Rennlist Member

Received 491 Likes on 208 Posts

Buddy took a couple pics
Old 08-14-2017, 10:22 PM
Jpacione
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
At work day 1 - So far...Engine is awesome. Pulls like a race motor. The sound is truly epic. The magnetic shocks soak up big/hard bumps phenomenally, quite smooth. Love the gearbox, very precise, really get that bolt action feel when it pops in gear and with some stiffness as I hate when they're too light. Clutch pedal is very light, easy to daily but need to get used to it, would prefer some more feel. Steering is lighter than I like, but need to push it to see how it feels loaded, also just played with the modes, felt better with sport setting...didn't realize it was in comfort. Car tramlines a bit due to the giant 305 front tires I'm assuming. Car size is my only complaint. It does feel big. I don't like that. I'm sure within a few days I'll get used to it but right now that's my only issue with the car. I mean the m2 felt big after getting out of the 964 but this feels much much bigger. Love the seats, the interior is good enough for me. Did I mention the engine and exhaust?

edit: steering was in comfort forgot to try different modes. Preferred the sport setting. Heavier and more reactive
Exactly my observations - agree all around. I thought the high waistline was going to continue to bother me, as it contributes to the car 'feeling' large, but I'm used to it after a few weeks, and it feels much smaller now. Not like a 911, but very acceptable. It holds the road like crazy when cornering. And the engine, especially with exhaust in sport mode...oh man.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:27 PM
Jpacione
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by modenaboy
Hi. Just picked up a used GT350R, and while it handles great on smooth roads, on bumpier roads it is incredibly stiff and you really feel it coming out of corners with bumps (whereas my Z06 and other cars seem to get more drive out of the corner). I'm wondering if I still have the rear bump stops on. There's about 2-3 fingers space between tires and the body.

How do you spot the spacers? Can you just look underneath the car in the street, or do you need to get it on a lift? I took a look with the car outside, but I couldn't see anything.

Also, if the spacers are still there, how do you remove them? Simply put the car on a lift and pull them out, or does it require any tools?

Sorry if those questions are obvious!

Thanks very much,

-- Gordie
not sure if you could see them without a lift but maybe. I was told that the dealer has to recalibrate the suspension after taking the blocks off. Part of the ppi. So if you do have them in, you may need to go back to the dealer. Hopefully someone else can confirm.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:51 AM
Geza
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 57 Posts

At work day 1 - So far...Engine is awesome. Pulls like a race motor. The sound is truly epic. The magnetic shocks soak up big/hard bumps phenomenally, quite smooth. Love the gearbox, very precise, really get that bolt action feel when it pops in gear and with some stiffness as I hate when they're too light. Clutch pedal is very light, easy to daily but need to get used to it, would prefer some more feel. Steering is lighter than I like, but need to push it to see how it feels loaded, also just played with the modes, felt better with sport setting...didn't realize it was in comfort. Car tramlines a bit due to the giant 305 front tires I'm assuming. Car size is my only complaint. It does feel big. I don't like that. I'm sure within a few days I'll get used to it but right now that's my only issue with the car. I mean the m2 felt big after getting out of the 964 but this feels much much bigger. Love the seats, the interior is good enough for me. Did I mention the engine and exhaust?

edit: steering was in comfort forgot to try different modes. Preferred the sport setting. Heavier and more reactive
For the clutch, you may want to try ditching the clutch assist spring. I did - big improvement. Very simple and can be easily reinstalled if preferred. Process - takes 6 seconds - Depress the clutch with one hand, grasp the top of spring assy and pull towards you - pops right out with minimal force. Clean up excess grease.

If you like the OEM shifter, which is quite good, the aftermarket MGW shifter is sublime. Talk about rifle bolt action.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:04 AM
Geza
Pro

Originally Posted by Geza
For the clutch, you may want to try ditching the clutch assist spring. I did - big improvement. Very simple and can be easily reinstalled if preferred. Process - takes 6 seconds - Depress the clutch with one hand, grasp the top of spring assy and pull towards you - pops right out with minimal force. Clean up excess grease.

If you like the OEM shifter, which is quite good, the aftermarket MGW shifter is sublime. Talk about rifle bolt action.
MGW...
Attached Images  
Old 08-15-2017, 10:21 AM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Received 363 Likes on 221 Posts

^ ****! lol
Old 08-15-2017, 10:22 AM
jmg3
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Last edited by jmg3; 05-30-2021 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:20 AM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 731 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by jmg3
engine = cool. rest of car = garbage, just like the new FGT
Thanks for the insight

Peter
Old 08-15-2017, 11:45 AM
Geza
Pro

Originally Posted by thebishman
^ ****! lol
For <$500, I'm thinking about buying another one just so I can look at it!
Old 08-15-2017, 11:47 AM
DD GT3 RD
Rennlist Member

Received 491 Likes on 208 Posts

Took it for a small canyon drive till the next track day. Suspension works amazingly well. Tires obviously give tons of grip but the suspension def works and the chassis feels great. Tons of feedback. Again engine / exhaust is ....
Old 08-15-2017, 12:04 PM
Geza
Pro

Hi. Just picked up a used GT350R, and while it handles great on smooth roads, on bumpier roads it is incredibly stiff and you really feel it coming out of corners with bumps (whereas my Z06 and other cars seem to get more drive out of the corner). I'm wondering if I still have the rear bump stops on. There's about 2-3 fingers space between tires and the body.

How do you spot the spacers? Can you just look underneath the car in the street, or do you need to get it on a lift? I took a look with the car outside, but I couldn't see anything.

Also, if the spacers are still there, how do you remove them? Simply put the car on a lift and pull them out, or does it require any tools?

Thanks very much,

-- Gordie
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...ipping+spacers
Old 08-15-2017, 12:59 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jmg3
engine = cool. rest of car = garbage, just like the new FGT
Do you own either car? Because many people here do....
Old 08-15-2017, 02:10 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Took it for a small canyon drive till the next track day. Suspension works amazingly well. Tires obviously give tons of grip but the suspension def works and the chassis feels great. Tons of feedback. Again engine / exhaust is ....
BLISS

Apples and Oranges when compared to lightweight/smaller GT cars... but the car is that damn good!

And they do look good in red or orange as well...

And no it's not garbage, not even close. That's a clueless or ignorant comment IMO.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:03 PM
Wooly1
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks very much,

-- Gordie
Some of you thought that my car pictured above was riding high and that I should check for the suspension spacers. So I put the car up on jacks and tried to look but like you, I don't know exactly where to look. I couldn't see anything obvious. My car seems to ride fine and I can't imagine it being any lower but I would like to know how to check for sure. Where do they put them?
Old 08-15-2017, 04:10 PM
modenaboy
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for replies about the spacers

Thanks for the link, and to the others that replied about the spacers. I'll get the car on a lift soon and check to see if they are still on.

-- Gordie

Quick Reply: GT350