My rev matching is dying

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 09:46 AM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gregp714
SRAM Red or Shimano Dura-Ace? Discuss.

I have a Project one Emonda with Di2, power meter, etc, etc. due in any day. (Joins the Madone that I have...) I had no idea there were "roadies" in this group.....

Its good riding here in Austin.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:45 AM
GT4Stu
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Haha... we tend to come out of the woodwork
A bit chilly up here in Northern NJ but there's no such thing as bad weather... just inappropriate gear!
Though I would live to ride in the Hill Country, I hear its beautiful!
Old 01-12-2017, 11:20 AM
gregp714
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Parked safely next to the Porsches in the garage:

Road: LOOK 695, SRAM Red mechanical
Triathlon: Cervelo P5, Di2
Mountain: Santa Cruz Nomad, SRAM XX

Cycling is a bit of an obsession in our house, but it's been so much fun to do as a family. There are currently 14 bikes in our garage
Old 01-12-2017, 11:26 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,626 Likes on 2,311 Posts

Originally Posted by GT4Stu
Haha... we tend to come out of the woodwork
A bit chilly up here in Northern NJ but there's no such thing as bad weather... just inappropriate gear!
Though I would live to ride in the Hill Country, I hear its beautiful!
ee
yeah, CA been cold and wet. goining through vittoria latest graphine like they are made of paper
btw, if you haven't tried, the graphine is the sh*t.
everything else rides like rocks.

Originally Posted by texasviany
I have a Project one Emonda with Di2, power meter, etc, etc. due in any day. (Joins the Madone that I have...) I had no idea there were "roadies" in this group.....

Its good riding here in Austin.
i was a MTBer. now too old to break bones for the 100's time. so thought pavement would lead to more predicable crashes.

austin is flat no

Originally Posted by drwuss
I measure 54 but almost went 52 for the more compliant frame cus I am so skinny. I also like the little more weight on the front wheel that the 52 would give me in the crosswinds we get around here. I went 54 because I have a few guys that always try to buy my used stuff so the exit strategy won this round. Now I am too lazy to sell it so I will likely have my bike for a while. I like shimano di2 and will stay with it for disc brakes but have same complaint about buttons and will add that I have felt it sometimes without thick gloves when my hands (wrist injury) go numb due to chip seal roads. Too many batteries in sram scare me as well. Never used campy cuz No compatibility with other parts scares me.
so you are one of those 140# dudes that drop me on climbs.
did 750K' of climb last year. but the skinny butts are hard to beat.
what MTB is on your avatar? my fav hard tail was Seven Sola, my is so old that it only works with rockshox sid , you know those tiny and super short 63 mm stuff hahahaah... every moots they made until 15 years ago, maverick.. then quit.

i have same comment on 52 front end wt. it carves better than 54. first ride on my 54, i decided to just do 102 miles 10,000' climb. almost rode off the cliff as it had way lesss front wt than i am used to. it's a TURNING bike, not a LEANING bike. 52 definitely lean better into turn, i think somehow i am more forward in the cockpit. the cipo turn really really well, some times so well you lean right into the pavement and slide off the road. did that a few times.

Originally Posted by VLJ
Mechanical DA or gtfo.
i see u are more in good spirits with bikes.
i still have mechanical SR. but the effort to pivot the levers to shift is too much vs the push button EPS. yes i am lazy

Old 01-12-2017, 11:32 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by gregp714
Parked safely next to the Porsches in the garage:

Road: LOOK 695, SRAM Red mechanical
Triathlon: Cervelo P5, Di2
Mountain: Santa Cruz Nomad, SRAM XX

Cycling is a bit of an obsession in our house, but it's been so much fun to do as a family. There are currently 14 bikes in our garage
how do u switch b/n sram and di2? yo wont get confused?
i can't even go b/n rapid rise and rapid fire when shimao made the change way back

i tried to get family riding
wife thinks it's a death wish riding bikes
daughter is fast
son complains. "i peddle very fast but bike wont go anywhere" he's 7yo and has a fixed gear costco special hahaha i think his front wheel weights more than my whole bike hahaha
Old 01-12-2017, 12:19 PM
GT4Stu
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Safely parked in the basement since I do not have a garage:

Custom Argonaut with Campy SR 11
Look 695 - Italian Flag Edition with Chorus 11
Moser M78 with Campy Cenataur and Power Cranks
Giant CX bike that costs less than a wheel set on the other bikes

I am one of those 140+ lb guys but I don't do nearly as much climbing as Mooty! Max I can get around here is 5k without riding in circles.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:13 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 503 Likes on 237 Posts

I like the OT direction of this thread

I personally prefer the dirt and ride road only to fill in the gaps. I bought myself this for Xmas... 2017 Enduro 29er S-works with a little XX1 Eagle bling in gold to match the buttery Ohlins

Old 01-12-2017, 01:23 PM
VLJ
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Since we are doing this...

This is the race bike:

This is the bike I actually like to ride:

They have their own bedroom:

Old 01-12-2017, 01:37 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Etap
Old 01-12-2017, 01:57 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 972 Likes on 364 Posts

Di2 fo life yo. Gimmie flappy levers.

(Edit for less sarcasm)

OP, awesome bikes! See, there is common ground amongst us.

My Domane SLR7 with Enve 3.4's:

Fuel EX 9.8 29'r:

Last edited by ChrisF; 01-12-2017 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:15 PM
okie981
Rennlist Member

Received 613 Likes on 419 Posts

This thread has taken a turn for the better, on a topic I can read now with some curiosity....

Old 01-12-2017, 02:36 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by C5driver
PM me the info and I'll send you a gigantic box of big boy panties
LOL..
Old 01-12-2017, 03:01 PM
drwuss
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My avatar pic is an epic. Pic came out well but I got my *** kicked in that race. I ride specialized stuff for the most part. I am getting rid of my epics now because I have a camber that I think will be better for the courses I am focusing on the next two years.

Back to electronic vs cable shifting, electric is where it will all be soon. I compare cables to electronic like carburetor to fuel injection. Carburetor work well if adjusted properly. Average bike mechanic in San Francisco makes <$15 hour. Long term the industry will get ****tier and ****tier employees as smart ones leave for lucrative Taco Bell career. ****tier employees will necessitate electric shifting. Then there is all the options for button placement and reduction in effort to shift the electric stuff. There are a surprising number of people that can't work mechanical shifters due to injury arthritis etc that can actually use their bike if it has electric. Add to this the fact that "bikes are too complex" is the #1 reason people don't buy or stop riding their bikes and the automated or simpler shifting options electric offers makes the long term outcome simpler to see. Once batteries get better the full suspension stuff will get huge benefits from electric set ups, like the active suspension we have on our gt4 cars. The mtb will have climb,trail,descend mode where suspension changes valving and travel and the dropper post will be connected to it as well.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:08 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by VLJ
Since we are doing this...

This is the race bike:

This is the bike I actually like to ride:

They have their own bedroom:

nice set up and room
u must be young
big bar drop with slammed stack , i only wish
are those arione 00?
great saddle. but i can't go pass 70 miles with them

Originally Posted by drwuss
My avatar pic is an epic. Pic came out well but I got my *** kicked in that race. I ride specialized stuff for the most part. I am getting rid of my epics now because I have a camber that I think will be better for the courses I am focusing on the next two years.

Back to electronic vs cable shifting, electric is where it will all be soon. I compare cables to electronic like carburetor to fuel injection. Carburetor work well if adjusted properly. Average bike mechanic in San Francisco makes <$15 hour. Long term the industry will get ****tier and ****tier employees as smart ones leave for lucrative Taco Bell career. ****tier employees will necessitate electric shifting. Then there is all the options for button placement and reduction in effort to shift the electric stuff. There are a surprising number of people that can't work mechanical shifters due to injury arthritis etc that can actually use their bike if it has electric. Add to this the fact that "bikes are too complex" is the #1 reason people don't buy or stop riding their bikes and the automated or simpler shifting options electric offers makes the long term outcome simpler to see. Once batteries get better the full suspension stuff will get huge benefits from electric set ups, like the active suspension we have on our gt4 cars. The mtb will have climb,trail,descend mode where suspension changes valving and travel and the dropper post will be connected to it as well.
agree on electronics less fuss
until u forget to charge. stuck in 27 cog. and going down hill spinning like a rat. finally saw hill.... never so happy facing a big climb lol

Old 01-12-2017, 07:21 PM
drwuss
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sonorous your enduro is really cool. I am on the fence about getting one, I probably will as all I need at the moment is a frame and fork. Hesitation is I have 2k plus miles on my stumpy six fattie that I also use 29r wheels on it. The bike has a bunch of strava KOMs and amazingly I have yet to break anything on it so I am inclined to keep using it. And I think mooty will be proud of me cuz that bike is pretty much my daily driver now, I hope I can attach the pic I took of it earlier today before I took it to the grocery store through all the slush and crap outside.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: My rev matching is dying