Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Spyder Bitten. When Does Obsession Become Insanity?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 11:12 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Awsome blue spyder! Just FYI, there is a thread on your car in another one of the forums. I would PM you, but it doesn't look like we can:
http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxst...ain-today.html
Old 03-30-2011, 11:51 PM
bensf
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Awsome blue spyder! Just FYI, there is a thread on your car in another one of the forums. I would PM you, but it doesn't look like we can:
http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxst...ain-today.html
Thanks, heading over there now.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:44 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MovIt brake update: Things have taken a turn for the worse with delays in the supply of another kit, lack of follow-through on parts and other severe "miscommunications" (I am trying to say it nicely) and I currently CANNOT recommend anyone to purchase any MovIt parts. Email or IM me for current situation if you are thinking of giving them any business.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:39 PM
bensf
Racer

Originally Posted by savyboy
MovIt brake update: Things have taken a turn for the worse with delays in the supply of another kit, lack of follow-through on parts and other severe "miscommunications" (I am trying to say it nicely) and I currently CANNOT recommend anyone to purchase any MovIt parts. Email or IM me for current situation if you are thinking of giving them any business.
Wow, that's unfortunate. If I were them I would make every effort to keep you happy. Due to your activity in various forums, propensity for mods and the great write ups, your word on a product carries a great deal of weight. I hope they realize this.

How are all the other mods holding up and how do you like the Trofeos on the Spyder? The Trofeos are impossible to find in stock anywhere. I hope things get straightened out for you.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:01 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by bensf
Wow, that's unfortunate. If I were them I would make every effort to keep you happy. Due to your activity in various forums, propensity for mods and the great write ups, your word on a product carries a great deal of weight. I hope they realize this.

How are all the other mods holding up and how do you like the Trofeos on the Spyder? The Trofeos are impossible to find in stock anywhere. I hope things get straightened out for you.
Ben- awesome Aqua Blue Spyder. So pretty!

I think you give me too much credit but I appreciate your kind words.

Over the years I have had a variety of experiences with a multitude of vendors. And the experiences have run the gamut. I love to share my mods as everyone knows. But if something goes badly sideways, and stays sideways, then I feel I have an obligation to everyone who reads my threads and comments to report that as well.

Last year I had some tremendous "challenges" with a wheel vendor and did not publicize them. Others were inspired by my posts and then they had some horrible experiences. Some of these people I know and run on track with in real life and I have to face them and feel a responsibility for leading them down a hellish path. After that experience I plan to note sideways deals much earlier in their gestation then I previously did.

The Spyder mods are holding up very well, I have a squeaking exhaust bracket I need to fix but other than that A-OK. The Trofeos are sticky gummy street legal tires with wide tread channels if you find yourself in the wet. On track it is critical to run them at low pressures, no more than 31psi hot! (per their race engineers) Higher pressure will result in some weird wear characteristics. Obviously for street use run the door jamb sticker pressures.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:08 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,643 Likes on 762 Posts

Others were inspired by my posts and then they had some horrible experiences. Some of these people I know and run on track with in real life and I have to face them and feel a responsibility for leading them down a hellish path. After that experience I plan to note sideways deals much earlier in their gestation then I previously did.
+1

Same for me and my active surveillance of Traqmate inquiries.
I have people look at my FLATOUT video's and ask me about Traqmate, or they just go out and buy it.
The results look nice, but it rarely works well, support, manuals and counter intuative software is a nightmare! I felt bad for the gus that just went out and bought!
Old 06-02-2011, 12:01 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

thanks! i was thinking of buying traqmate.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:07 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

still loving the Capristo?

how many cells is the cat? any CEL's to contend with?

thanks
Old 06-02-2011, 09:26 PM
balakris
Instructor

Originally Posted by allegretto

thanks
Nice Mal, how old?
Old 06-03-2011, 11:36 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by balakris
Nice Mal, how old?
20 mo. He's a beauty. Lean and strong

well trained for home and away... you likely know what I mean. working all the time
Old 06-04-2011, 01:07 AM
balakris
Instructor

Yeah he looks sturdy. My girl is 4 years old, she's a hoot.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:18 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by balakris
Yeah he looks sturdy. My girl is 4 years old, she's a hoot.
they're great dogs.

suffer from underexposure to the breed except in working circles

need room though, they are frisky and fast

sorry for the hijack, joe

Old 06-07-2011, 03:07 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by allegretto

thanks
LOVE the Capristo- it's crazy good. Cats are 200 cell and surely where much of the power comes from.

It does NOT throw a CEL.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:13 PM
bensf
Racer

Originally Posted by savyboy
Last year I had some tremendous "challenges" with a wheel vendor and did not publicize them.
Was this your experience with the vendor of your current Spyder wheels? Just asking because these would be the wheels of choice if I went aftermarket.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:55 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,668 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Originally Posted by bensf
Was this your experience with the vendor of your current Spyder wheels? Just asking because these would be the wheels of choice if I went aftermarket.
speaking from personal experience, if you want headache, order tech 110. if you want perfection order BBS motorsport.

if you want just short of perfection, hre, ccw, forgeline.

u are in SF, call up alex at sharkwerks. buy through him and he takes care of customers. service is what matters. i have a lot of wheels, i only buy BBS and CCW now. if they dont make a wheel for that car, i dont want the car. those wheels are THAT good.

Quick Reply: Spyder Bitten. When Does Obsession Become Insanity?