Notices

Emden to US West Coast @ 2024

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2024, 02:24 PM
Earle
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by freesole
While we wait for the Blossom to unload, how many of you have stockpiled parts in the garage ahead of the car?
  • Wheels
  • Tires
  • Suspension
  • Exhaust
  • Clear side markers
  • Magnetic paddles for steering wheel
  • Radiator grills
  • Seat cover for booster seat
  • Floor mats
  • Carbon mirror caps
  • Techart body kit - should be delivered soon..
  • M-Engineering tune: initially for removal of A.S.S. and loud cold start, then
  • ResoNix 922 sound deadening kit
  • Various Cleaning supplies: foam cannon, pressure washer tips and trigger, soaps, microfiber towels, etc.
  • matte PPF for the piano black in the center console
I am waiting on the side markers, EM fuel cap till after delivery.. hoping for a comp.
Old 04-26-2024, 02:34 PM
Earle
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Marin Vizsla
@zanary @Earle That'll be cool if you can get a drone over the lot without getting into trouble.
Easy to do if I use the techniques that U2 Dragon Lady uses - gain altitude and you can see far
I'm starting to run out of new 911 videos to watch on YouTube after 4+ months of waiting.... It would be awesome to get a "At Local Entry Port" milestone 9 e-mail on a Friday - a nice way to start the weekend.
I have long exhausted all of YouTube videos, I am filtering YouTube for new videos in the last week. I have read the online the Porsche manual, not the best format.

I hope we get a notice soon!

I see Swift Ace is due to arrive in Benicia tonight, that may motivate the unloading of Jiuyang Blossom.
Old 04-26-2024, 02:37 PM
BaxterB
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Earle
  • Various Cleaning supplies: foam cannon, pressure washer tips and trigger, soaps, microfiber towels, etc.
I am waiting on the side markers, EM fuel cap till after delivery.. hoping for a comp.
@Earle Can you expand on what your getting with the M engineering and what will the Resonix be used for (and where)
Old 04-26-2024, 02:58 PM
Earle
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BaxterB
@Earle Can you expand on what your getting with the M engineering and what will the Resonix be used for (and where)
Sure:
M-engineering is a sponsor on the 992 list, they do ECU tunes for 992 and other brands. I am initially using their tune to disable the auto start stop and the loud start. This is one of many features they can provide. I will most likely use their services to do a performance enhancement tune after the break-in period and I have a better feel of how the car performs. They also can provide custom tuning for your car to enhance performance based on type of fuel and physical modifications. Pease see their website for more details than what I can provide.

The ResoNix kit is intended to reduce or eliminate road and wind noise and interior rattles. I want to lower the noise floor so I can hear the beautiful flat 6 and not be distracted by other annoying sounds. I understand this kit is going to add some weight to the car. I have scales and once done I will know exactly how much the kit adds in weight. Honestly it really does not matter to me, I'm not tracking the car and even if I did I would not care about the extra weight. I am adding the sound deadening to the doors, rear quarter panels, rear deck, behind the rear seats. Pretty much following the 992 GTS video on the ResoNix site.

I am going to weigh the car the day I get it. I will document the weight over time. I'm doing it just to gather data, it is more of a curiosity for me than anything else.

Last edited by Earle; 04-26-2024 at 10:20 PM. Reason: fix spelling
The following 2 users liked this post by Earle:
BaxterB (04-26-2024), freesole (04-26-2024)
Old 04-26-2024, 09:07 PM
FileTitan
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

Hey guys,

I see that the Cepheus Leader is making a few stops. My question is, to which port will my car be dropped off? Does it have to be San Diego, or does Porsche also have a logistical center in Long Beach/Port Hueneme? (Edit - Checking the Porsche App it shows SD so that answers my question).

Last edited by FileTitan; 04-26-2024 at 09:09 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Earle (04-26-2024)
Old 04-26-2024, 11:11 PM
freesole
Instructor

Received 159 Likes on 62 Posts

Nice! You're getting the car tuned right away before break in? I thought about it too but will probably do sport cats from Kline and tune after 2k miles.
Old 04-27-2024, 01:23 AM
Earle
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by freesole
Nice! You're getting the car tuned right away before break in? I thought about it too but will probably do sport cats from Kline and tune after 2k miles.
Technically, yes I am going to 'tune right away before break in". My initial 'tune' will only disable the A.S.S. and the loud cold start, it will NOT include any performance tune modifications. According to what I have read M-Engineering will accommodate this function.
Old 04-27-2024, 11:00 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,683 Likes on 923 Posts

J.Blossom update... still moored at Benicia. Swift Ace arrived last night and is anchored awaiting its turn for Benicia. Still predicting Monday Milestone 9 email.

The following 2 users liked this post by n4v4nod:
Earle (04-27-2024), Marin Vizsla (04-27-2024)
Old 04-27-2024, 11:44 AM
freesole
Instructor

Received 159 Likes on 62 Posts

Technically, yes I am going to 'tune right away before break in". My initial 'tune' will only disable the A.S.S. and the loud cold start, it will NOT include any performance tune modifications. According to what I have read M-Engineering will accommodate this function.
Ahh, I recall that they had that option. Nice. Now we just need our cars... Blossom seems to be taking some time unloading.
Earle (04-27-2024)
Old 04-27-2024, 01:13 PM
kurquhart
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

I had planned to disable start/stop, too, but my 24 Turbo did not have that feature (bug?) upon delivery (prior years did).
Earle (04-27-2024)
Old 04-27-2024, 07:39 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

J.Blossom update...
another Roro ship has arrived (Glovis Sky)... J.Blossom should be departing soon.
Old 04-27-2024, 08:02 PM
zanary
Pro

Received 583 Likes on 278 Posts

I went today and visited Blossom in person. Took lots of photos. Will post them shortly. I also got access to the VW/Porsche main road where I could see LOTS of VW brand vehicles waiting outside.
  1. They were not unload anything form what I can tell after watching Blossom for over 45 minutes.
  2. The offload area at the dock was FULL of VW brand vehicles, including Porsche.
  3. I did not see anyone checking those cars, and I assume that Custom approves at the dock, but I could be wrong.
  4. At the VW/Porsche/Audio staging area, the gate at Elm Street was wide open, and I was able to enter all the way down to the main Amports Office. From there I could see the entire Porsche lot. Saw a 3RS sitting there which with the large aero wing was pretty obvious. The garage door was closed, so I assume they don't work weekends. It was quiet, and no one approved me asking why I was there. The Amports building appeared empty as well (ie, no one working today).

Based on this, I would guess none of the vehicles offloaded from Blossom has passed Customs as of yet. There were not transports waiting either. It was a ghost town (ie, no staff I could see anywhere). It would not surprise me that all of the vehicles there will remain there for a few more days maybe longer to get approve by Customs, checked out, and then put on transports to their final destination.

I did noticed a few hundred brand new tires outside (all with manufacture wraps on there). I guess this is to replace damaged tires.
The following 4 users liked this post by zanary:
Earle (04-27-2024), freesole (04-27-2024), Marin Vizsla (04-27-2024), n4v4nod (04-27-2024)
Old 04-27-2024, 08:10 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Zanary,
Thanks for the scoop! Quite surprised no activity on the weekend. Oh well.
Old 04-27-2024, 08:11 PM
zanary
Pro

Received 583 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by zanary
I went today and visited Blossom in person. Took lots of photos. Will post them shortly. I also got access to the VW/Porsche main road where I could see LOTS of VW brand vehicles waiting outside.
  1. They were not unload anything form what I can tell after watching Blossom for over 45 minutes.
  2. The offload area at the dock was FULL of VW brand vehicles, including Porsche.
  3. I did not see anyone checking those cars, and I assume that Custom approves at the dock, but I could be wrong.
  4. At the VW/Porsche/Audio staging area, the gate at Elm Street was wide open, and I was able to enter all the way down to the main Amports Office. From there I could see the entire Porsche lot. Saw a 3RS sitting there which with the large aero wing was pretty obvious. The garage door was closed, so I assume they don't work weekends. It was quiet, and no one approved me asking why I was there. The Amports building appeared empty as well (ie, no one working today).

Based on this, I would guess none of the vehicles offloaded from Blossom has passed Customs as of yet. There were not transports waiting either. It was a ghost town (ie, no staff I could see anywhere). It would not surprise me that all of the vehicles there will remain there for a few more days maybe longer to get approve by Customs, checked out, and then put on transports to their final destination.

I did noticed a few hundred brand new tires outside (all with manufacture wraps on there). I guess this is to replace damaged tires.
Here are a few of the photos I took.

The following 4 users liked this post by zanary:
3uros (04-30-2024), Earle (04-27-2024), Marin Vizsla (04-27-2024), n4v4nod (04-27-2024)
Old 04-27-2024, 09:59 PM
Earle
Rennlist Member

Great photos @zanary ! Thank you for your efforts and the on site report! Fantastic photos! I am assuming you did not see your Ruby Star 992?

Last edited by Earle; 04-27-2024 at 09:59 PM. Reason: spelling
zanary (04-27-2024)

Quick Reply: Emden to US West Coast @ 2024