Notices

Emden to US West Coast @ 2024

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2024, 02:15 AM
Ferminator07
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zanary
I agree with the Fremont comment. My SA, Carsten Bremer (cbremer@porschefremont.com) (925-474-7400‬) is fantastic. Got me a "T" build last year, and I just picked it up 1.5 weeks ago. It is a highly spect "T".
Carsten is the man! I see him as a facilitator/advisor in connecting me to my car. Carsten is a fantastic representative for Porsche.
Old 05-15-2024, 06:31 PM
roninshiba
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by JohsonChou
My Spyder RS was at port 5/7 and scheduled to depart 5/8 and arrive 6/8 to San Diego . Now it is still sitting at the port with the scheduled date unchanged (5/8). Sounds like it missed the 5/10 sailing Dione Leader. Hopefully it gets in RCC compass, but that does mean it will be delayed 10 days.
I was wondering how the cars are scheduled to load on the ships. My C4GTS was in Emden on 4/25, but did not make it onto the Dione Leader. Several others noted that their cars were loaded and had arrived at Emden after mine. Clearly not prioritized by arrival date at Emden. The RCC Compass is currently moored in Emden, so I'm hoping my car is loaded. FWIW, I doubt the TYD dates will be updated until the cars are loaded and in route.

Last edited by roninshiba; 05-15-2024 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-15-2024, 09:43 PM
GTSGO!
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, it happened. I got confirmation late Friday that I should shot up at 10am to pick up my 2024 Porsche 911 Carrera T from my dealer even with the Bay Area storm in full swing. Everything went off well. Signed paperwork, Installed the rubber floor mats (it was storming of course)... Brought her home slowly... What an amazing vehicle. About 2 minutes outside of the dealership, I got the notice about WET mode. Guess that feature really works.

Installed a bunch of accessories I've been stockpiling throughout Saturday and Sunday. Took her for a drive and now ishe's got just over 120 miles on it. Heading to my PPF guy so another 2 weeks before I see her again...

Wet photo was Saturday on day of pickup in the storm.
Sunny photo was Sunday in the later afternoon.

Can I ask who you are using for PPF in the Bay Area? I am likely doing a full ppf at OCD or Carwerks, but neither had any 992 examples in the shop when I visited (lots of Teslas). Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
zanary (05-16-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 09:52 PM
zanary
Racer

Received 547 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by GTSGO!
Can I ask who you are using for PPF in the Bay Area? I am likely doing a full ppf at OCD or Carwerks, but neither had any 992 examples in the shop when I visited (lots of Teslas). Thanks.
Joe at OCDetailing does all of my cars. My 911-T is over there right now getting done. Should be done by Saturday the latests I believe.

Full on Paint Correction
Custom 911 Racing Decals in Agate Grey
PPF (STEK-Dynoshield) full custom install overtop of decals (both my custom one and the factory door decal)
PPF on interior black glossy surfaces and exterior color painted surfaces.
CQuarts Finest Reserve on everything including all black plastic parts on the outside + wheels + calipers
3M Crystalline 70 on all windows
and some installation of stuff I wanted (turbinate Porsche hood crest, radiator grills, custom GT3 door pulls, etc...).

Take a look at his YouTube. You'll find a few 718 and some older 991/911.

Joe does some amazing work, and the warranty on both product and labor is just outstanding. He is normal booked out weeks if not months in advance.
Earle (05-16-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 10:13 PM
GTSGO!
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Joe at OCDetailing does all of my cars. My 911-T is over there right now getting done. Should be done by Saturday the latests I believe.

Full on Paint Correction
Custom 911 Racing Decals in Agate Grey
PPF (STEK-Dynoshield) full custom install overtop of decals (both my custom one and the factory door decal)
PPF on interior black glossy surfaces and exterior color painted surfaces.
CQuarts Finest Reserve on everything including all black plastic parts on the outside + wheels + calipers
3M Crystalline 70 on all windows
and some installation of stuff I wanted (turbinate Porsche hood crest, radiator grills, custom GT3 door pulls, etc...).

Take a look at his YouTube. You'll find a few 718 and some older 991/911.

Joe does some amazing work, and the warranty on both product and labor is just outstanding. He is normal booked out weeks if not months in advance.
thanks so much for the advice! They have a slot, so I’m just going to grab it (and hope I can finally get on a boat!)

edit: and an agate grey decal will look amazing on the ruby color!

Last edited by GTSGO!; 05-15-2024 at 10:15 PM.
zanary (05-16-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 02:02 AM
notcarbonated
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

@zanary I have an appointment to get PPF done with OCD for my 992 when it arrives next month. It's good to hear that you've had consistently good service from them. Which grills are you going with? Haven't decided on any yet
The following 2 users liked this post by notcarbonated:
Earle (05-16-2024), zanary (05-16-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 02:14 AM
zanary
Racer

Originally Posted by GTSGO!
thanks so much for the advice! They have a slot, so I’m just going to grab it (and hope I can finally get on a boat!)
edit: and an agate grey decal will look amazing on the ruby color!
See below

Originally Posted by notcarbonated
@zanary I have an appointment to get PPF done with OCD for my 992 when it arrives next month. It's good to hear that you've had consistently good service from them. Which grills are you going with? Haven't decided on any yet
Since I was doing PPF, and I was expecting the front to come off, I decided to go with the Rennline Radiator Grills
https://www.rennline.com/rennline-ra...ens-sku-e1006/.

For the GT3 door pulls, I went with this
https://gt3belts.com/products/992-gt...47659033788731
and selected the Yellow strap color.

For the decals, I went with this
https://stripegarage.com/collections...43822476656795
and
https://stripegarage.com/collections.../center-stripe
but asked for it to be cut from Satin Dark Grey from Avery to match the factory Carrera T decals on the door.

I also purchased and installed these before I took it to Joe. This way Joe can ceramic coat these along with the rest of the Porsche.
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/pq69315.html

I would highly recommend these if you plan to drive with your windows down. Install before taking to Joe so he can ceramic coat them.
https://awe-tuning.com/products/awe-...or-porsche-992

Last edited by zanary; 05-16-2024 at 02:16 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by zanary:
Earle (05-16-2024), notcarbonated (05-16-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 02:23 AM
Earle
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 70 Posts

@zanary LOL! I just dropped my 992 C2S off Monday at OCD! This is sooo funny, I keep following you around. When is yours done? It will be something else when they are done with your car, it is really going to look awesome.

Mine is due towards the end of next week. I am going through separation withdrawals.

I got the same treatment: full paint correction, the same PPF, ceramic coat and I did 50 tint on all but the front window and that is at 70. I am doing my own matte PPF on the piano black interior.
I put a deposit down in February to hold a spot and kept him in the loop on delivery. I shifted the schedule 3 times due to the port hold and Porsche shipping delays. I think we almost hit him will all of our cars at once. They were super accommodating on scheduling.

Originally Posted by notcarbonated
Old 05-16-2024, 02:30 AM
Angus725
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Did any of you get a PPF done near PEC LA? Wondering if it's possible to get it done on the day of, or day after the pickup🤔
Old 05-16-2024, 02:39 AM
zanary
Racer

Originally Posted by Earle
@zanary LOL! I just dropped my 992 C2S off Monday at OCD! This is sooo funny, I keep following you around. When is yours done? It will be something else when they are done with your car, it is really going to look awesome.

Mine is due towards the end of next week. I am going through separation withdrawals.

I got the same treatment: full paint correction, the same PPF, ceramic coat and I did 50 tint on all but the front window and that is at 70. I am doing my own matte PPF on the piano black interior.
I put a deposit down in February to hold a spot and kept him in the loop on delivery. I shifted the schedule 3 times due to the port hold and Porsche shipping delays. I think we almost hit him will all of our cars at once. They were super accommodating on scheduling.
Haha. you're exactly a week after me. I dropped my off on Monday 5/6 and mine takes about 2 weeks due to scheduling and all of the extras I'm asking Joe to do. I should be picking up late Friday if not Saturday morning, and it's been the longest two weeks ever... I went with 70 tint as I've got the Interior trim the same as the exterior color, plus I did the seat backs in the exterior color, so I didn't want to hid any of that. The 70 tint was just to protect my skin. I wanted to do 90, but Joe recommended 70 instead. I also wanted Joe to finish up wrapping all of the black gloss + all of the exterior painted panels inside (I too lazy to do it myself), and since he had my Porsche for two weeks he could squeee that in, so that's going to be great. He is really accodiating plus his quality is second to none... I wouldn't go with anyone else...

You may see me driving around the Bay Area this weekend becuase my 2024 Porsche 911 Carrera T ain't no garage queen. It's going to be a daily driver for sure...
The following 2 users liked this post by zanary:
Earle (05-16-2024), Ferminator07 (05-17-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 02:44 AM
zanary
Racer

Originally Posted by Angus725
Did any of you get a PPF done near PEC LA? Wondering if it's possible to get it done on the day of, or day after the pickup🤔
In SoCal, Protective Film Solutions is the place to go. There are more than 2 dozen PPF shops in SoCal, but if you have something of value to protect, then PFS comes highly recommended. You do need to schedule your time way in advance. They are near Huntington Beach area I believe, a little bit south east of PEC LA... I would get on the phone with then tomorrow and get a quote and see how soon they can schedule you in. Otherwise, there are so many other PPF shops in SoCal.

Like Joe/OCDetailing in the Bay Area, PFS is one of the most well respective PPF shops. The price may be slightly higher than the other shops, but what you get in return is quality, precision to detail, and satisfaction that the job is done right.
Angus725 (05-16-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 02:47 AM
Earle
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 70 Posts

I totally agree with the statements below! I am daily driving mine as well.

I am interested on how this PPF and ceramic process is done. I was thinking of taking a trip up Friday to OCD (my day off) and just watch for a bit. PM me if you pick up Friday, I would like to see your car again and meet you F2F.

He is really accodiating plus his quality is second to none... I wouldn't go with anyone else...

You may see me driving around the Bay Area this weekend becuase my 2024 Porsche 911 Carrera T ain't no garage queen. It's going to be a daily driver for sure...
Ferminator07 (05-17-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 02:59 AM
Prototyp1
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 29 Posts

If your car is arriving at PECLA and want to get the PPF done before you drive far away, try Rstrada (www.rstrada.com) in Torrance. About 15 mins away from PECLA. They constantly have brand new unwrapped cars at their facility getting prepped for PPF & mod.
Angus725 (05-16-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 10:25 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 730 Likes on 385 Posts

PM sent

we do pick ups from PECLA often and transport to our facility in Costa Mesa 👌

takes a few days to complete depending on what services you want/need
Angus725 (05-16-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 12:35 PM
zanary
Racer

Originally Posted by Earle
I totally agree with the statements below! I am daily driving mine as well.

I am interested on how this PPF and ceramic process is done. I was thinking of taking a trip up Friday to OCD (my day off) and just watch for a bit. PM me if you pick up Friday, I would like to see your car again and meet you F2F.
Joe goes over some of it on his YouTube channel, but next time you're over there ask him. The process is pretty cool to watch... I should be picking up Friday, just not too sure what time. I'll let you know. I'm coming from the Dublin area, so it's around a 45 minute drive down to his place...
Earle (05-16-2024)

Quick Reply: Emden to US West Coast @ 2024