Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Any possible interest in this '12 Spyder?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 11:48 AM
bensf
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Ok, that is it! We will have our first Rennlist Spyder get together here in Carmel on the weekend of the ALMS race - May 9th through the 12th! Maybe Friday, May 11th will be the most suitable day, by which time most folks coming down for the race on Saturday should be in town. I will start a separate thread about it in this forum. But I encourage all Rennlisters that are planning to come down for the American LeMans race a Laguna Seca to chime in and let us know what time you will be arriving in the Carmel area so that we can plan a time period that is convenient for most of you! PM or post in our forum. Thanks!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Thanks for the offering to organize and host the Spyder get together. Unfortunately I'll have to miss the inaugural event as I have already signed up for DE days at Infineon on the 11th and 12th. Hope everyone has a great time and in the meantime look forward to meeting you and others at Sharkwerks on Friday.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I planned on coming to the race. Count me in with the Spyder.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:05 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

I'm planning on being at Infineon with Ben that weekend as well. See everyone on Friday.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 806 Likes on 468 Posts

Unfortunately I won't be able to fly out for May, I have a very heavy travel schedule for the first three weeks of May and any time I have will need to be spent at home with the family.

If however something else does come up around Pebble Beach etc. I would love to fly in and meet everyone and also enjoy the incredible cars that gather there.

Take tons of pictures guys!
Old 04-15-2012, 12:48 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I received my tickets and Porsche Corral Pass yesterday for Laguna Seca. I talked to Patrick Long, The Lizards are going to be heavy on a win for Laguna. Enough of this bad luck crap. I would make it if you can.
If there is enough interest, I can also see if he can sign our Spyders under the hoods or Rear decklid if wanted in the Corral. No promises- I know he gets busy.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:36 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Plavan
I received my tickets and Porsche Corral Pass yesterday for Laguna Seca. I talked to Patrick Long, The Lizards are going to be heavy on a win for Laguna. Enough of this bad luck crap. I would make it if you can.
If there is enough interest, I can also see if he can sign our Spyders under the hoods or Rear decklid if wanted in the Corral. No promises- I know he gets busy.
Plavan, that sounds great. Zellamsee will be coming from Marin and I hope a few others will attend (although I have not heard from anyone else yet). OrthoJoe, Bensf, Schmidts Cat & others will be attending a driving school at Sears Point that weekend.

I already had Patrick Long and his partner Jörg Bergmeister sign my Spyder's owners manual last year at the American LeMans event in Laguna. A few days before the race they gave a talk to customers of Porsche of Monterey. They went on to win that race! I was also fortunate to have attended the 2011 LeMans race in France last year and had an opportunity to see them in action at the historic Circuit de la Sarthe! They didn't do as well as hoped, but I am hopeful that they'll have a better effort this year!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Attached Images   

Last edited by Z356; 04-15-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Any possible interest in this '12 Spyder?