originally Posted by hf1
. Oh, and apparently ED "has been discouraged due to the pandemic".
I think that is pretty reasonable really from PAG's POV ... after all they have limited storage and with all the travel restrictions and the continual changes in those, its difficult for them to plan ahead, and then subsequently re-plan to "undo" a failed ED and replace with normal shipping... although I think its mostly the storage vs the delivery that is the gating factor

Last edited by Larry Cable; 07-21-2020 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-22-2020, 12:21 AM
goretexpretzels
Advanced

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Short answer is no, that is a dealer surcharge not (as it used to be) a customer charge, you might want mention to your SA that this was your understanding and you would like to clarify with the PCNA European Delivery Manager!

I think that is pretty reasonable really from PAG's POV ... after all they have limited storage and with all the travel restrictions and the continual changes in those, its difficult for them to plan ahead, and then subsequently re-plan to "undo" a failed ED and replace with normal shipping... although I think its mostly the storage vs the delivery that is the gating factor
I've had the opposite experience- the dealer and ED coordinator has been very helpful rescheduling and offering contingency plans (if I cannot go due to Covid travel restrictions, 1% penalty for cancelling ED waived, or can keep car till spring in Leipzig,or dealer can take my car from me and sell as stock).

Quick Reply: who is doing european delivery?