Notices

Emden to US West Coast @ 2024

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2024, 02:13 PM
svanveer
Track Day

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by caymangtsguy2
Congrats! Beautiful spec on the 911 GTS.

After a long journey on the Daisy Leader, I took delivery of the 718 GTS 4.0 today and it's amazing. Now off to get PPF. Excited for everyone to get their car and look forward to seeing pics.

That's a beauty as well. Picking mine up later this morning. Are you getting full PPF done ?
Old 08-14-2024, 04:48 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 184 Likes on 102 Posts

I called my dealer to get an update and he says the car was cleared for release from the port yesterday. Should be very soon now.
The following users liked this post:
Xxyion (08-14-2024)
Old 08-14-2024, 05:05 PM
caymangtsguy2
6th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by svanveer
That's a beauty as well. Picking mine up later this morning. Are you getting full PPF done ?
Thanks! Yes - full PPF, tint, ceramic coat and installing RGS front and side intake grills.
Old 08-14-2024, 09:03 PM
svanveer
Track Day

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Picked her up tomorrow as well - going for PPF and radiator grilles tomorrow.

The following 3 users liked this post by svanveer:
caymangtsguy2 (08-15-2024), kurquhart (08-15-2024), Mike981S (08-17-2024)
Old 08-15-2024, 12:46 PM
mdork
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by jackclsf
Is the My Porsche travel graphic post-shipping completely arbitrary?

The Porsche image has the car heading west in the Atlantic, but the Vessel Finder site says Lake Geneva (match in the HTTP code) is even further east now in Bremerhaven DE.

Looks like Lake Geneva is going to have to dodge Hurricane Ernesto. 😬
Old 08-15-2024, 02:28 PM
chaddleton
6th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ARugger
Except that Lake Geneva is heading to Jacksonville first, which means Sept 1 is, unlikely. I am on that boat as well.
You’re right, looks like it’s Sept 2nd now.
Attached Images
Old 08-15-2024, 04:03 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,541 Likes on 859 Posts

Anyone who was on the Daisy Leader and dropped off at Benicia get any update yet? Kinda hoping our cars will get released today or tomorrow
Old 08-15-2024, 04:32 PM
ARugger
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by chaddleton
You’re right, looks like it’s Sept 2nd now.
both vessel finder and marine traffic note that Lake Geneva's current recorded destination is Jacksonville. The last GPS coordinates (marineTraffic) are consistent with that route, but the most recent data update was almost two days ago. As of today at 12:10 PST, TYD "inspected" coordinates, which appear dynamic, show its position south (well south of JAX), towards St. Marta (or the Panama Canal?). As noted prior (I think), the JAX port expected arrivals for the next couple of weeks do not list Lake Geneva. Lake Geneva did go from Emden to Bremerhaven, which was not indicated on the "TYD map car position"; I did not check the inspect GPS coordinates to see if they matched Bremerhaven.
If the curiosity becomes to much to bear, I will need to bite the bullet and pay for a current location, at least I would know whether or not the inspect data are consistent with marineTraffic's.
Old 08-15-2024, 04:36 PM
Airbag997
Rennlist Member

Received 526 Likes on 276 Posts

both vessel finder and marine traffic note that Lake Geneva's current recorded destination is Jacksonville. The last GPS coordinates (marineTraffic) are consistent with that route, but the most recent data update was almost two days ago. As of today at 12:10 PST, TYD "inspected" coordinates, which appear dynamic, show its position south (well south of JAX), towards St. Marta (or the Panama Canal?). As noted prior (I think), the JAX port expected arrivals for the next couple of weeks do not list Lake Geneva. Lake Geneva did go from Emden to Bremerhaven, which was not indicated on the "TYD map car position"; I did not check the inspect GPS coordinates to see if they matched Bremerhaven.
If the curiosity becomes to much to bear, I will need to bite the bullet and pay for a current location, at least I would know whether or not the inspect data are consistent with marineTraffic's.
Jacksonville port is showing LG arriving Saturday/17th. My 4RS is on LG and anticipated to dock in SD on 09/02.

Old 08-15-2024, 04:49 PM
chaddleton
6th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TYD location is inaccurate / disagree with vessel finder in my experience (start of the journey they entirely disagreed and showed the ship at sea while it was docked). The PDF linked is from the shipping company’s schedule, which shows 9/2 in San Diego, not sure what else we should use as authoritative?
Glovis doesn’t seem to serve Jacksonville on this shipping line, so it’s a bit odd (seems just their US East -> Africa line).

Last edited by chaddleton; 08-15-2024 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-15-2024, 09:54 PM
jackclsf
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Helpful update. Mine should be dropped off in San Diego as well whenever it docks.

How long is it taking to unload and get cars to dealers?

(Also, is anyone else wondering how these workers are revving the manual cars? Probably professionals accountable to the shipping company and have seen nicer cars though)
Old 08-17-2024, 06:22 AM
hisost
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the aero kit!
Old 08-17-2024, 09:22 AM
Airbag997
Rennlist Member

Received 526 Likes on 276 Posts

Lake Geneva pulled in audible, skipped Jacksonville and now sitting at port in Brunswick.
Old 08-17-2024, 12:24 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 184 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarahrhoads
Couple of 3RS cars have been sitting at Edmen since the first week of December. Hopefully this ship is the one that brings them home.
December??
Old 08-17-2024, 04:34 PM
ARugger
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by chaddleton
TYD location is inaccurate / disagree with vessel finder in my experience (start of the journey they entirely disagreed and showed the ship at sea while it was docked). The PDF linked is from the shipping company’s schedule, which shows 9/2 in San Diego, not sure what else we should use as authoritative?
Glovis doesn’t seem to serve Jacksonville on this shipping line, so it’s a bit odd (seems just their US East -> Africa line).
Lake Geneva is currently at the port of Brunswick. That wasn't on any schedule either, nor was Bremerhaven following Emden. The Jacksonville port authority web page does not list Lake Geneva as an expected arrival any time soon. Both vessel finder and marineTraffic note when their data was updated, I do believe it is accurate based on the update. For me, there is no reason to believe that the boat is not at Brunswick. It appears that a September 2 arrival in SD is unrealistic. Who knows where it is headed now.
As for the TYD GPS coordinate data (from "inspect" current location data), it appears clear that it is not anywhere close to where the boat actually is, nor is the map/car diagram. Why those GPS coordinate data changes dynamically is odd, perhaps related to matching the car/map.
I do believe though that the inspect data that identifies the ship that the car is on is accurate. I will hang my hat on following the updates from both of those websites (VF, MT), knowing that it will get here when it does.

Quick Reply: Emden to US West Coast @ 2024