Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Any possible interest in this '12 Spyder?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 02:07 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 59 Posts

Keep it Eduardo!!!!!! You spent too much time and effort documenting your journey to let it go! You just need to enjoy it in the CA sun soon!
Old 04-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

I think Eduardo is on the fence as far as selling goes, the problem is that once you get a "thought" in your head it is very difficult to change it.

By the way, you guys in CA are spoiled. Try living in New England where realistically you need to put the car into storage for at least 3 months due to unsafe road conditions. Then throw in the rainy days and you end up with maybe a few months of truly awesome convertible weather.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:54 AM
pcw
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
By the way, you guys in CA are spoiled. Try living in New England where realistically you need to put the car into storage for at least 3 months due to unsafe road conditions. Then throw in the rainy days and you end up with maybe a few months of truly awesome convertible weather.
Yes we are and to be honest I wouldn't have bought the Spyder if I lived in the northwest or the east coast, I respect those that do. I can drive all year round, not to say we do not get rain, but we have ample warning when it's coming. I have now had my car for 22 months and have to admit I have been tempted to sell, but all it takes is one drive and that thought goes right out the back of the car, literally . The Spyder has and will always be the measuring stick, nothing at this point even comes close with performance, looks and and the "fun to drive" factor.

pcw
Old 04-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this Donovan or Eduardo????
Old 04-05-2012, 01:05 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Plavan
LOL
Old 04-05-2012, 01:45 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 59 Posts

Just drove my Spyder last night from San Jose to Santa Cruz over 17. Was a nice ride, although a little brisk at about 47 degrees, but it was still a nice night for a drive!
Old 04-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Plavan
It's me...but channeling the spirit of Donavan. Talking about that, someone from Rennlist recently PM me to ask if I knew how to contact the current owner of his beautiful Riviera Blue Spyder. As you all know, that Spyder is now residing with its 4th owner in Pennsylvania. So who knows if there will be further movement on that front!

By the way, Plavan. Please drop by the next time you are racing at nearby Laguna Seca. Haven't seen you since Rennsport IV and your good showing there!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 04-05-2012, 02:17 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Eduardo, are you driving Steve up next Friday in the spyder? I'm dying to see your car.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Eduardo, are you driving Steve up next Friday in the spyder? I'm dying to see your car.
Ortho: I am indeed picking Steve up at San Jose Airport on April 13th, but will be probably be driving in my JCW Mini. You are welcome to come by my house in Carmel to see the Spyder on your next trip 'south' from the Bay Area. We can also plan a little Spyder reunion here in Carmel this Spring or during August's Race Week Historics. Mile2424 is in nearby Santa Cruz and he might be up for it too. Zellamsee is in Marin but often comes to this area for events at Laguna, as does Plavan from Clovis.

I always have some Bernardus Chardonnay cooling in the wine refrigerator to share with friends, so don't be shy!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 04-05-2012, 03:30 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 170 Likes on 97 Posts

what, no one is taking their Spyders to Salt Lake City for Parade?
Old 04-05-2012, 03:31 PM
stevecolletti
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Same here... and thanks for asking, I was wondering which of Eduardo's fine fleet I'd get to see.

The Spyder and the JCW Mini both arrived after I was up there for the Historics (and work hosed me on Rennsport IV).

I hope that not driving the Spyder isn't an indicator of a sell decision
Old 04-05-2012, 03:33 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Either way, it would be nice to meet both of you guys next Friday. Schmidts Cat (Ian) will be there with his son, and Bensf might make it as well. Barring any emergencies that show up in my office, I'll be there and hopefully we can all have lunch together.

Eduardo, a spyder reunion sounds like a great idea

Joe
Old 04-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by stevecolletti
I hope that not driving the Spyder isn't an indicator of a sell decision
Not really. It is just my typical paranoid angst for which I must seek professional psychiatric help sooner than later!

Originally Posted by JSF101
what, no one is taking their Spyders to Salt Lake City for Parade?
Steve: Thanks for reminding me. That will be starting weekend of July 8th. I will be in Vail Valley that month...but perhaps can drive west from there in my '74 VW Cab! By the way, sad news today. Butzi Porsche, the designer of the 911, is dead!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 04-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Not really. It is just my typical paranoid angst for which I must seek professional psychiatric help sooner than later!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Eduardo I will be the first to admit that I have had the same problem with many cars I have owned.

My issues were related to wanting a car that was always cosmetically and mechanically as good as it left the factory. Whenever I bought a used car I would spend a solid year or more making improvements to reach a point where I was happy with the car. The problem was that when I reached that spot I then didn't want to drive it for fear of damaging the car.

Having said that I have not been shy about driving the Spyder and I think much of my fears were alleviated when I had a clear bra installed on the entire front end and any other areas that are prone to rock chips or sand blasting. I'm much more relaxed about driving and enjoy the car and in the 3500 miles I have driven I have not added any chips on the painted areas. I believe you have done the same with your Spyder. I say drive it and enjoy it! I would be more than happy to help you with keeping her pristine with any detailing advice you need (although I suspect you're already a detailing nut) and if you do get a scratch in the leather I have proven methods that will permanently repair it and make it undetectable.

I'm also a firm believer that mileage does not hurt collectability so long as the car is maintained properly cosmetically and mechanically.

Besides, you only live once and why not enjoy the car rather than saving it for someone else?
Old 04-05-2012, 04:37 PM
stevecolletti
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
...but perhaps can drive west from there in my '74 VW Cab!
You're a brave man, driving one of those, that far, at highway speeds, on roads inundated with trucks and SUVs. Of course, that may be my typical paranoid angst for which my wife suggests I seek professional psychiatric help sooner than later! But then again, being paranoid doesn't mean that everyone isn't out to get you.

Either way, it would be nice to meet both of you guys next Friday. Schmidts Cat (Ian) will be there with his son, and Bensf might make it as well. Barring any emergencies that show up in my office, I'll be there and hopefully we can all have lunch together.
I'm looking forward to it!

Quick Reply: Any possible interest in this '12 Spyder?