Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1989 porsche 928 s4

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 09:59 PM
deborahpalmdesrt
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1989 porsche 928 s4

Year: 1989
Make: Porsche
Model: 928
Mileage (numbers only please): 52000
Color: linen grey metallic
Price (no $ sign please): $6500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SoCAl
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Tiptronic
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Cassette

edited 4/25
well, whadda you know? she's at Greg's magic shop, and then comin' back to dance with the one that brung her. you guys are fierce enablers!

edited 4/22
porsche sat for last 12 years in my garage - didn't drive it.

purchased early in 1990 from porsche dealership and drove it for 10 years with zero engine damage, electrical was fine, a/c worked perfectly (120 degrees here sometimes), and it ran like a dream ALWAYS, because everytime a light went on, the car went into the shop. also, had one minor dent, fixed.

late in 1999, my brake light came on and a couple days later my timing belt light came on, both for the second time - car was returned to the shop where these same problems were 'fixed' just over a year before. i was told to pay the same insane amount again (more than i am asking for my car). i got mad, bought a new car the next day, and retired the porsche.

i didn't know about draining the fluids to store it, so they weren't - i was told recently that the fuel system will need to be cleaned out completely before anyone attemps to start the engine, so tow required, on now worthless flat tires. car was never jump started after the battery died, so bad gas and old fluids have not been injected into the motor itself, but, could the motor be a problem too??

i would love any information to shed as much light on the sale as i can.

the good news: this diva is gorgeous inside and out, very low miles. few tiny body flaws (see last 3 closeup pics).

custom ordered, probably only one of a kind color combination from factory of linen grey metallic and linen (or parchment - have to look it up) leather interior, with burgandy dashboard and inside trim. all original paint (except one panel exactly matched by dealership in 1990) not faded anywhere, no body problems except one less than dime size ding, a barely noticeable scratch under the fender, and 2 other very small issues. interior is also in excellent shape, with one very small, fixable worn spot, no tears. bbs wheels. original wheels available in separate sale. service records, clear title, 5th tire, fishnet piece and owner's manual included in sale - i was told all the parts are here, except some tools. carfax reports car is totally clean. never smoked in, never met snow or salt. looks practically new. can add engine photo later.

regarding pictures: all lines and stuff that look like a scratch or issue, are only reflections, except in last close ups. there are a couple small scratches, plus some superficial marks that should buff out. yellowed leather in photos is from the camera's flash shadow, color is consistent with no actual yellowing.

given all that non op time, and the age, i feel comfortable that you guys know what services must be done to drive and love this automobile. maybe some of you could tell us what the car needs to get out and grab a bunch of speeding tickets again, information greatly appreciated.

porsche thought this particular car was worth $83,000 when they sold it 24 years ago. not everyone feels that way nowadays, except porsche mechanics.

**present company entirely excepted.

one more amazing fact to this baby - it smells brand new - you can't slide in and not take a huge breath, and smile.
Attached Images             

Last edited by deborahpalmdesrt; 04-25-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:33 AM
Newzealand95825
4th Gear

Looks like a beauty. Is she currently drivable?
Old 04-22-2013, 03:41 AM
deborahpalmdesrt
Track Day

thanks new zealand,

nope. heard lots of conflicting information on what it will take to get it running.

i had no idea i was killing my car by just letting it rest. it had always run perfectly.

if i knew about rennlist in 2000, i'd be driving my pretty lil porsche today.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:06 AM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

nice example, GL
Old 04-22-2013, 11:57 AM
carjmark
Advanced

Default 928

Want to buy, PM sent
Old 04-22-2013, 05:36 PM
deborahpalmdesrt
Track Day

i've had a conversation with an interested party, for a complicated out of state transfer. i offered him a week to let me know if the deal could be made. there is/was no committed sale. car is still on the table, but i am waiting to hear from the guy, nothing yet.

thank you so much carjmark.

thanks 911Crazy, what are you doing slumming on this forum with the big ol' boys. no, jk. thats some major 911 candy you got there. cheers!

deborah

Last edited by deborahpalmdesrt; 04-22-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:42 PM
1980M439
Rennlist Member

PM Sent yesterday. Local SoCal buyer, interested in purchasing your car. Please contact me. Thank you.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:05 PM
matt968
Intermediate

PM sent. Very interested. Thanks!
Matt
Old 04-22-2013, 07:38 PM
deborahpalmdesrt
Track Day

i'm on rennlist (for the week).

craigslist has been crazy, and i've just edited the ad as i get more information from porsche people...

i got so many offers from craigslist at once - the first was chop shop owner with several names, no business phone listed or any public contact information whatsoever, so i began to google the potential buyers before i replied. the very next 'buyer' turned out to have an arrest record for burglary. gotta love google. certainly, some of the contacts were truly solid, but by then, i had spoken to a fellow who is trying to move a mountain before he can buy, and i'm waiting to hear.

i've talked about 30 people out of buying the car, offering suggested repair estimates, and asking that they check with their local porsche guy about fixing a long sitting 928, before they replied back.

this is not a typical business transaction, it's an adoption process that most of you here can understand. i don't care about getting the most money or the fastest deal, just the right deal....

my concern is the end game of this magnificient beast. it should be sold to someone who really understands old porsches and their wicked ways. this particular vital and beautiful 928 is looking for a knowing parent who will respectfully enjoy the hell out of it, and eventually pass it on to the next ecstatic owner to drive to infinity.... and beyond.

Last edited by deborahpalmdesrt; 04-22-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:01 PM
kfitzpat9
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 21 Posts
Default In SoCal

Hi, I sent you a PM and am located in SoCal. My 10 year old daughter says she needs a new car project and told me to buy your car!
Old 04-22-2013, 09:27 PM
deborahpalmdesrt
Track Day

hahahahahaha, kfitz! and matt and arb. you should see my new rennlist emails, weeeeeee - i suddenly feel like a prom queen.

it isn't a problem for me at all that the car be transported. i will help in any way needed. it's only difficult for the long distance porsche nutter. tires should be bought nearby, car blocked up while wheels go to tire store for application. new tires put back on car here (or there) to provide a smooth cruise accoss the country without damaging the rims. my tires are past dead. and a new battery is needed so you can see the mileage. (i just learned this stuff). but you'll need those items anyway. this is so funny, i don't even know who i'm talking to yet!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:15 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by deborahpalmdesrt
i've had a conversation with an interested party, for a complicated out of state transfer. i offered him a week to let me know if the deal could be made. there is/was no committed sale. car is still on the table, but i am waiting to hear from the guy, nothing yet.

thank you so much carjmark.

thanks 911Crazy, what are you doing slumming on this forum with the big ol' boys. no, jk. thats some major 911 candy you got there. cheers!

deborah
My P-car sickness started with a 79 928 that I had for 18 years. Lived in PS for two of those years. GL!
Old 04-23-2013, 01:33 PM
carjmark
Advanced

Default 928

JUst checking in, glad for you that you've had so much interest. I sent you an email and a private message yesterday morning at 11:00 that I'd buy and never heard anything back. Had an 82' 928 years ago; always wanted another I could keep long term with my 95' 993 in 40 year PCA FL home. Please let me know if still available, if not hope you did well. Mark
Old 04-23-2013, 02:59 PM
kfitzpat9
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 21 Posts
Default My daughters ready:)

Originally Posted by deborahpalmdesrt
hahahahahaha, kfitz! and matt and arb. you should see my new rennlist emails, weeeeeee - i suddenly feel like a prom queen.

it isn't a problem for me at all that the car be transported. i will help in any way needed. it's only difficult for the long distance porsche nutter. tires should be bought nearby, car blocked up while wheels go to tire store for application. new tires put back on car here (or there) to provide a smooth cruise accoss the country without damaging the rims. my tires are past dead. and a new battery is needed so you can see the mileage. (i just learned this stuff). but you'll need those items anyway. this is so funny, i don't even know who i'm talking to yet!
See below after rebuilding my last Porsche with my daughter and her friend. She's has all the tools, a mediocre teacher, and is suited up and ready to go. I have access to a trailer and can pick it up, have $$, a spare battery and a portable air compressor for the tires.

We also belong to Shadow Ridge in Palm Desert, so we could bring your adoptee down when we get it up and running perfectly.

Oh, and since you are the prom queen, I can also bring you a corsage Now, I'm feeling like I'm in high school trying to get the cute girl to call me !
Attached Images  
Old 04-23-2013, 09:22 PM
bemrman
Rennlist Member

Default 928 for sale

Hi, Very Interested in your 928, I own a 85 now and had a 90 gt couple of yrs ago, looking for a automatic and i love your color combo, please call me 479.790.7500 cell thank you james

Quick Reply: 1989 porsche 928 s4