Vendor Announcements A place for Rennlist Sponsors to post new products, sales, and deals for members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

| GROUP BUY | Musicar Audio Upgrades for BOSE 992

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2023 | 07:06 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

@12v Nick

any details or updates regarding the subwoofer?
Old 03-08-2023 | 10:35 AM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Hi @12v Nick, any updates on Stage III? Please PM me or contact me directly for shipping details.

Thanks.
Old 03-08-2023 | 12:25 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

My stage 3 arrives tomorrow. Very excited
Old 03-08-2023 | 10:51 PM
SWxSec
Rennlist Member

Received my stage3 today. Haven’t unpacked it yet — waiting for the weekend to do the install. Box is reasonably heavy. Can’t wait to hold the speakers and compare them to the paper Bose.

Last edited by SWxSec; 03-08-2023 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-09-2023 | 12:59 AM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by devsecflops
Received my stage3 today. Haven’t unpacked it yet — waiting for the weekend to do the install. Box is reasonably heavy. Can’t wait to hold the speakers and compare them to the paper Bose.
It's a substantial difference in weight and quality. And we're talking components that are 10x (or more) the cost of the Bose pieces. My Stage 3 rocks!!
Old 03-09-2023 | 04:04 AM
Understeer
Intermediate

I just did the Stage 2 ==> Stage 3 upgrade this week. HUGE improvement.
The following users liked this post:
12v Nick (03-23-2023)
Old 03-09-2023 | 11:52 AM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Understeer
I just did the Stage 2 ==> Stage 3 upgrade this week. HUGE improvement.
Please share more about your experiences and differences btw Stage 2 and 3 and the process. For example, did you have to reprogram the DSP in the process of upgrading from stage 2 to 3? Was there a noticeable improvement in bass volume and clarity?
Old 03-13-2023 | 01:14 AM
Understeer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
Please share more about your experiences and differences btw Stage 2 and 3 and the process. For example, did you have to reprogram the DSP in the process of upgrading from stage 2 to 3? Was there a noticeable improvement in bass volume and clarity?
After having previously opened up the doors to install the sound deadening material, it was relatively simple to re-open them again to add the upgrade midrange and woofer speakers. I had a bit of trouble getting one of the doors re-assembled but managed to figure it out. I have not upgraded the DSP yet and am planning to do that this week. But even without the DSP changes, I thought there was a very noticeable improvement in clarity. The Bose speakers had a harshness to them that grated on my ears. With the new speakers, that harshness is gone. Also I've noticed I can run the system at a lower overall volume and still hear the music so there seems to be an improvement in clarity. The system could still benefit greatly from a subwoofer however I'm pleased with the improvement I've heard so far.
The following 2 users liked this post by Understeer:
12v Nick (03-23-2023), AlterZgo (03-13-2023)
Old 03-22-2023 | 02:47 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

So I recently got around to installing my stage 3 kit. I had previously prepped the vehicle weeks prior. The install was a breeze and for the first time I only had to watch a you tube video one time. The instructions were spot on and very simple to follow.

After install was complete I listened. I had a rattle in my drivers door that was just bothering the heck out of me. It was my fault as I didn’t lay the cld tiles exact. It was the first door I worked on and did a better job on the passenger side. Went to a local stereo shop and got a 12”x12” piece of a similar product. Cut it in half and applied to the spot that I had previously missed and now everything was perfect. Not a single rattle anywhere.

The upgrade in sound was evident. The highs were amazing and the bass was nice and tight. With the Bose distortion would start around 30. If you tried to crank it you’d have to adjust base and treble accordingly. Basically it sounded like **** the higher you went imo.

Now with the upgrade you could crank it to 35 and it felt like there was room to go even further.

Here in lied my dilemma. At 35 it sounded great when the car was off! Now I hadn’t driven the car in a couple months and I forgot just how loud the ambient noise was. I have a GT3 Touring with Dundon street headers and loud center muffler. So when cruising and listening it didn’t sound as loud as I was hoping for.

I thought I could adjust the overall volume using my piwisiii, but that wasn’t the case. I know, newb idea.

I then reached out to Nick and told him of my exhaust setup. He told me overall control would be in the amp not the car, He sent me a link to Download the program to tune the DSP. He set up a time to call and walked me through raising the overall volume by 10-15%.

All I can say is WOW!! Wow wow wow. **** you not.
I knew it had more in it but I wasn’t expecting it to be this good. Now at 30-31 car running it sounds absolutely amazing. Some songs I listen to I cant even raise it above 32.

The stage 3 imo is worth every penny. I payed a similar amount for B&O upgrade in my RSQ8 and this blows that out the water. Love that fact that it’s plug and play and now tuneable with the DSP program.

TLDR: the stage 3 is an amazing upgrade, Nick is a stand up guy and I am a very very satisfied customer.
The following 5 users liked this post by Jbravo23:
12v Nick (03-23-2023), AlterZgo (03-22-2023), Apex Ace (05-16-2023), Go Bruins (03-23-2023), GTS440 (03-23-2023)
Old 03-22-2023 | 03:48 PM
threatZERO
Rennlist Member

Welp - I have catless/akrapovic and I would like for you or Nick to show me how to tune the DSP 10-15% right away anyway. I love my music loud regardless.

Great right up brother, looking forward to it.
Old 03-23-2023 | 01:22 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by devsecflops
Did you get around to your install yet? Curious to hear your feedback on the speaker comparisons!

Originally Posted by Jbravo23
So I recently got around to installing my stage 3 kit. I had previously prepped the vehicle weeks prior. The install was a breeze and for the first time I only had to watch a you tube video one time. The instructions were spot on and very simple to follow.

After install was complete I listened. I had a rattle in my drivers door that was just bothering the heck out of me. It was my fault as I didn’t lay the cld tiles exact. It was the first door I worked on and did a better job on the passenger side. Went to a local stereo shop and got a 12”x12” piece of a similar product. Cut it in half and applied to the spot that I had previously missed and now everything was perfect. Not a single rattle anywhere.

The upgrade in sound was evident. The highs were amazing and the bass was nice and tight. With the Bose distortion would start around 30. If you tried to crank it you’d have to adjust base and treble accordingly. Basically it sounded like **** the higher you went imo.

Now with the upgrade you could crank it to 35 and it felt like there was room to go even further.

Here in lied my dilemma. At 35 it sounded great when the car was off! Now I hadn’t driven the car in a couple months and I forgot just how loud the ambient noise was. I have a GT3 Touring with Dundon street headers and loud center muffler. So when cruising and listening it didn’t sound as loud as I was hoping for.

I thought I could adjust the overall volume using my piwisiii, but that wasn’t the case. I know, newb idea.

I then reached out to Nick and told him of my exhaust setup. He told me overall control would be in the amp not the car, He sent me a link to Download the program to tune the DSP. He set up a time to call and walked me through raising the overall volume by 10-15%.

All I can say is WOW!! Wow wow wow. **** you not.
I knew it had more in it but I wasn’t expecting it to be this good. Now at 30-31 car running it sounds absolutely amazing. Some songs I listen to I cant even raise it above 32.

The stage 3 imo is worth every penny. I payed a similar amount for B&O upgrade in my RSQ8 and this blows that out the water. Love that fact that it’s plug and play and now tuneable with the DSP program.

TLDR: the stage 3 is an amazing upgrade, Nick is a stand up guy and I am a very very satisfied customer.
I couldn't be more thrilled to hear than, man! Glad the install was smooth and even happier to hear how much you love the sound!

I do keep the tuning a bit reserved just to keep the equipment safe, but if you have an extremely loud car(like a GT3T w/ Modded Exhaust), we can bump that up a little as long as you're cautious.

Originally Posted by threatZERO
Welp - I have catless/akrapovic and I would like for you or Nick to show me how to tune the DSP 10-15% right away anyway. I love my music loud regardless.

Great right up brother, looking forward to it.
Shoot me an email and I'll get you set up with what you need.
Jbravo23 (03-23-2023)
Old 03-23-2023 | 11:00 PM
threatZERO
Rennlist Member

Hey guys, I sent an email to nick, not expecting a reply back at 9:57pm est, but I just finished everything but the DSP. Ran out of light and the friend needed to tend to his kids. Unfortunately, the car rattles a lot more now, bass at 0 I am thinking its because I did not seat the door properly, but everything was aligned? Unsure... I'll have Porsche look at it.

The real problem is, using car play to call my girlfriend, she could not hear me at all. I can hear her through the speakers, but she cant hear me unless I use the phone microphones, logically, its maybe the the DSP not being installed, but I am posting here incase any real tech knows what could have gone wrong. Everything has been disconnected and reconnected as per the videos. Only thing I am uncertain about is seating the doors down properly (rattles past 25, treb and bass at 0) and has NO DSP.

Thoughts?

Edit: F it, I am going to do the DSP now in my garage. It's not too hot.
Edit 2: I can't take the two screws out. Even power tools are not strong enough
Edit 3: Figured it out. User error. Passenger door is rattling possibly the absorbers behind the sub not positioned properly. Also none of the presets are working. Pure, smooth, live, surround. I want surround as even with the Bose it sounded a little better. I’ll hit up Nick.

Last edited by threatZERO; 03-26-2023 at 10:17 PM.
ferraris (04-13-2023)
Old 03-24-2023 | 08:59 AM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 12v Nick
Did you get around to your install yet? Curious to hear your feedback on the speaker comparisons!

I couldn't be more thrilled to hear than, man! Glad the install was smooth and even happier to hear how much you love the sound!

I do keep the tuning a bit reserved just to keep the equipment safe, but if you have an extremely loud car(like a GT3T w/ Modded Exhaust), we can bump that up a little as long as you're cautious.

Shoot me an email and I'll get you set up with what you need.
Nick, can you PM me please? I’ve tried to reach out to you via PM and phone regarding my order and have received no response.

Thanks.
Old 04-13-2023 | 09:19 AM
DaveOnTime
Track Day

Bumping the thread and seeing if Nick has found a development partner for base audio systems. There’s a whole bunch of folks like me with a new T due to arrive that are anxious to upgrade. Pls say something is in the works!
Old 04-13-2023 | 01:35 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by DaveOnTime
Bumping the thread and seeing if Nick has found a development partner for base audio systems. There’s a whole bunch of folks like me with a new T due to arrive that are anxious to upgrade. Pls say something is in the works!
Still working on that!

I just posted up a thread in the 992 sub-forum on this, specifically. If I can't find anyone that's reasonably local, I'll start looking into unreasonably local and ship a car out here if we have to.

I've probably got a list of two dozen current owners or those with orders on the way. Might be another group buy opportunity.
The following 2 users liked this post by 12v Nick:
DaveOnTime (04-18-2023), OCDcollective (07-05-2023)

Quick Reply: | GROUP BUY | Musicar Audio Upgrades for BOSE 992