Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Spyder Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 07:43 PM
EXCLUSIVE OPTION
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default EXCLUSIVE OPTION Leather Stitched 981 Sport Chrono Clock Bezel Trim

We have sold many of these Leather Chrono Clock Bezels to 981 Cayman/Boxster owners all over the world. We exclusively designed and produce these fine 981 Leather Stitched Sport Chrono Clock Bezel Trims. This exquisite 981 accessory features every portion of the surface is crafted matching leather and stitching! This is a direct 100% perfect fit replacement as we use OEM cores. Described by customers as the most unique and eye-catching leather upgrade for any 981-chrono optioned Dash! Much better to look at and touch than the standard plastic chrono bezel that comes with all of these cars. Whether your Spyder has the Leather Package Dash or not, the factory plastic bezel is a bit of a let down in a car of this caliber. Porsche does not even allow you to option this part in leather when ordering.

http://shop.exclusiveoption.com/Leat...-981CHRONO.htm

When ordering through our site here is a reference guide for all Spyder Leather/Stitching Options:

Charcoal (No deviated Stitching Option = Black Leather / Matching Stitching
Deviated Silver = Black Leather / Platinum Silver Stitching
Deviated Red = Black Leather / Gaurds Red Stitching
Deviated Yellow = Black Leather / Racing Yellow Stitching
Spyder Classic Interior = Garnet Red Leather / Matching Stitching

Installs very easily... no need to remove anything other than the original chrono bezel itself. Simply remove plastic bezel with trim tool, Unplug Lock/Hazard Buttons, Transfer Buttons to new Leather Part, re-connect plug and reinstall Leather Chrono Bezel. Takes about 5 minutes max. Really matches the other stitching on the dash and becomes the highlight of the interior!

Please PM me with any questions. We have quite an assortment of 981 Spyder Leather Options available, most are not loaded on our site yet. Hope this helps.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:13 PM
Pete C
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 67 Posts

Ill add a few more when I get a chance:

Lowered w/ KW adjustable height springs
RSS front/rear 7mm wheel spacers
Clear side markers
Extensive Xpel coverage
Painted CCB calipers
Painted trunk/roof flaps
GT4 front lip

This Spyder is everything I had hoped my '11 would be. A real trans with a real motor w/guts! Fantastic in everyway and highly recommend it to anyone considering it.
Attached Images   
Old 04-21-2016, 11:21 AM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Very cool mods! Would love to see a close up of the painted plastic and tips on what you did or how you did it. Thank you in advance for sharing.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:46 PM
66mustang
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G

DUDE
Old 04-21-2016, 02:27 PM
jarhead_spyder
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE][

Clear side markers
Extensive Xpel coverage
Painted CCB calipers
Painted trunk/roof flaps
GT4 front lip

This Spyder is everything I had hoped my '11 would be. A real trans with a real motor w/guts! Fantastic in everyway and highly recommend it to anyone considering it.
/QUOTE]

Nice subtle mods! I like what you did with the black plastic. I was going to put 5mm spacers on..but that might not be wide enough
Old 04-21-2016, 03:09 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by EXCLUSIVE OPTION
We have sold many of these Leather Chrono Clock Bezels to 981 Cayman/Boxster owners all over the world. We exclusively designed and produce these fine 981 Leather Stitched Sport Chrono Clock Bezel Trims. This exquisite 981 accessory features every portion of the surface is crafted matching leather and stitching! This is a direct 100% perfect fit replacement as we use OEM cores. Described by customers as the most unique and eye-catching leather upgrade for any 981-chrono optioned Dash! Much better to look at and touch than the standard plastic chrono bezel that comes with all of these cars. Whether your Spyder has the Leather Package Dash or not, the factory plastic bezel is a bit of a let down in a car of this caliber. Porsche does not even allow you to option this part in leather when ordering.

http://shop.exclusiveoption.com/Leat...-981CHRONO.htm

When ordering through our site here is a reference guide for all Spyder Leather/Stitching Options:

Charcoal (No deviated Stitching Option = Black Leather / Matching Stitching
Deviated Silver = Black Leather / Platinum Silver Stitching
Deviated Red = Black Leather / Gaurds Red Stitching
Deviated Yellow = Black Leather / Racing Yellow Stitching
Spyder Classic Interior = Garnet Red Leather / Matching Stitching

Installs very easily... no need to remove anything other than the original chrono bezel itself. Simply remove plastic bezel with trim tool, Unplug Lock/Hazard Buttons, Transfer Buttons to new Leather Part, re-connect plug and reinstall Leather Chrono Bezel. Takes about 5 minutes max. Really matches the other stitching on the dash and becomes the highlight of the interior!

Please PM me with any questions. We have quite an assortment of 981 Spyder Leather Options available, most are not loaded on our site yet. Hope this helps.

Where are you located? Contact information is missing from your site, we looked for a phone/address by came up short...
Old 04-21-2016, 04:26 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

some people are doing the scoop conversion without doing the adhesive or drilling holes...

Old 04-21-2016, 11:00 PM
Pete C
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=jarhead_spyder;13219274]
[

Clear side markers
Extensive Xpel coverage
Painted CCB calipers
Painted trunk/roof flaps
GT4 front lip

/QUOTE]

Nice subtle mods! I like what you did with the black plastic. I was going to put 5mm spacers on..but that might not be wide enough

The rears are left over 5mm in the pictures. The fronts are 7mm and I have another set of 7mm coming for the rears. Just do the 7's all the way around. Fits perfectly!
Old 04-22-2016, 03:40 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by Pete C
The rears are left over 5mm in the pictures. The fronts are 7mm and I have another set of 7mm coming for the rears. Just do the 7's all the way around. Fits perfectly!
I'm really glad spacers are coming up... I HAd seen some 7/15 f/r suggestions come up, but you're saying 7mm all around?
Old 04-22-2016, 06:48 AM
Pete C
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio
I'm really glad spacers are coming up... I HAd seen some 7/15 f/r suggestions come up, but you're saying 7mm all around?
Yes. I think 15mm will protrude beyond the fender line in the rear. When I stacked them on the fronts, protrusion was the result and the fronts are inset more than the rear in stock configuration.
Old 04-22-2016, 12:59 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by Pete C
Yes. I think 15mm will protrude beyond the fender line in the rear. When I stacked them on the fronts, protrusion was the result and the fronts are inset more than the rear in stock configuration.
Hard to measure as I'm not sure which point on the tire to use as reference, however if I use the top of the flat part of the tire (the line where the tread starts) I see that both wheels are approximately an inch in.
Attached Images   
Old 04-22-2016, 10:51 PM
Pete C
Rennlist Member

Hard to say, its a matter of eyeballing it. I can tell you that with the car lowered, 15mm would be too much - @ 10mm would be perfect. The face of the wheel was beyond the front fender edge with the stacked 7mm's that I have.
Attached Images    
Old 04-22-2016, 11:46 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts
Default WARNING: POSER ALERT! POSER ALERT!

OK, this isn't really a mod -- more of a driving accessory -- so consider this slightly

Stumbled across these while searching on-line for some very basic leather driving gloves that I could throw in the glove box - nothing fancy. I wasn't looking for actual racing gloves at all, but it was love at first sight! Just had to have them, even though my Spyder will likely never see the track or an auto-x. Crazy cool and because they're made by Stand 21 the quality is definitely there (as reflected in the price): FIA and SFI certified, aramid jersey material for fire protection, all external seams, black premium leather palm inserts w/red contrasting stitching, great Porsche logo across the knuckles and beautiful crest on the sleeve -- just stunning!

Stand 21 entered into an agreement with Porsche last year to come out with a Rennsport line of driving gear (suits, helmets, shoes, etc.) and these are the Rennsport gloves. Very retro in appearance which ties in perfectly to the Spyder's old school/analog nature.

Glide your hands into these and your inner Fangio comes to life! I've verified through extensive scientific research that 0-60 times in the Spyder drop by a couple of tenths when wearing these.

Yes, admittedly there is a (HUGE) risk of being thought a total tool if seen in these during the day so do as I do and wear them at night. When it's chilly and you have the top down, you can even justify them to keep your hands warm.

If you're in So Cal, drop by Stand 21's North American headquarters in Costa Mesa and get personally measured for size. Very cool shop (note they are relocating to Huntington Beach shortly). For sizing purposes I tried on a slightly used pair in size 11 that I was told were actually worn by Hans Stuck at the Rennsport Reunion last year, so I'm hoping some of his driving skills seeped into my hands via osmosis during the brief period I tried them on.

For the fashion conscious in the crowd, rest assured these gloves go amazingly well with the Spyder Classic interior.

Sum up: A ridiculous extravagance for all but the dedicated track rat, yet can be 100% justified by the cool factor (and quality) alone. A worthy addition to your birthday/Christmas wish lists.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:19 AM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
some people are doing the scoop conversion without doing the adhesive or drilling holes...
So what's our best guess? Are these going to fly off at some point without additional measures taken to secure them???
Old 04-23-2016, 08:56 AM
ir_fuel
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is the only thing that bothers me on my Spyder.

Did you notice how Porsche managed to fit a wheel that's 0.5" wider than the Boxster GTS's rear wheel, but kept the same tire width? Look how stretched the tire sits on the rim.

I really don't understand why they did this. It looks like sh**

Quick Reply: Spyder Modifications