Today's Craigslist Finds...

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 11:56 AM
strathconaman
Three Wheelin'

Received 202 Likes on 131 Posts
Default Power "Wailtail"

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/o...ationFlag=true

This one has a "Wailtail". There is no indication in the add why the spoiler makes so much noise. Maybe it has something to do with the "rocket" transmission.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:05 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,673 Likes on 923 Posts

Originally Posted by strathconaman
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/o...ationFlag=true

This one has a "Wailtail". There is no indication in the add why the spoiler makes so much noise. Maybe it has something to do with the "rocket" transmission.
Sure you got the link right? The black C4S in the picture doesn't have the Porsche classic whale tail or any tail to mention it.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:52 PM
strathconaman
Three Wheelin'

Received 202 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by b3freak
Sure you got the link right? The black C4S in the picture doesn't have the Porsche classic whale tail or any tail to mention it.
... SUEDE HEADLINER, POWER WAILTAIL, POWER MOONROOF, 6 SPD ROCKET TRANSMISSSION....

A W-H-A-L-E tail is one thing. A W-A-I-L tail is something else completely. I am just not sure what.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:40 AM
Akshun12
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by b3freak

The.Best.RL.Reply.Ever.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:49 AM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by strathconaman
... SUEDE HEADLINER, POWER WAILTAIL, POWER MOONROOF, 6 SPD ROCKET TRANSMISSSION....

A W-H-A-L-E tail is one thing. A W-A-I-L tail is something else completely. I am just not sure what.

hahahaha... oh I got ya, the dealer put that in the description. I wondered why it was spelled "wail" instead of the correct "whale". Guess the seller is implying that when you attempt to lift the spoiler, it malfunctions thereby causing you to "wail" in pain. hahaha
Old 10-06-2016, 10:55 AM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Akshun12
The.Best.RL.Reply.Ever.
Ha... those exchanges from other RL members (including myself) were tough at times, but necessary IMHO. It's unfortunate, because the seller could have sold the car with full disclosure and kindness. But it seems he was very defensive and condescending to those making appropriate technical comments and asking practical questions about the condition of his 996. To say it when south, is putting it mildly. ha! Regardless, I hope he sells it because frankly, it looks like a decent restoration, but I'd still recommend a thorough PPI to rule out any future issues.

Last edited by ZuffenZeus; 10-06-2016 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:59 AM
1999Aero911
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Nowhere else I have seen a few uneducated "experts" opinions treated like gospel.

Where a persons comments can be completely misconstrued. (for instance the quote was explaining that the engine/transmission were not damaged when the car was hit "As the owner of this car, I can tell you that the rear impact only effected the rear quarter panel, well over a foot away from the engine and transmission." )

The libel in this thread costs honest people tens if not hundreds of thousands dollars. 99% of the time the "opinions" in this thread are from people who have never seen a car in person, yet are compelled to post negative "opinions" about said car.

b3freak, I also recommend deleting all posts/pictures related to the libelous information as I am reporting this thread. This thread cost my car selling unfairly and unjustly in the past and I am not going to sit idly by and have it happen again.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:13 AM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

And he's back without first picking up a clue along the way

Please do come back and let us know after you pay a lawyer a good deal of money to tell you that you don't know what libel is.

The entire purpose of this thread is to give honest opinions based on the information presented. In the case of your car it did that quite effectively by debunking your outrageous claims and uncovering true information that you preferred was kept from any potential buyer.

Quoted for posterity since you suggest others delete their posts:
Originally Posted by 1999Aero911
Nowhere else I have seen a few uneducated "experts" opinions treated like gospel.

Where a persons comments can be completely misconstrued. (for instance the quote was explaining that the engine/transmission were not damaged when the car was hit "As the owner of this car, I can tell you that the rear impact only effected the rear quarter panel, well over a foot away from the engine and transmission." )

The libel in this thread costs honest people tens if not hundreds of thousands dollars. 99% of the time the "opinions" in this thread are from people who have never seen a car in person, yet are compelled to post negative "opinions" about said car.

b3freak, I also recommend deleting all posts/pictures related to the libelous information as I am reporting this thread. This thread cost my car selling unfairly and unjustly in the past and I am not going to sit idly by and have it happen again.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:15 AM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Where a persons comments can be completely misconstrued. (for instance the quote was a reply to a question regarding if the engine/transmission were hit, which I replied that it only hit the rear quarter and not those items)

Well dude, you may have a case to "cleanse the thread" of the exchanges (that's up to the RL admins), but I wouldn't go that far as to say you were libeled or slandered in any way. This is a technical forum... period. We're going to discuss the good, bad, and ugly when 996 cars pop up on Craigslist, eBay, and other internets markets. When we see something that's questionable, then we point it out and discuss it. But I wouldn't continue to insult RL members as "uneducated" either, because that's what really started this whole mess with you in the first place. Personally, I think the thread was within the rules of RL. The admins were watching and nothing else was removed that I can remember. The only slander was you doing it to yourself by making outrageous claims about your car and when another RL member ran the VIN and found the Co-Part photos, you came unglued. Why? Because you didn't want the truth (in pictures) to be known to potential buyers because it could hurt your sell, right? Thank goodness buyers have resources like CarFax, AutoCheck and the internet in general. It has leveled the playing field.

I'll let others chime in, but regardless, I hope you sell it for fair market value based on the true history of the car.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:23 AM
ditto
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread just became more interesting.

Do 996's with prior salvage titles sell in the 20's?
Old 10-06-2016, 11:25 AM
1999Aero911
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gnat
In the case of your car it did that quite effectively by debunking your outrageous claims and uncovering true information that you preferred was kept from any potential buyer.
Name ONE time where this was the case?
Old 10-06-2016, 09:56 PM
docmirror
Shameful Thread Killer
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Name ONE time where this was the case?
Please stop shilitting in this thread. This is for CL/ebay/kijji etc car ads.

Bargain of the century here.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/5788847487.html

Speed yellow cab, low miles with HT. Only thing is black int and 3 spoke wheel. Guess I could swap it!
Old 10-06-2016, 10:23 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by docmirror
Please stop shilitting in this thread. This is for CL/ebay/kijji etc car ads.
Let's drop it please. Enough has been said and the mods closed the thread for awhile to keep it from spinning out of control like it did back in June. It got reopened though, so let's not go off the rails here please.

There are obviously some personality conflicts, but he is trying to sell what appears to be a good car. If it passes a good PPI that confirms quality repairs I still think it was a good deal at the original $15k and it's a steal at $10k.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:13 PM
Kalashnikov
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

For $10k, 1991Aero's car is a decent deal if Carfax confirms the mileage. Even I am tempted by the car.
Old 10-07-2016, 02:30 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 441 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by docmirror
Bargain of the century here.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/5788847487.html

Speed yellow cab, low miles with HT. Only thing is black int and 3 spoke wheel. Guess I could swap it!
I agree, excellent value on that yellow one. I will be out there next weekend if anyone need somebody to take a look at it. If it was a coupe, I would consider it for myself.

Quick Reply: Today's Craigslist Finds...