Vendor Announcements A place for Rennlist Sponsors to post new products, sales, and deals for members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

| GROUP BUY | Musicar Audio Upgrades for BOSE 992

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2023, 05:56 PM
threatZERO
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Nick,

Are you going to respond to any of the emails that I sent? You gave me the new email address to start communicating with, I apologized for the lack of communication I had while being deployed and you were quick to want to help me but then vanished after I answered your question.

I've sent you multiple emails, you read all of them, replied to none after your last contact with me.

Please advise how you want me to move forward. If there a new email address?
Old 12-20-2023, 09:57 PM
recarv
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Just got stage 3 in UPS today after corresponding with Nick about it and some other ALP stuff (I'll make another post). For those concerned about weight -- the whole box, including cardboards and the nice wood padding pieces (pretty light) was all of 38lbs, so I'm guessing 35lbs with no packaging for tweeters,midrange,woofers, sound deading, DSP/amp. Which is perfect because the antigravity battery will shave 40lbs off the same area, so I'm net 5lbs down. The sound deadening is 10.6lbs alone, just an FYI. The DSP is 5.8lbs, each woofer is 3.8lbs (8lbs total), the midranges together are 5lbs and the tweeters are 3lbs.

I was gonna kick this over to a local installer, but I may just hit it up myself tomorrow as I'm pretty pumped to hear the difference ASAP.

I'll post this and the other things that are going on / in my GTS in the next month. Suffice to say Nick has already been a huge help and very nice in working with me East coast to get the best overall setup. Stay tuned.
The following users liked this post:
pbcsd (12-20-2023)
Old 12-20-2023, 10:06 PM
pbcsd
Racer

Received 161 Likes on 87 Posts

Anyone in Toronto do Stage 3? Super curious to hear the difference a tune makes.
Old 12-20-2023, 10:33 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 686 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by threatZERO
Nick,

Are you going to respond to any of the emails that I sent?
Been working our way through a very overflowing inbox. Apologies for missing your reply. Emailing you back now!

Originally Posted by recarv
Just got stage 3 in UPS today after corresponding with Nick about it and some other ALP stuff (I'll make another post). For those concerned about weight -- the whole box, including cardboards and the nice wood padding pieces (pretty light) was all of 38lbs, so I'm guessing 35lbs with no packaging for tweeters,midrange,woofers, sound deading, DSP/amp. Which is perfect because the antigravity battery will shave 40lbs off the same area, so I'm net 5lbs down. The sound deadening is 10.6lbs alone, just an FYI. The DSP is 5.8lbs, each woofer is 3.8lbs (8lbs total), the midranges together are 5lbs and the tweeters are 3lbs.

I was gonna kick this over to a local installer, but I may just hit it up myself tomorrow as I'm pretty pumped to hear the difference ASAP.

I'll post this and the other things that are going on / in my GTS in the next month. Suffice to say Nick has already been a huge help and very nice in working with me East coast to get the best overall setup. Stay tuned.
Glad everything showed up safe and sound! Keep in mind on the weight that you're removing the factory components that these are replacing, too. Most of those are fairly cheap and light, but I would still guess 10-15 lbs total including the amp.

Originally Posted by pbcsd
Anyone in Toronto do Stage 3? Super curious to hear the difference a tune makes.
I don't know of anyone with a 992 Stage Three out that way, but there are a couple of Stage Two cars running around. I'll try to track them down and tag them if I can find them in my system.
Old 12-22-2023, 09:24 AM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Received 1,298 Likes on 655 Posts

Im "stage 1" plus...so treated the doors and have upgraded all the speakers except the rears.

Seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on amp...so that would make me a stage III- , as i didnt spring for their speakers.

Last edited by Pad Bender; 12-22-2023 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-23-2023, 11:55 AM
recarv
Rennlist Member

The amp comes with the DSP, so at that point you may want the upgraded speakers as I believe it won't sound that great pushing the sound which is tuned for better speakers through the crappy Bose midrange and woofers. I'd hate to have you do it half way and be disappointed. I just finished putting the amp and dsp in, fully upgraded, the sound is excellent. The woofers basically eliminate any want for a sub, which is perfect.
12v Nick (12-23-2023)
Old 12-23-2023, 12:56 PM
DButcher
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 56 Posts

The amp comes with the DSP, so at that point you may want the upgraded speakers as I believe it won't sound that great pushing the sound which is tuned for better speakers through the crappy Bose midrange and woofers. I'd hate to have you do it half way and be disappointed. I just finished putting the amp and dsp in, fully upgraded, the sound is excellent. The woofers basically eliminate any want for a sub, which is perfect.
As far as I know, Nick tunes the DSP differently for stage 2 (with Bose speaker doors) and stage 3 (full upgraded speakers).
Old 12-23-2023, 01:53 PM
pbcsd
Racer

Curious, presumably folks can enter the software of the Match 10 amp and do a separate tune if desired for whatever reason? Eg to try out the phantom center mix or whatever they call their upmixed CC (for say a two seat tune)?
Old 12-23-2023, 02:00 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 686 Likes on 208 Posts

Glad you're digging the new sound!

Originally Posted by DButcher
As far as I know, Nick tunes the DSP differently for stage 2 (with Bose speaker doors) and stage 3 (full upgraded speakers).
Correct. The Stage Two is a very different tune to optimize the factory Bose mid/woofer. Is it as good as Stage Three? of course not — that would be weird. Still a good value proposition? most think so.

Curious, presumably folks can enter the software of the Match 10 amp and do a separate tune if desired for whatever reason? Eg to try out the phantom center mix or whatever they call their upmixed CC (for say a two seat tune)?
Meh, two-seat tunes are always a handicap in potential performance.

Most of of us don't critically listen to music with a passenger in the car so giving up 20-30% of the experience you could have seems like a big sacrifice. We do use the center channel processing in the software, but it's mostly there to anchor the center for the driver. Since we don't know exactly where someone's head will be, that center adds focus to the stereo presentation.

We will eventually offer some two-seat tunes since it's been a request from a couple of folks. More so in Macans and Cayennes but I can see the use case in any platform. In an ideal world, it will come with a controller to switch between the two tunes.
Old 12-24-2023, 08:53 PM
DButcher
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 56 Posts

Nick and team teased something exciting on Instagram this weekend. Looks to be an upcoming stage 3+ setup ft a custom enclosure for rear shelf. Very exciting.

The following 2 users liked this post by DButcher:
dixonk (12-24-2023), stopngo (12-25-2023)
Old 12-24-2023, 08:59 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,995 Likes on 812 Posts

Nice! I've been waiting to add a sub to my Musicar Stage 3 system!
Old 12-24-2023, 09:21 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,796 Likes on 725 Posts

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
Nice! I've been waiting to add a sub to my Musicar Stage 3 system!
Samezies
Old 01-05-2024, 04:47 PM
pbcsd
Racer

Anyone know if the plug from the Bose amp is a 32 pin or 38 pin?
Old 02-21-2024, 04:59 AM
PDX_911
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey @12v Nick , I'm a Portlander who just got a C2S allocation two days ago, which will be delivered in June.

I'm very interested in learning more about your solutions. Do you encourage folks to stop by your shop to discuss options in-person, and to get a sense of what the various upgrade paths sound like?
12v Nick (02-21-2024)
Old 02-21-2024, 09:15 AM
recarv
Rennlist Member

Can't say enough good things about @12v Nick at Musicar -- his staged sound packages fit perfectly, are plug and play, the instructions are clear and comprehensive and in video, the sound difference is tremendous and even at stage3 the net weight change is nearly negligible and the little weight it does add with the woofers and sound deadening is more forward than rear, so it helps the front lightweight balance.

He also made and provided front sensor kit housing for my ALP which makes it 100% factory look and indistinguishable from other factory sensor pods.

10/10 for Nick!
The following 2 users liked this post by recarv:
12v Nick (02-21-2024), PDX_911 (02-21-2024)

Quick Reply: | GROUP BUY | Musicar Audio Upgrades for BOSE 992