Notices

Emden to US West Coast @ 2024

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2024, 05:49 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,490 Likes on 833 Posts

Anyone get any updates for their car that is at Benicia? My SA says my car hasnt left port yet and is expecting the car sometime in this next week.

update: SA just emailed me saying car should be there either tomorrow or Monday. So it seems like cars are starting to be released from Benicia Port. Might be picking up my car Tuesday!

Last edited by Xxyion; 08-17-2024 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-17-2024, 08:51 PM
Butzi
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

Ship is on its way to Benicia. Expected to arrive late at night 8/19.
I swear I just posted that twice, but other forums.
Edit: Sorry, was referring to Sumire Leader ship heading towards Benicia, not cars already there...

Last edited by Butzi; 08-18-2024 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-19-2024, 11:37 AM
Dicecal
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 64 Posts

Anyone with a car that was on the Sumire Leader that unloaded in San Diego on Saturday Aug 17th get an update Via TYD yet? Maybe by tonight?
Old 08-19-2024, 11:51 AM
Airbag997
Rennlist Member

Received 522 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by ARugger
Lake Geneva is currently at the port of Brunswick. That wasn't on any schedule either, nor was Bremerhaven following Emden. The Jacksonville port authority web page does not list Lake Geneva as an expected arrival any time soon. Both vessel finder and marineTraffic note when their data was updated, I do believe it is accurate based on the update. For me, there is no reason to believe that the boat is not at Brunswick. It appears that a September 2 arrival in SD is unrealistic. Who knows where it is headed now.
As for the TYD GPS coordinate data (from "inspect" current location data), it appears clear that it is not anywhere close to where the boat actually is, nor is the map/car diagram. Why those GPS coordinate data changes dynamically is odd, perhaps related to matching the car/map.
I do believe though that the inspect data that identifies the ship that the car is on is accurate. I will hang my hat on following the updates from both of those websites (VF, MT), knowing that it will get here when it does.
I believe LG parked at Brunswick potentially due to Ernesto swells. It was there, I confirmed with GPS. It's on it's way to Colombia then another stop in Ecuador/Manta. It's so far running 1 day behind, so could be SD port 09/03. TYD is not useful after it leaves Emden.
Old 08-19-2024, 01:12 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Anyone have any updates from Benicia? My SA thought i'd be getting the car soon, but they took delivery of a bunch of cars on Sunday and my car was not part of the batch. So as of right now my car has been at Benicia for about 9 days.

Update: TYD tracking just updated with my car on its way to my dealership. SA says it should be there today which makes sense as they are only about a an hour drive from the Port. So i'm hoping ti gets dropped off around noon time which is when they took delivery of a bunch of other cars yesterday.

Last edited by Xxyion; 08-19-2024 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-19-2024, 05:23 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 165 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferrarisimo
I called my dealer to get an update and he says the car was cleared for release from the port yesterday. Should be very soon now.
Another update: They see the car as being released on 8/23. So for posterity:

8/6: Daisy Leader docked in San Diego
8/8: TYD updated that the car had arrived at port
8/13: The car passed customs and was cleared for release
8/23 (tentative): Car will be shipped to dealer

The story of this delivery has been one of pleasant surprises and frustrations. I was able to speed through the PTS Plus feasibility program with no impact to my original production dates and subsequently sped through production without any of the delays that a lot of folks were seeing back in April and May. Unfortunately, my car was then delayed at every turn that it could have outside of production: It sat for a month at Emden; it rounded the tip of South America instead of transiting the Panama Canal; and it will have sat at the destination port for two and a half weeks (barring any further delays).

In all, an extra 60+ days were added to an otherwise hyper efficient production process. I guess everything averages out in the end, and ultimately, these are first-world frustrations.

Last edited by Ferrarisimo; 08-19-2024 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-19-2024, 07:22 PM
Zakato70
Advanced

Received 98 Likes on 32 Posts

The story of this delivery has been one of pleasant surprises and frustrations. I was able to speed through the PTS Plus feasibility program with no impact to my original production and subsequently speed through production without any of the delays that a lot of folks were seeing back in April and May. Unfortunately, my car was delayed at every turn that it could have outside of production: It sat for a month at Emden; it rounded the tip of South America instead of transiting the Panama Canal; and it will have sat at the destination port for two and a half weeks (barring any further delays).

In all, an extra 60+ days were added to an otherwise hyper efficient production process. I guess everything averages out in the end, and ultimately, these are first-world frustrations.
Thank you for the update! My car was on the same boat (this is my second go around with TYD and ordering a car from Porsche) and to have our ship go around the tip of S America was so silly, I couldn't help but laugh. I'm hoping my car gets to the dealer next week as well. Best of luck to all of Daisy Leader (Strait of Magellan) folks. I'll post if I learn anything new.
Old 08-19-2024, 07:27 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

The story of this delivery has been one of pleasant surprises and frustrations. I was able to speed through the PTS Plus feasibility program with no impact to my original production and subsequently speed through production without any of the delays that a lot of folks were seeing back in April and May. Unfortunately, my car was delayed at every turn that it could have outside of production: It sat for a month at Emden; it rounded the tip of South America instead of transiting the Panama Canal; and it will have sat at the destination port for two and a half weeks (barring any further delays).

What color did you choose for your PTS SRS?
Old 08-19-2024, 07:27 PM
Dicecal
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 64 Posts

Just got the notification my Turbo S is in San Diego…2 days after the ship arrived. Looks like it will be in AZ by the weekend more than likely.
The following 3 users liked this post by Dicecal:
Butzi (08-20-2024), mashoutposse (08-26-2024), Zakato70 (08-19-2024)
Old 08-19-2024, 07:35 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Xxyion
What color did you choose for your PTS SRS?
It's actually PTS Plus, not PTS. And I'm keeping the color selection close to the vest until I actually see it with my own eyes
The following 3 users liked this post by Ferrarisimo:
Butzi (08-20-2024), Mike981S (08-19-2024), Xxyion (08-19-2024)
Old 08-19-2024, 08:07 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

It's actually PTS Plus, not PTS. And I'm keeping the color selection close to the vest until I actually see it with my own eyes
ooooh that tells me its something amazing, Please do post pics once you take delivery i'd love to see it.

On another note, is anyone waiting on a Gentian Blue Boxster at Fremont Porsche? Looks like it got delivered to the dealership along with my car today.

The following users liked this post:
Mike981S (08-19-2024)
Old 08-19-2024, 10:02 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Xxyion
ooooh that tells me its something amazing, Please do post pics once you take delivery i'd love to see it.
I guarantee you it will be indistinguishable from one or two of the "standard" PTS colors. 😂
Old 08-20-2024, 02:24 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Daisy Leader in SD:

Dealer called me to let me know the car arrived this morning, and I got the TYD notification that it was on its way about 10 minutes later.

Last edited by Ferrarisimo; 08-21-2024 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08-20-2024, 02:53 PM
DJN
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 45 Posts

The story of this delivery has been one of pleasant surprises and frustrations. I was able to speed through the PTS Plus feasibility program with no impact to my original production dates and subsequently sped through production without any of the delays that a lot of folks were seeing back in April and May. Unfortunately, my car was then delayed at every turn that it could have outside of production: It sat for a month at Emden; it rounded the tip of South America instead of transiting the Panama Canal; and it will have sat at the destination port for two and a half weeks (barring any further delays).

If it gives you any consolement......my car is in the precise situation as your new machine, "08/23 ship to dealer" (I am in Las Vegas). I too sat for a month at Emden (missing several other boats - was hoping for the Cronos Leader).
According to my dealer they received some cars from the Daisy Leader on August 13th. I can see inefficiencies at the Port of Emden once it leaves Porsche hands, but I can't understand delays when the cars are back under the control of PCNA.

Last edited by DJN; 08-20-2024 at 02:56 PM.
Old 08-20-2024, 02:56 PM
DJN
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 45 Posts

Daisy Leader in SD:

Dealer called me to let me the car arrived this morning, and I got the TYD notification both 10 minutes later.
Oh....just saw this, excellent news!!!!

Quick Reply: Emden to US West Coast @ 2024