Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Spyders in the Wild...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 12:31 PM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jeanrabelais
My Favorite Thread. Always brings a smile to my face.
Ha! I agree! Spyders are the best road trip cars bar none!
Old 04-06-2017, 07:10 PM
blacksheepSpyder
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 29 Posts

It finally came!!! I think it looks amazing!!!

Old 04-06-2017, 07:27 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Gravs
I'm embarrassed to admit that I do try to watch my mileage, and I'm therefore sometimes "forced" to take another vehicle. But if I could drive my Spyder everywhere.. I would.. LWB and all. I'm in love with this car.. and I'm sort of terrified of the idea of selling it for the upcoming gt3 which i have an allocation for. I want the manual gt3 badly.. but I don't want to part with my Spyder... this is an actual daily question for me.

I won't post pics as I've already plastered this thread with my car.. but I'm finally (like, for reals this time) going to experiment with the red wheel transition this weekend to go full "PorscheCEO-spec" with it... i'll post pics then of the end result.

[img]
Old 04-06-2017, 08:10 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

What? Post More Pics of the Red Wheels on a Silver Spyder!
Old 04-06-2017, 08:35 PM
Boxster7
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gravs
+1 I can't think of any other car I would choose over my Spyder for a Euro tour... can't wait for my June tour
Old 04-06-2017, 08:42 PM
Boxster7
Instructor

Originally Posted by CAlexio
I'm embarrassed to admit that I do try to watch my mileage, and I'm therefore sometimes "forced" to take another vehicle. But if I could drive my Spyder everywhere.. I would.. LWB and all. I'm in love with this car.. and I'm sort of terrified of the idea of selling it for the upcoming gt3 which i have an allocation for. I want the manual gt3 badly.. but I don't want to part with my Spyder... this is an actual daily question for me.

I won't post pics as I've already plastered this thread with my car.. but I'm finally (like, for reals this time) going to experiment with the red wheel transition this weekend to go full "PorscheCEO-spec" with it... i'll post pics then of the end result.

[img]

I also do my head in thinking about mileage, but I'm fast coming to the conclusion that there is no point having these cars if I'm not going to do what I enjoy most..... driving the thing !!!
In reality even with some good miles on them, they are still going to hold there value well in comparison to regular boxsters.
So let's give ourselves a break and just enjoy each day behind the wheel :-)

Looking forward to your next pics !!
Old 04-07-2017, 12:34 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio

[img]
I also seriously debate about the new GT3 but I'm not sure what I'll really gain other than a ton more power! And maybe sharper steering and speed and on and on. But seriously, for the type of driving I like to do I don't really think there's anything better than the Spyder.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:10 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

It's a very difficult decision, Spyder or GT3, one I'm going to be faced with at some point. I set my Spyder up with LWBs, PCCBs, stereo delete and obviously MT and fixed dampers. It's the purest new driving machine you can get this side of something like a Caterham. Definitely purer than the GT3. But against this simplicity and purity the 3 has awesomeness!
Old 04-07-2017, 06:35 AM
itsujack
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Drive your Spyder's guys, get 'em dirty! This last trip to Tassie was the best. No regrets racking up the km's on this one. (though I can't wait to get detailing her this weekend )

Old 04-07-2017, 07:15 AM
Boxster7
Instructor

Originally Posted by itsujack
Drive your Spyder's guys, get 'em dirty! This last trip to Tassie was the best. No regrets racking up the km's on this one. (though I can't wait to get detailing her this weekend )

Top Man !!

Looks like you had a blast
Old 04-07-2017, 05:57 PM
flpnout
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the same dilemma: Spyder or new manual GT3. For my driving style the Spyder has sufficient power, great handling, and sound. Plus I would really miss top down driving. I will most likelyl end up keeping it (80%) and may just have to add the manual GT3 later on.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:25 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by blacksheepSpyder

Can you Back Up a bit so I can see the interior.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:45 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

I also had a new shift **** made. My goal was something that would fit into the cars interior and give it a more upscale appearance. It took some back and forth but I love the results. Added benefit is a more direct shift feel.
Attached Images     
Old 04-08-2017, 02:06 AM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

NICE.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:12 AM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksheepSpyder
Originally Posted by Marine Blue
I also had a new shift **** made. My goal was something that would fit into the cars interior and give it a more upscale appearance. It took some back and forth but I love the results. Added benefit is a more direct shift feel.
Looking good guys! A low-tech mod that packs a lot of visual punch. Well done

Quick Reply: Spyders in the Wild...